Pls suggest reliable/good labour contractor in south Bangalore

shree

Pls suggest reliable/good labour contractor in south Bangalore

Post by shree »

Hi,

I am looking to change my labour contractor. Please share if you know any reliable and good labour contractor. Currently, SSM work is in progress.I have lost my peace of mind in last 2 months at every stage. I will write about learnings so that it may help others after some time as I am deeply disturbed now :(.
We had chosen this Guy after 6 months of extensive search and feedback from owners. But, I had seen his project only towards the end and outcomes were good. But, now on close association, I am realising that he is good at hiding his mistakes. Also, earlier owners with whom I had a chat had no site inspection engineers/architects. So, they might have missed fine details.
Some random guy showed the mistakes in bar bending and it opened up Pandora's box. I was not inspecting structural work as I had site engineer assigned for it. But, now realised that he is a dumb guy and he has failed to do his job. I have temporarily halted the work to assess the damage and waiting for report from new structural engineer.
Planning to change labour contractor after plinth as I don't want to halt work at this juncture.

Site Location: Bannerghatta road

Thanks
Visualizer

Re: Pls suggest reliable/good labour contractor in south Bangalore

Post by Visualizer »

Humm I would say whoever you appoint next ensure that you personally visit site everyday or atleast alternative days during crucial phases. Keep site visit times random one hour spent a day is worth.
Try to procure as many things readymade.

Talk to structural engineers from whome you got the design done to do site inspection before concrete pouring for footings , beams slabs. Generally they sent a person who checks crucial points and tell corrections to contractor. Money spent here is well worth. You cut corners at other non essential portions if required.
shree

Post by shree »

Thanks visualizer for your kind words.infact I visit everyday,but I had not spent enough time learning structural aspects. Also, due to lockdown project got delayed and I had lost touch. Engineer who gave me plans was visiting himself,but he is chalta hai kind of guy and now he is claiming 1 inch drift is not an issue at all and stirrup binding issue needs no attention at all. I am repenting my decision of appointing him for site visit. got to know in last stage that he has procured structural plans from a different guy. Am doubting if he is really an engineer. He staged a huge drama at site when we highlighted his mistakes. His standard statement is like this is not software engineering field where small bug costs a bomb.
Am just wondering am I spending money just to meet these stupid/egoistic persons.
Raju091117

Post by Raju091117 »

Hi,

I can share my contractor details, pls drop a line to my mail id, muniab.raj@gmail.com with contact details we can connect.

Reagrds
MR.
shree wrote:
April 15th, 2021, 12:44 pm
Hi,

I am looking to change my labour contractor. Please share if you know any reliable and good labour contractor. Currently, SSM work is in progress.I have lost my peace of mind in last 2 months at every stage. I will write about learnings so that it may help others after some time as I am deeply disturbed now :(.
We had chosen this Guy after 6 months of extensive search and feedback from owners. But, I had seen his project only towards the end and outcomes were good. But, now on close association, I am realising that he is good at hiding his mistakes. Also, earlier owners with whom I had a chat had no site inspection engineers/architects. So, they might have missed fine details.
Some random guy showed the mistakes in bar bending and it opened up Pandora's box. I was not inspecting structural work as I had site engineer assigned for it. But, now realised that he is a dumb guy and he has failed to do his job. I have temporarily halted the work to assess the damage and waiting for report from new structural engineer.
Planning to change labour contractor after plinth as I don't want to halt work at this juncture.

Site Location: Bannerghatta road

Thanks

Return to “Civil Construction”