Input needed on construction cost

girishshk

Re: Input needed on construction cost

Post by girishshk »

blr78 wrote:
November 29th, 2021, 8:21 pm
Hi all,
I am looking to buy a built house. Have seen a few. But their asking price looks way off. Can someone tell me the construction cost on a per sq/ft basis?. This is for end to end construction, that includes, kitchen, woodwork, and goodies like, home automation, cctv etc. Lets assume, the materials used are premium. What would be the construction cost?. Or how high can it go to?. I know there is no right answer. But wanted to get some idea.

Also, in the built up area calculation, should we add car parking area on ground floor etc?
Purely my perspective on buying already built house-

Buy Built house, Only if you have actually seen the construction quality while being built!!
Presently in Bangalore there is Commercialization. (purchase site, construct and sell business)
If reputed builders, you might have a proper agreement in terms of quality but unknown sellers its difficult.
I have seen some villas constructed on bannerghatta road, where engineers validate the quality during all phases, this might not be the case for all the developers.

How will you estimate and assume the internal quality and build of the house? You can only feel the exteriors and fittings. Quality and brand of bricks/steel/tiles/granite/woods cannot be assumed by their shining and polished surfaces later after finishing is done.

Still, The best way to estimate is to take/approach a bank loan which they will validate with independent evaluators. The actual price shall be minimum 10% lower than they quote.
ardesarchitects

Re: Input needed on construction cost

Post by ardesarchitects »

blr78 wrote:
November 29th, 2021, 8:21 pm
Hi all,
I am looking to buy a built house. Have seen a few. But their asking price looks way off. Can someone tell me the construction cost on a per sq/ft basis?. This is for end to end construction, that includes, kitchen, woodwork, and goodies like, home automation, cctv etc. Lets assume, the materials used are premium. What would be the construction cost?. Or how high can it go to?. I know there is no right answer. But wanted to get some idea.

Also, in the built up area calculation, should we add car parking area on ground floor etc?
Hi Blr78,
To give a straight answer for your question is not easy as the specifications are very important to understand the cost of construction for any building.
Currently in the market to construct a decent home will cost you 1800-2000/- per sft only for civil works ( "decent" definition is individual perspective in this case ) Upper circuit for the cost is unlimited, lower circuit is 1600/- per sft.
Interiors cost 15% of construction cost.
Built up area is calculated for every sft including parking, balcony etc if you are not considering sump, compound wall, parapet, tanks as extra cost.

Regards,
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
www.ardesarchitects.com
https://www.instagram.com/ardesarchitects

Return to “Civil Construction”