Tiling or Waterproofing

Brinda

Tiling or Waterproofing

Post by Brinda »

Hello All,

On a newly built roof i do notice some cracks. Going ahead what are the best solutions. Is it better to tile the entire roof or do waterproofing ?

Thank you
Visualizer

Re: Tiling or Waterproofing

Post by Visualizer »

Get Asian paints terrace water proof elastomeric white paint done two coats will be enough.
it will also keep roof cool by reflecting sunlight and life is around 5.to 10 years

Tiles are heavy , costly and no guarantee of waterproofing as water seeps in from tile joints.
Brinda

Post by Brinda »

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Should I use either BASF Masterseal 551 or Fosrock Brushbond before water proofing ? Or is just using the Asian paint terrace water proofing paint sufficient ?

Is using one coat of Brushbond and then doing muddy / tiles a good option ?

Thank you
RashmiL

Post by RashmiL »

https://youtu.be/pMsd40PM_7w

If the cracks are wider, this is the procedure followed.
Visualizer

Post by Visualizer »

Brinda wrote:
July 2nd, 2021, 4:38 pm
Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Should I use either BASF Masterseal 551 or Fosrock Brushbond before water proofing ? Or is just using the Asian paint terrace water proofing paint sufficient ?

Is using one coat of Brushbond and then doing muddy / tiles a good option ?

Thank you
From your description it looks that screeding is alredy done and the cracks are on surface. This is due to surface expansion /contraction and elastomeric membrane i( EMB) s better as it allows for stretching.
Applying both Masterseal 551 and EMB woll unnecessary increase costs.

if you would have applied BASF Masterseal 551 or Fosrock Brushbond before screeding on concrete slab than you already have waterproofing below screeding and no need to apply again.

PS: Asian Paints has two materials one is dampproof whichbis like a primer before paint another is EMB. Ask for EMB to be applied on surface.

Return to “Civil Construction”