Need Inputs to construct new house

deepakss83

Need Inputs to construct new house

Post by deepakss83 »

Hello Everyone,

I am planning to start construction of house which has dimension of 30*40, WEST facing site.

My Initial requirement is some thing as mentioned below:-
1. Ground floor - Kitchen with Room (for single person)
2. 1st floor 2 BHK (Self occupied)
3. 2nd Floor Two houses of 1 BHK for RENT
4. 3rd Floor based on budget another Two houses of 1 BHK for RENT

And my queries are as below:-
1. I would like to know what is the allowed number of floors for 30x40 dimension site?
2. Steps or approvals required before start of the construction.
3. How to choose good contractor.whether to choose contract base or labour contract.(I will not be able to do
purchasing as i dont have knowledge and spend enough time on it)
4.Estimation or Quotation for the said plan( Please let me know if there are any better idea or plan ).
5. Any reliable contacts of contractors,Architects (does architect really required for constructing house for rents)

I know my queries are broad, but it would be great help if i get any guidance or inputs ,contacts in this regards would be much appreciable.

Thanks & Regards
Deepak
RashmiL

Re: Need Inputs to construct new house

Post by RashmiL »

In my opinion,

1) Utilize ground floor for rent. You can easily build 2bhk house spacious (if you forego puja room) and give it for handsome rent. And still you shall be able to park two big cars.
2) As per bbmp any building above 49.2 feet or 15 meters is considered as high rise building. You might have to get NOC to get electricity. Yes you can go for G+3 floor provided you keep building height within above specified limits.
3) Labour contract is best. But it's tiresome work. The brickwork guys, msand guys all will call you early morning. You have to run to nearest weightment center , get it weighed and then make payments. Yet net output will always be better than a material contract. Material contract always is painful as price escalation always forces contractor to go for lower quality items. It's a trade off . Many of my friends literally ended doing micro managing and have decided never to go for material contract . Choice is yours.
4) Architects are not needed for rented house. A good engineer is enough.
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

G + 3 Floors officially allowed considering the necessary Road width.

we are not sure, what is your parking area requirement, In a 30 X 40 site, you can make provision for 2 car Parking and a spacious 1 BHK house, or a mid sized 2 BHK house or a descent 1 BHK House and more parking area including few number of 2 wheelers.

Going for 3rd floor only for the Rental Purpose need to be decided judiciously as it's not much worth, unless its a commercial & very demanding job centered areas or you must be ready to give it for bachelors/students. In my area (West part of Bangalore), I'm seeing plenty of houses are empty since last 2 years(Especially worst scenario after Corona Lockdown) and if any tenant vacates 3rd Floor house, getting a replacement is very difficult & time consuming. Most of the new constructions coming up after demolishing the old houses in our area comes up with 3 to 5 floors keeping rental income as the main criteria. But they're unable to attract the Tenants.
deepakss83

Post by deepakss83 »

msn1270 wrote:
March 26th, 2021, 5:13 pm
G + 3 Floors officially allowed considering the necessary Road width.

we are not sure, what is your parking area requirement, In a 30 X 40 site, you can make provision for 2 car Parking and a spacious 1 BHK house, or a mid sized 2 BHK house or a descent 1 BHK House and more parking area including few number of 2 wheelers.

Going for 3rd floor only for the Rental Purpose need to be decided judiciously as it's not much worth, unless its a commercial & very demanding job centered areas or you must be ready to give it for bachelors/students. In my area (West part of Bangalore), I'm seeing plenty of houses are empty since last 2 years(Especially worst scenario after Corona Lockdown) and if any tenant vacates 3rd Floor house, getting a replacement is very difficult & time consuming. Most of the new constructions coming up after demolishing the old houses in our area comes up with 3 to 5 floors keeping rental income as the main criteria. But they're unable to attract the Tenants.
Hi ,
Thanks for the valuable inputs.
My Idea of construction of this house is purely for rent purpose after3-5 years. Only for few years i would to like to stay here,so parking i would like to go for one CAr Parking with few two wheelers.
As you said i had the same concern wheteher to go for 3rd floor for rent because construction cost for one floor min would 15lks and current demand in that area is not too high hRDLY FOR 1 one bhk i might get 5k month.
Thanks for you input,
deepakss83

Post by deepakss83 »

HI Rashmi.

Thanks for you suggestions.
Definitely i l think on considering of 2bhk on ground floor if its possible to park 2cars along with it.
However i would like to go for labour contract but i know its not possible for me now ,but i will check on this point.

Thanks once again please share any valuable links if you find.
Visualizer

Post by Visualizer »

I would say go for one car park for each rental unit you want to build. The logic is simple people taking 1BHK or 2BHK on good rent are likely to have a car and people are willing to pay more rent for flats in buildings instead of portion at the top floor of independent house due to availability of lift, parking and electrical backup.

