Jio ODSC Signal booster

Balu

Jio ODSC Signal booster

Post by Balu »

Hi friends,

Jio guys have approached me to install Jio ODSC signal booster on top of my house, they told it will be 3mtr tall and they are planning to install 2 nos. 2000 rs monthly rent per pole will be paid.

Please guide me with the following:
1. is this a health hazard?
2. Do I have to pay additional tax for BBMP if these poles are installed?
3. Will this affect birds?

I have shared the sample photo of the pole, need your valuable inputs so that I can decide to go with it or not.

Thanks,
Attachments
JIo ODSC Booster.pdf
(140.46 KiB) Downloaded 387 times
Visualizer

Re: Jio ODSC Signal booster

Post by Visualizer »

1. No it's not health hazard
2. Don't know about tax
3. No it doesn't affact birds.
Balu

Post by Balu »

Thanks Visualizer

suggestions are welcome.
Whitewing

Post by Whitewing »

There is no firm scientific evidence on if mobile towers adversely affect human health, likewise there is no conclusive evidence that mobile towers do not affect human health.
What is proven is that these signals have led to weakening of eggshells - resulting in impact to bird population, especially sparrows.

There are other factors as well, what is the signal strength etc. These will be most likely within the Govt. stipulated ranges.

From the image, these appear to be directional antennas, if so, then impact to your house (which is beneath) would be minimal. However, if there is neighboring house in the beam direction, they would get a full dose of these signals.
Again, the science on this is limited, So, you have to take a call based on what you believe.
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

HI, Balu
I am not very sure about health issues because of a signal booster on the terrace as there is not much scientific evidence on the same.
Regarding the tax payment you need to disclose while you are paying property tax about any mobile towers / boosters etc installed in your property that are used for commercial purposes as per law.
Generally all these companies pay you from corporate or business accounts that need to mandate the TDS collection.
In case they are using the power from your meter, Bescom can question you and convert your power connection to commercial leading to higher slab rates approx double the cost.
I suggest you get clarity on the same, in case bescom commercial shift happens, Will they take care of the same?

Regards,
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
www.ardesarchitects.com
https://www.instagram.com/ardesarchitects
Balu

Post by Balu »

Hi,

Thanks to all for your valuable suggestion's.

Also received mixed response from my relatives & friends hence I have decided not to install the Signal booster on my house.
Visualizer

Post by Visualizer »

About safety part of it I can only say I have been working in mobile technology development for 2 decades ( 2G , 3G , 4G and 5G ) and there was a 5G test antenna right above my office building even before 5G was launched anywhere in world or 5G was known to general pubic and before social media created this paranoia.

no-one known to me has every suffered any damages , no-one in office or ex-colleague ever reported any cancer , saw no dead birds ever and while working on these tech produced 2 children as well so so I think that should be good enough to lay to rest to doubts floated by conspiracy theorists.

However signal boosters / Antennas do look ugly and it is purely your choice to install or not install :)
Whitewing

Post by Whitewing »

There have been studies made, where the negative impact to avian life (sparrows in India, and other species in some other countries.) is clearly established [ex: damage to eggs, it doesn't mean the bird drops off dead! ].
However, there have not been enough studies done to establish the impact on human health.

Link to the study: https://ecfsapi.fcc.gov/file/7520958381.pdf

Impact on birds and bees: Of the non-human species, impacts on birds and bees appear to be relatively more evident. Exposure to EMR field is shown to evoke diverse responses varying from aversive behavioural responses to developmental anomalies and mortality in many of the studied groups of animals such as bees, amphibians, mammals and birds (Zach and Mayoh 1982; Zach and Mayoh 1982; Batellier et al. 2008; Nicholls and Racey 2007; Bergeron 2008; Copplestone et al. 2005; Sahib 2011). Honey bees appear to be very sensitive to EMF (Ho 2007; Sharma and Kumar 2010; Ho 2007)and their behavioural responses, if scientifically documented, could be used as an indicator of EMF pollution.

Impacts on other wildlife: Other wildlife such as amphibians and reptiles also appear to be at high risk with possible interference of EMF with metamorphosis and sex ratios where temperature dependent sex determination is operational.Several investigations into
7environmental effects of EM fields are covered in some of the unpublished / grey literature and impact assessments submitted to various regulatory government agencies (Bergeron 2008a; Bergeron 2008b; Cleveland, Fields, and Ulcek 1999; Copplestoneet al.2005; G. Kumar 2010; Hutteret al.2006). Such reports are either not in the public domain, or scattered and often difficult to access.

Impacts on Human: Since its inception, there have been concerns about the ill-effect of the mobile towers and mobile phones. Despite being a relatively newly acknowledged form of pollution, EMRs and their negative impacts on biological systems and environment have already been reported by several studies. However most of the available scientific literature on the negative environmental effects of electromagnetic fields reports the results of experimental and epidemiological studies examining the impact on various aspects of human health (Tanwar 2006; Savitz 2003; Preece et al.2007; Oberfeld et al.2004; Navarro et al.2003; Lönn et al.2005; Kundi and Hutter 2009; Hardell et al.2007; Kapdi, S. Hoskote and Joshi 2008; Hallberg and Johansson 2002).

The Govt even issued a circular warning impact on wildlife.
http://moef.gov.in/en/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/Advisory_Mobile-towers.pdf

Return to “Civil Construction”