Need Inputs to construct new house

deepakss83

Re: Need Inputs to construct new house

Post by deepakss83 »

ardesarchitects wrote:
March 30th, 2021, 1:55 pm
Hi Deepak,
Looking at your requirement i don't see any issues with respect to height of the building, in a 30x40 you can get approval for g+3 without any issues as long as you keep it with in two kitchens in the total floors together.
In your case as per bye law you won't get permission for multi kitchen in single floor.

This is to clarify to all, As per bye laws staircase head room, water tank, lift room, parapet are excluded for the purpose of measuring height . Below are the copy pasted rules from BBMP bye laws - 2003 as per link from official website
" https://bbmp.gov.in/documents/BBMP%20Building%20Bye-Laws%202003.pdf "
High rise definition is only G+4 & above means g+1+2+3 is not a high rise and don't need any NOC.

2.45 ‘height of building’ means the vertical distance measured, in the case of flat roofs from
the average level of the site to the top of the roof, and in the case of pitched roofs upto
the point where the external surface of the outer wall intersects a finished surface of the
sloping roof, and in the case of gable facing the street, the mid point between the eavelevel and the ridge. Architectural features, serving no other function except that of
decoration shall be excluded for the purpose of measuring height. Water tank, chimneys,
lift room, stair case room, and parapet are also excluded for the purpose of measuring
height.

2.46 ‘high-rise building’ means a building with ground floor plus four or more floors above
the ground floor

Note :-All above suggestions are purely my personal understandings, Pls do your market research before finalising with anything.

Regards,
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
www.ardesarchitects.com
https://www.instagram.com/ardesarchitects
Hi Praveen,

Thanks for detailed explanation . So as i understand from your description is that G+3 floors are allowed but with single kitchen in each floor. That means i can construct only four houses in G+3 building irrespective of number of BHK's.
In that case no point in constructing 3 floors. Then its surprising that almost 70% of buildings in Bangalore are violated the norms.
But its individuals decisions and should be ready to take risk.
Thanks for your suggestions.
deepakss83

Post by deepakss83 »

Visualizer wrote:
March 30th, 2021, 9:29 am
Lets say your road facing side is 30 feet and length is 40 feet than for approval you should leave atleast 4.8 feet ( 12% in front) in any case.
Innova is 6 feet wide and 15.4 feet long so you need 8 x 18 to park one vehicle comfortably.
If you plan to leave front unobstructed setback of 8-10 feet you can parallel park 2 vehicles
and if you can leave 20 feet of full frontage you can comfortably park three four wheelers + couple of 2 wheelers. Your sump tank, seweage chambers and RWH pit ( mandatory for cauvery approval now) will be in floor of same space.

Trick is to have this properly planned while getting structure design and cast the pillars accordingly.
Also use inverted beams on ground floor ( aligning with walls on 1st floor so that you can minimize the ceiling height of GF to meet the building height guidelines.
RashmiL wrote:
March 30th, 2021, 8:13 am
deepakss83 wrote:
March 28th, 2021, 11:32 pm
HI Rashmi.

Thanks for you suggestions.
Definitely i l think on considering of 2bhk on ground floor if its possible to park 2cars along with it
Even if you plan to use entire ground floor for parking, what is the road width available for entrance assuming stair case and pillars are going to reduce space.

A car parked at end is always pain as you always need to ask the car owner parked in front to remove. This is a frustrating exercise and ultimately he will start parking in street for convenience. A full 30 x 40 site can never be used efficiently for parking for same reason.

We have west phase site and are building 2bhk house in ground floor with utility space and yet we can park one innova and Honda city car.The trick is removing puja room leaves lot of space which will give comfortable house for living. We plan to provide small wooden puja cubbord as a alternate. I will check with my engineer and will share the ground floor plan with you if he agrees.you can check it out.
Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions regarding structure design. Could you please provide me more details on these.

I have west facing 30x40 site with 30 ft road and its dead end.
Visualizer

Post by Visualizer »

I can't provide details on structure design on internet as such that you need to get from structural engineer from whome you will get the drawings done.
You can give him guidelines on putting pillars such that they don't obstruct parking.

I would suggest get the soil bearing test done as well at 3 points in your site apread across the plot it just costs approximately 10-12 K rupees but will save lots of headach later.
deepakss83

Post by deepakss83 »

RashmiL wrote:
March 30th, 2021, 8:13 am
deepakss83 wrote:
March 28th, 2021, 11:32 pm
HI Rashmi.
Is it possible to share the plan as you had mentioned before.It would be helpful, as my site is also west facing.