Suppose if rent is just 5K in your area as you have written there is no point in investing the money on extra floor. One floor will cost you approx 20 lakhs ( appropriating and distributing foundation costs , electrical , plumbing , painting equally to each floor)
Lowest bank interest rate of 3.5% will give you 70K which is higher than your rental income without any hassle and money spent on maintenance.

Secondly in a 30x40 site maximum height is 11.5 meters or 37.5 feet ( irrespective of road width) including everything such as water tank and the staircase headroom legally, mostly people keep water tank at height taking the leeway of 5% deviation. for 40X60 site the height can go little above 37.5 depending on the width of approach road but in this case the building becomes high rise and you need to get various NOCs etc.
So any ground + 3 built on 30x40 is not as per approved plan.
RashmiL

Post by RashmiL »

deepakss83 wrote:
March 28th, 2021, 11:32 pm
HI Rashmi.

Definitely i l think on considering of 2bhk on ground floor if its possible to park 2cars along with it
Even if you plan to use entire ground floor for parking, what is the road width available for entrance assuming stair case and pillars are going to reduce space.

A car parked at end is always pain as you always need to ask the car owner parked in front to remove. This is a frustrating exercise and ultimately he will start parking in street for convenience. A full 30 x 40 site can never be used efficiently for parking for same reason.

We have west phase site and are building 2bhk house in ground floor with utility space and yet we can park one innova and Honda city car.The trick is removing puja room leaves lot of space which will give comfortable house for living. We plan to provide small wooden puja cubbord as a alternate. I will check with my engineer and will share the ground floor plan with you if he agrees.you can check it out.
Visualizer

Post by Visualizer »

Lets say your road facing side is 30 feet and length is 40 feet than for approval you should leave atleast 4.8 feet ( 12% in front) in any case.
Innova is 6 feet wide and 15.4 feet long so you need 8 x 18 to park one vehicle comfortably.
If you plan to leave front unobstructed setback of 8-10 feet you can parallel park 2 vehicles
and if you can leave 20 feet of full frontage you can comfortably park three four wheelers + couple of 2 wheelers. Your sump tank, seweage chambers and RWH pit ( mandatory for cauvery approval now) will be in floor of same space.

Trick is to have this properly planned while getting structure design and cast the pillars accordingly.
Also use inverted beams on ground floor ( aligning with walls on 1st floor so that you can minimize the ceiling height of GF to meet the building height guidelines.
RashmiL wrote:
March 30th, 2021, 8:13 am
deepakss83 wrote:
HI Rashmi.

Definitely i l think on considering of 2bhk on ground floor if its possible to park 2cars along with it
Even if you plan to use entire ground floor for parking, what is the road width available for entrance assuming stair case and pillars are going to reduce space.

A car parked at end is always pain as you always need to ask the car owner parked in front to remove. This is a frustrating exercise and ultimately he will start parking in street for convenience. A full 30 x 40 site can never be used efficiently for parking for same reason.

We have west phase site and are building 2bhk house in ground floor with utility space and yet we can park one innova and Honda city car.The trick is removing puja room leaves lot of space which will give comfortable house for living. We plan to provide small wooden puja cubbord as a alternate. I will check with my engineer and will share the ground floor plan with you if he agrees.you can check it out.
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi Deepak,
Looking at your requirement i don't see any issues with respect to height of the building, in a 30x40 you can get approval for g+3 without any issues as long as you keep it with in two kitchens in the total floors together.
In your case as per bye law you won't get permission for multi kitchen in single floor.

This is to clarify to all, As per bye laws staircase head room, water tank, lift room, parapet are excluded for the purpose of measuring height . Below are the copy pasted rules from BBMP bye laws - 2003 as per link from official website
" https://bbmp.gov.in/documents/BBMP%20Building%20Bye-Laws%202003.pdf "
High rise definition is only G+4 & above means g+1+2+3 is not a high rise and don't need any NOC.

2.45 ‘height of building’ means the vertical distance measured, in the case of flat roofs from
the average level of the site to the top of the roof, and in the case of pitched roofs upto
the point where the external surface of the outer wall intersects a finished surface of the
sloping roof, and in the case of gable facing the street, the mid point between the eavelevel and the ridge. Architectural features, serving no other function except that of
decoration shall be excluded for the purpose of measuring height. Water tank, chimneys,
lift room, stair case room, and parapet are also excluded for the purpose of measuring
height.

2.46 ‘high-rise building’ means a building with ground floor plus four or more floors above
the ground floor

Note :-All above suggestions are purely my personal understandings, Pls do your market research before finalising with anything.

Regards,
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
www.ardesarchitects.com
https://www.instagram.com/ardesarchitects
deepakss83

Post by deepakss83 »

RashmiL wrote:
March 30th, 2021, 8:13 am
deepakss83 wrote:
HI Rashmi.

Hi Rashmi,

It would be great help. Really appreciate the kind of suggestions and details you have provided here.
Looking forward to discuss more.
Thanks once again.

Return to “Civil Construction”