Fabrication costs

Brinda

Fabrication costs

Post by Brinda »

I have approached three to four fabricators for mu house. All of them are charging around Rs 150/ sqft for labour, materials and transport. Is this a reasonable price ?
Moreover are there ways I can reduce this by perhaps buying the material on my own etc.
Thanks would’ve thankful for any advice
ganeshncm

Re: Fabrication costs

Post by ganeshncm »

A lot depends on the intricacies of the fabrication. For example. If you are using laser cut sheets, then the cost would be somewhat higher. Also a lot depends on the gauge of the material.

If it is 16 gauge, and they are willing to provide you designs that you like, it seems like a good enough quote.

To reduce cost further, you can go with simple designs, which will save significant amount of labour. Please note that if you to bargain a lot, they will reduce the quality of the work or the quality of the material somewhere
Brinda

Post by Brinda »

Thank you for your inputs
sunil18vns

Post by sunil18vns »

I will say that you go for per kg of around Rs 80. Per sft price shud be around 125 psft. Talk to this guy, he did my work in whitefield house at Rs 80 per kg. Khan 097396 13281
Raju091117

Post by Raju091117 »

Hi sunil,

What brand material does he uses...? I am receiving quotes for higher rate per kg stating they will use jsw.
Visualizer

Post by Visualizer »

Well i got the fabrication done on labour rates as some projections were using fabricated steel, so purcahaed materials I don't think anyone uses JSW or Tata as they are simply not available in retail market many steel vendors told me only big industries get directly from JSW and they can try to procure as special order against 100% payment.

Labor rate agreed for welding was 45 rs per square feet however as with everything including labourers these guys have very low commitment and keep demanding money as and when they need instead of giving any measurements.
Taking the material they waste freely better to pay per kg rate and get it readymade from them. As normally the fabricated MS components don't have much load any MS steel tube/rod should be ok.
Brinda

Post by Brinda »

@Sunil , @ Visualizer thank you so much for the information.
ganeshncm

Post by ganeshncm »

Visualizer wrote:
April 16th, 2021, 9:58 am
Well i got the fabrication done on labour rates as some projections were using fabricated steel, so purcahaed materials I don't think anyone uses JSW or Tata as they are simply not available in retail market many steel vendors told me only big industries get directly from JSW and they can try to procure as special order against 100% payment.

Labor rate agreed for welding was 45 rs per square feet however as with everything including labourers these guys have very low commitment and keep demanding money as and when they need instead of giving any measurements.
Taking the material they waste freely better to pay per kg rate and get it readymade from them. As normally the fabricated MS components don't have much load any MS steel tube/rod should be ok.
Fabrication by KG also has its drawback. They unnecessarily use very heavy pipes/rods to increase the weight. A very heavy door/window isn't good, as it puts heavy load on the hinges and the frame, and can get dislodged very easily.

Fabrication by Sq feet including material is a loot. Profit margins are very over 200%, plus these guys take advance, close to 50%, and go away. If we do not know them well, they will take advance and run away, and we need to chase them for weeks together to get work done

Return to “Civil Construction”