WATER HERO AWARD BY GOVT. OF INDIA, MINISTRY OF JAL SHAKTI (WATER RESOURCES)

SAMPATH S

WATER HERO AWARD BY GOVT. OF INDIA, MINISTRY OF JAL SHAKTI (WATER RESOURCES)

Post by SAMPATH S »

WATER HERO AWARD

I feel immensely proud to convey that I have been selected for the WATER HERO Award by the Ministry of Jal Shakti (Water Resources) of GOVT. OF INDIA. This award is given with the objective of promoting the value of water in general and for supporting country-wide efforts on water conservation and sustainable development of water resources. The results were announced on 23/08/2021 in a notification by the Ministry on MyGov.in portal.

The Award entails a cash prize of Rs.10,000, besides a Certificate. While I was waiting for receipt of the certificate, I understand that the same would be sent in due course, besides the cash prize would be remitted to my bank account by NEFT.

For me the award is in recognition of my developing a Simple and Innovative Low-Cost, High Efficiency, Do-it-yourself EFFECTIVE RAINWATER HARVESTING FILTER SYSTEM and also for my tireless contribution by spreading awareness on direct rainwater harvesting for domestic use for all purposes, including drinking/cooking, among the Community over a period of several years.

It is worth noting that while this is the highest award an individual can contest in the field of water conservation under the Ministry of Jal Shakti (Water Resources), it is open to non-individuals too – including the Central & State Govt., their departmental undertakings like Defence, Railways, Posts, etc., Public Sector Undertakings, Private Sector Undertakings, Companies, NGOs, Research bodies, IITs, IIMs, Engineering Colleges and all Educational Institutions, etc., the only condition is that it is represented through an individual.

I have already received the JALA RUSHI PURASKAR from BWSSB.

With this award, my presence in the field of water conservation at the national level has been strengthened. Your continued encouragement has been a source of strength all through.
SAMPATH S

Re: WATER HERO AWARD BY GOVT. OF INDIA, MINISTRY OF JAL SHAKTI (WATER RESOURCES)

Post by SAMPATH S »

To read in detail about the EFFECTIVE RAINWATER HARVESTING FILTERS please read my following string:

http://www.mybdasites.com/viewtopic.php?f=98&t=9369
ganeshncm

Re: WATER HERO AWARD BY GOVT. OF INDIA, MINISTRY OF JAL SHAKTI (WATER RESOURCES)

Post by ganeshncm »

Awesome great job..when it becomes available commercially..do let us know
SAMPATH S

Post by SAMPATH S »

Thank you Ganesh.

It is very unlikely to become available commercially. Even though I had received a few offers for commercial exploitation, I have flatly refused.

Also it is not easy to commercialize this model in view of certain design aspects which would essentially make it bulky besides the cost would escalate manifold.

A few are even suggesting me to get it patented, but then I am not interested even on thinking on these lines.

Essentially this filter is made from upcycled used paint buckets and extreme low cost locally available materials, except for the 75 micron fine mesh, but even this is not that expensive, making it extremely affordable.

The only aspect is its do-it-yourself character, which majority of our countrymen are not used to.
SAMPATH S

Post by SAMPATH S »

At last the Jal Shakti Ministry has sent my Certificate for the Water Hero Award.

WATER HERO AWARD Certificate.jpg
WATER HERO AWARD Certificate.jpg (65.11 KiB) Viewed 5084 times
Lalitha36

Post by Lalitha36 »

Heartiest congratulations 👏! Thanks a lot for your efforts towards community well-being. Stay blessed always 🙏
Balu

Post by Balu »

Congrats & appreciate your efforts towards community well-being. We are blessed that a WATER HERO is in our group.
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

SAMPATH S wrote:
December 5th, 2021, 5:40 pm
At last the Jal Shakti Ministry has sent my Certificate for the Water Hero Award.

WATER HERO AWARD Certificate.jpg
Hi Sampath,
Congratulations to you for receiving the "Water hero award " from Jal shakthi ministry.
It's indeed a pride moment for our forum to have you sharing your knowledge without any commercial intentions. The consistent R&D by you on rainwater filters is not an easy task. Being in an urban area with space constraints, your idea of DIY rainwater filter is a big leap in catching clean rain water.
I have been reading your posts but for some reason never able to contribute on the same topic.

Regards,
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
www.ardesarchitects.com
https://www.instagram.com/ardesarchitects
SAMPATH S

Post by SAMPATH S »

Lalitha36 wrote:
December 6th, 2021, 8:25 am
Heartiest congratulations 👏! Thanks a lot for your efforts towards community well-being. Stay blessed always 🙏
Thank you for your kind words @Lalitha36.
SAMPATH S

Post by SAMPATH S »

Balu wrote:
December 6th, 2021, 10:12 am
Congrats & appreciate your efforts towards community well-being. We are blessed that a WATER HERO is in our group.
Thank you @Balu. My small contribution towards our community.

Return to “Civil Construction”