Building our dream house

catchmesachin

Re: Building our dream house

Post by catchmesachin »

23. If you are giving on labour contract then better to buy steel and cement without bill. Birla Super with bill costs Rs.430 per bag and Rs.400 without bill. Meenakshi TMT costs Rs.60k with bill and Rs.57.5 without bill. For steel weighing use calculators which is available online and you can calculate yourself with the number of bunldes and dimensions of rods. Its better to visit the steel shops if are buying steel for weighing or you can use these calculators to help in weighing.
catchmesachin

Post by catchmesachin »

24. Always use good quality blocks and not the standard blocks which is available in market. I am currently using Panchami blocks who is a big supplier in North Bangalore. 6 inch blocks costs Rs.42 and 4 inch Rs.32 and their blocks is better than APCO and the blocks are very very hard with perfect shape and edges.

In case anyone is looking for a home loan u can call me on 9600490145 as i work in a home loan cell of bank of baroda.
kk55340

Post by kk55340 »

Hi Rashmi .
Can you please upload images of current construction sttaus, what would be the cost to construct ground floor basic construction on a 1200 sqft site, did you face any issues from bbmp so far for verification or bribes
kk55340

Post by kk55340 »

Catchmesachin can also pitch in for costing, am planning to start labour construction this time of nstead of full contract to save on money guidance would be highly appreciated thoguh my next construction start is couple of qieters away still all details wud help me
RashmiL

Post by RashmiL »

kk55340 wrote:
September 11th, 2021, 9:17 am
Hi Rashmi .
Can you please upload images of current construction sttaus, what would be the cost to construct ground floor basic construction on a 1200 sqft site, did you face any issues from bbmp so far for verification or bribes
Will do. We are now in 3rd floor (ground , 1st and 2nd). 3rd floor slab is coming next week. Our estimate is it will take 30 lakhs for the bare structure for 4 floors in 30 x 40 site. This is just for bare structure alone.i will upload photos and other details tomorrow.

Below is the price structure till date as shown in picture.
RashmiL

Post by RashmiL »

Total price structure till date. Surprise thing is the cost of the bricks. It will not cost more than 2.5 lakhs even with premium 8 inch cement bricks for 4000 sq ft built area house.
Attachments
Screenshot_2021-09-11-22-49-56-792_com.amitm29.am.dailyexpensesmanager.jpg
RashmiL

Post by RashmiL »

I want to add house photos. But this site has file size restrictions and reducing the size then uploading images becomes tedious. So I stopped uploading pics.
Attachments
IMG_20210911_225020.jpg
RashmiL

Post by RashmiL »

Bricks, stones and msand and even cement are not the costliest items we put in our house. It's actually wood(interiors) , tiles and granites and labour . Most people try to save cost on items like bricks and then pay a bomb for marble floor. Off course everyone have their own priorities. We have prioritised strength and durability of house than looks.. so we have not compromised in materials and went for best till date. Anyways I will update the thread as and when we complete certain stages.
kk55340

Post by kk55340 »

thanks for quick reply and sending the details, couple of months ago i bought a property in BSK 3rd stage arehalli, as of now have plans for one rental unit in ground floor and a duplex in first floor i.e. First floor hall kitchen bedroom and 2 bed room on second floor. This is the plan but entirely depends on financials at that point of time may even settle with two bhk at ground floor and make provision to build duplex on top when financially viable. just collating information needed.

What is the exactly available space in 1200 sqft site to build as per byelaws?
can we have staircase in setback
RashmiL

Post by RashmiL »

kk55340 wrote:
September 11th, 2021, 11:13 pm
thanks for quick reply and sending the details, couple of months ago i bought a property in BSK 3rd stage arehalli, as of now have plans for one rental unit in ground floor and a duplex in first floor i.e. First floor hall kitchen bedroom and 2 bed room on second floor. This is the plan but entirely depends on financials at that point of time may even settle with two bhk at ground floor and make provision to build duplex on top when financially viable. just collating information needed.

What is the exactly available space in 1200 sqft site to build as per byelaws?
can we have staircase in setback
Honestly I am not the right person on bylaws.only advice is make plan for complete building(max floors 3or 4) and build whatever your capacity for now. Tomorrow if you get money you can build or else you will repent it.planning here means strengthening foundation and pillars for future needs

Return to “Civil Construction”