Need Advice: House quotation

rannem

Need Advice: House quotation

Post by rannem »

Hello everyone,

Constructing home is everyone dream and we have started this journey few months back. We have decided to construct G + 2 Floors duplex house in a 30x40 site.

Ground floor: 2 Car park
First Floor: 1BHK
Second Floor: 2 Bedrooms
Terrace: open area

I have shortlisted an architect who is very good with the workmanship and quality of the construction. I saw his projects which are excellent interms of style, spec, material used. This is going to complete turn key model - the architect is going execute the project start to finish and have attached quotation for review. As i don't have any knowledge/experience in constructing house, am hoping to get gather some validation.
  • i wanted to know the hidden items that should be called out in the quote?
  • What are the additional details/clauses that has to be added to this?
  • And finally, I know the price is inflated by 10% or 12%, can you guys validate if this price/sqft is as per current material prices?
Thanks, Ravi
Attachments
construction quoation 2.4.pdf
(124.19 KiB) Downloaded 491 times
catchmesachin

Re: Need Advice: House quotation

Post by catchmesachin »

*Brand of CPVC and PVC pipes is not mentioned.
*Ask him to make roof height of 11 feet for all floors.
*You will never get Burma Teak at 4k. Hes quoting for Burma Border. Burma will cost minimum 8k.
*They usually say APCO blocks but in reality will never use APCO as its pretty expensive. Ask him to use Panchami Blocks or Sunvik Block or AVS as you dont get second quality here.
*Royal emulsion is a very basic paint.

With the quotation given architect/engineer is sure to make minimum Rs.15-20 lakhs profit.

Suggest you to give it on labour contract and never on full contract.
Achyut7997

Post by Achyut7997 »

This is a half-cooked quote. Don't fall prey to such a quote. Many people without a degree in print cads are advertising themselves as architects.
Please verify their certificates before the start of the discussion.
anushk

Post by anushk »

The quotation looks too high for the materials quoted. Maybe you should get a mason and construct . Also hire a structural engineer to check the progress and correct the mistakes. The max cost per sqft will be 1850-1900 per sqft . The steel and cement price are reduced.

I am actually constructing a house and have given full material contract, the contractor has nothing to do in site. He will just ensure the materials are on time or not. This job can be done by anyone. Make sure u visit the site often and keep checking the progress. A good mason can finish construction in 9months. Starting you might feel it's difficult to maintain but going on its too easy.
catchmesachin

Post by catchmesachin »

House construction is a time when people loot you in case u lack knowledge on construction. I will never advice anyone to give it on material contract.
sunil18vns

Post by sunil18vns »

I am constructing exact same plan with branded items like birla super, tata steel, honne wood, hydaulic blocks etc and given on labor contract. Plastetingvis going on and i have incurred 23 lacs so far and most likely finish in 40 lacs with al premium quality so roughly i am able to complete 3000 built up in around 1400 psft....
Never fo for material contract as variety of material is huge and you have to decide what u want
anushk

Post by anushk »

Wow, that's like 1333 rs per sqft !! Amazing .
Kambal

Post by Kambal »

sunil18vns wrote:
June 16th, 2022, 6:52 am
I am constructing exact same plan with branded items like birla super, tata steel, honne wood, hydaulic blocks etc and given on labor contract. Plastetingvis going on and i have incurred 23 lacs so far and most likely finish in 40 lacs with al premium quality so roughly i am able to complete 3000 built up in around 1400 psft....
Never fo for material contract as variety of material is huge and you have to decide what u want
Excellent. Good inspiration to go for labour contract. Can you share how did you source materials - online / physical shopping.
sunil18vns

Post by sunil18vns »

Source physically...for online try IBO
blr78

Post by blr78 »

Hi rannem,
I am no expert. But the quotation is not detailed. Others too have pointed at it.
Hi All,
I am in the same boat. I have been talking to a lot of contractors. Actually there are too many out there.
But finding it difficult to finalise. Its very confusing. For all those who hired a contractor, how did you decide on it? ( Note: i am not asking for references. But the process)

Return to “Civil Construction”