Need Inputs to construct new house

deepakss83

Re: Need Inputs to construct new house

Post by deepakss83 »

Hello Friends,

Is it mandatory that to get kaveri water connection we should not have bore well connection at our house. This i heard recently from the owner who is constructing the house.

Anybody aware of this in this forum and came across this situation.
deepakss83

Post by deepakss83 »

deepakss83 wrote:
September 14th, 2021, 5:33 pm
Hello Friends,

I need your inputs regarding material contract quotation which i have attached here.This is the overall draft quotation given for G+1 building construction.

Please let me know whether this covers all the points . Please feedback me your valuable inputs.
Hello Friends,

Any input on the estimation attached here. Is this detailed enough ?? Please suggest i need to finalise the quote and make an agreement with contractor.
rjblr

Post by rjblr »

Hi Deepak,
i honestly feel it is almost impossible to tie the details in a fixed price contract. There will be many more variables beyond what's there in the document. You can search the forum to search for details on different aspects of the building. Like Visualizer had a post on scoping out bathroom work.
You may want to visit the shop and check our the material that you will get in the price mentioned. That will ensure that you start with right set of assumptions and fewer surprises at later stages. Like you may want to check 40/sft tile will meet your need. And take the call, if you would like to insist the builder to increase the rate that can be covered under the contract. This is just an example. You can do the same on other components as well.

Problem is no detail will be complete enough to get you to reasonable agreement without ay disappointment. I went with that assumption and planned a buffer budget to take care of those instances.
I think someone on this forum mentioned that the individual executing the contract is more important than the contract itself. And I completely agree with that.
deepakss83

Post by deepakss83 »

rjblr wrote:
October 6th, 2021, 7:06 pm
Hi Deepak,
i honestly feel it is almost impossible to tie the details in a fixed price contract. There will be many more variables beyond what's there in the document. You can search the forum to search for details on different aspects of the building. Like Visualizer had a post on scoping out bathroom work.
You may want to visit the shop and check our the material that you will get in the price mentioned. That will ensure that you start with right set of assumptions and fewer surprises at later stages. Like you may want to check 40/sft tile will meet your need. And take the call, if you would like to insist the builder to increase the rate that can be covered under the contract. This is just an example. You can do the same on other components as well.

Problem is no detail will be complete enough to get you to reasonable agreement without ay disappointment. I went with that assumption and planned a buffer budget to take care of those instances.
I think someone on this forum mentioned that the individual executing the contract is more important than the contract itself. And I completely agree with that.
Hi Rjblr,

Thanks for your input.

I agree with the points which you had mentioned and its impossible to get perfect or detailed estimation. I was looking for some directions or pointers how to verify or what all basic or important to be checked in the contract before we finalise.

Sure i will go through the post in this forum also appreciate any more feedback or points regarding this.
deepakss83

Post by deepakss83 »

Hello Friends,

We are planning to start construction from next month and in the process of finalising the labour contract. I got quote from 2-3 contractors quoting from 32000/Chadara to 30000/Chadara. This does not include Sump,Compound wall, Parphet wall, Drainage,earth works. I would like to know from you all whether this quotes are reasonable or at very higher side. Some of the posts in this forum says they given it for 28k- 29, so the quote which i received looks higher side but mestri says they this price was old and now the price are increased after deepavali.
Please provide your feedback also appreciate if you cloud share some reliable/ economical and good labour contractor details. My construction site is near M S Palya (Vidyaranyapura )

Please let me know any contacts or your feedback on the above said price.
RashmiL

Post by RashmiL »

Recently our mestri agreed for 30k for another construction including sump.compond wall, paraphet and earthworks were always extra.30k is normal considering the labour prices.
Sandeepk09

Post by Sandeepk09 »

deepakss83,
You are on right track, many people have given there valuable feedback. Thanks to all. Again Deepak I would suggest get the requirements right along with vastu tips.
Ideally as people mentioned they construction done by ourself is best way to get the building on right shape. But cumbersome is getting everything straight at same time and organising thing like material and labourers are quite tedious job. If you are under lockdown WFH then please plan but you should keep yourself ready for atleast 3-4hours day time for site visit as work might not progress if you aren't around the constitution site. Mostly people get frustrated in middle of construction due to labour or material coming on site. I have seen many people getting High blood pressure.
Second option is giving for a contractor who can manage.but even some cases given to contractor also get delayed.
Third option is to drop the construction the house.
This is solely my personal opinion, second option of giving one is best. But choose wisely what you need and worry less.

Regards,
Sandeep
xxxxxxxxxxxx
deepakss83

Post by deepakss83 »

Hi Friends,

After long struggle and challenges we have reached the first slab of our house. Its planned next week.

I would need your inputs and guidance for the slab preparation and what are the precautions to be taken during this important stage.
Also it would be helpful if any could share any contacts and suggestions of purchasing wood, granite , electrical etc.

I would also like to share the experience and lesson learnt till this stage, only thing i am not getting time these days and forgot my password , sure i will share the important points.
sunil18vns

Post by sunil18vns »

I am doing house construction at 270 rs including sump. Compound wal is extra by RFT. Geneuine guy and does work on time, he is from Bihar. DM for his contact n you can check out his old projects
catchmesachin

Post by catchmesachin »

For wood purchase you can go to Harsha Timbers in Mysore Road Behind satelite bus stand. U can meet the owner directly Mr Umakanth. He is a very knowledgeable person when it comes to wood and suggests you the rite wood for your budget.

Return to “Civil Construction”