Thanks & Regards,
Deepak Shimpi

Thanks for you suggestions.
Definitely i l think on considering of 2bhk on ground floor if its possible to park 2cars along with it
Even if you plan to use entire ground floor for parking, what is the road width available for entrance assuming stair case and pillars are going to reduce space.

A car parked at end is always pain as you always need to ask the car owner parked in front to remove. This is a frustrating exercise and ultimately he will start parking in street for convenience. A full 30 x 40 site can never be used efficiently for parking for same reason.

We have west phase site and are building 2bhk house in ground floor with utility space and yet we can park one innova and Honda city car.The trick is removing puja room leaves lot of space which will give comfortable house for living. We plan to provide small wooden puja cubbord as a alternate. I will check with my engineer and will share the ground floor plan with you if he agrees.you can check it out.
deepakss83

Post by deepakss83 »

Hello All,

If any one can share the plan or design of my requirement it would be great help.
Planning to construct house for rent -
1. 2BHK or 1 BHK on ground floor
2. 3 1BHK or One 1BHK & one 2BHK house on First floor.
deepakss83

Post by deepakss83 »

Hello Friends,

I am looking for some good and genuine builders to construct house. Please suggest if you know anyone.

Initially i need the exact quotation(if not at least some actual quote as per today's rate) for the work in detail. May be both labour any full contract.

Guys please let me know if you have any contacts.
sunil18vns

Post by sunil18vns »

I am working in a bank and have built g plus 3 building at Whitefield from a very good contractor, finished with superior quality within 6 months. Few from this group is already using him n doing good work. You can read my house construction post in this website. Email me so that i can share contact
deepakss83

Post by deepakss83 »

deepakss83 wrote:
March 24th, 2021, 1:52 pm
Hello Everyone,

I am planning to start construction of house which has dimension of 30*40, WEST facing site.

My Initial requirement is some thing as mentioned below:-
1. Ground floor - Kitchen with Room (for single person)
2. 1st floor 2 BHK (Self occupied)
3. 2nd Floor Two houses of 1 BHK for RENT
4. 3rd Floor based on budget another Two houses of 1 BHK for RENT

And my queries are as below:-
1. I would like to know what is the allowed number of floors for 30x40 dimension site?
2. Steps or approvals required before start of the construction.
3. How to choose good contractor.whether to choose contract base or labour contract.(I will not be able to do
purchasing as i dont have knowledge and spend enough time on it)
4.Estimation or Quotation for the said plan( Please let me know if there are any better idea or plan ).
5. Any reliable contacts of contractors,Architects (does architect really required for constructing house for rents)

I know my queries are broad, but it would be great help if i get any guidance or inputs ,contacts in this regards would be much appreciable.

Thanks & Regards
Deepak
Hello Friends,

Could anyone share the floor plan of west facing 30*40 site(only for reference).
Just to get some idea in what all way we can construct 2bhk ,1bhk houses.
RashmiL

Post by RashmiL »

deepakss83 wrote:
April 8th, 2021, 5:47 pm
Hello Friends,

I am looking for some good and genuine builders to construct house. Please suggest if you know anyone.

Initially i need the exact quotation(if not at least some actual quote as per today's rate) for the work in detail. May be both labour any full contract.

Our Labour contract rates for reference

28k per chadra including RCC sump of 18k liters.
8 inch concrete block construction
Includes window sajja
Calculated based on slab to slab.

Excludes
Earthworks
Elevation, compound and drainage.

If we had gone for 6 inch bricks , our mestri was ready for 27k per Chandra.
deepakss83

Post by deepakss83 »

RashmiL wrote:
April 25th, 2021, 9:30 am
deepakss83 wrote:
April 8th, 2021, 5:47 pm
Hello Friends,

Our Labour contract rates for reference

28k per chadra including RCC sump of 18k liters.
8 inch concrete block construction
Includes window sajja
Calculated based on slab to slab.

Excludes
Earthworks
Elevation, compound and drainage.

If we had gone for 6 inch bricks , our mestri was ready for 27k per Chandra.
Hello Rashmi,

Thanks for the info.
Any idea about full contract and any sample quotes if have got from any contractor.

Return to “Civil Construction”