New construction

pradipr81

Re: New construction

Post by pradipr81 »

catchmesachin wrote:
July 22nd, 2021, 11:31 am
Can someone tell the prices of Jelly and M Sand double wash and regular prices??? and also refer to someone who supplies in north bangalore.
Checkout Sand Masters. They are based out of North Bangalore and have good quality of m and p sand

SAND MASTERS
098803 42717
https://maps.app.goo.gl/9jhWyf8CsJ4LAjUe6
catchmesachin

Post by catchmesachin »

Finished my 1st mould 10 days back and from today starting off the construction of 1st floor. Anyone who has done the ceiling height of 11 feet?

I want to get the ceiling height of 11 feet but my engineer is insisting on 10.5 feet as he feels 11ft will be too much.
RashmiL

Post by RashmiL »

11 feet inclusive of slab or excluding. 10 feet height excluding slab is good. As I have heard, higher ceilings have psychological effects. I think it's better to avoid 11 feet ceilings.
catchmesachin

Post by catchmesachin »

11 feet exluding slab. i feel having a 11feet ceiling will make the house look bigger and spacious.
amit_pearl2

Post by amit_pearl2 »

Sachin,
Are you building the house on labor contract?
What is the estimate? Did anyone give you BOQ and type of material to be used?

I was told the BOQ which also captures the steel to used and other details is good references when we talk to contractors
Regards

catchmesachin wrote:
July 8th, 2021, 8:48 am
Hi,

I have started my house construction at Yelahanka at 30/40 plot with G+2 construction.

Got 5kwh temp connection 3 phase at 20k plus 10 k bribe.

Got best Borewell motor quote at 76k texmo 3P with Finolex pipe and Meenakshi cable. Borewell depth 760 feet with cable til 700 feet.

Got blocks at Rs.34 per 6inch block from local vendor for shed construction.

Pleas suggest some good block selling person number with high quality.

Also plz suggest which steel should I go for?? Is jsw or Tata required for small construction of g+2 30/40 plot or local ones are god enough???
catchmesachin

Post by catchmesachin »

Can someone suggest main door specification??? I don’t want to go for the usual 3.5/7 feet. Wanted to get a little bigger main doors. Was thinking about 4/7.6 feet with width of 4 feet and height of 7.6 feet. My ceiling height is around 10.9 feet.
RashmiL

Post by RashmiL »

catchmesachin wrote:
September 3rd, 2021, 6:27 am
Can someone suggest main door specification??? I don’t want to go for the usual 3.5/7 feet. Wanted to get a little bigger main doors. Was thinking about 4/7.6 feet with width of 4 feet and height of 7.6 feet. My ceiling height is around 10.9 feet.
If width is 4 feet, why not go for 8 feet. It will look majestic. However you need to put long latches to close it. Else will definitely look good.
Visualizer

Post by Visualizer »

For ceiling height I think 10 feet is more than sufficient. Extra height means longer ceiling fan rods or heigher AC costs. Personally I never felt so called psychological impact of heigher ceiling by a foot in any house but it is individual choice.

For ceiling height keep it in odd multiples of 6 inches after leaving floor margin.
The reason is as per vastu stairs should be odd numbers and for practicality 6 inch riser in stairs is best. Logical reason behind steps in odd numbers is that you end on same feet wh8ch you started climbing so it feels little sorted.

Even if you dont belive in vastu all the workmen and extended family will keep oj pumping odd number idea and it also has impact on resale and rental values.

Also while calculating height of blockwork leaving 3 inch for floor margin. Mistri doing block work and plaster have very little idea of flooring and 2 inch becomes problem in granite laying if you have conduit pipes running on floor. If there is one inch extra margin it gets filled with sand else the first step becones shorter and people stumble while getting down.
Visualizer

Post by Visualizer »

catchmesachin wrote:
September 3rd, 2021, 6:27 am
I have gone for 4.5 feet x 7 feet.
54 inch width means 50 inch clear door shutter space so going for asymitric door shutter of 16 inch and 34 inchs to take care of visual oddity of proportion.

The 7 feet height because architect had given very small one of 3 x 7 and beam was already laid and later I asked to increase the size.

I think in your case 8 feet will be better but beware getting door frames higher than standard 7 feet becomes expensive as longer length wood is costlier.
deepakss83

Post by deepakss83 »

Hello Friends,

Could some one please share me the detailed BOQ for labour contract. I am also planning to construct the house and desperately looking for some kind of quotation.

Return to “Civil Construction”