Building our dream house

Visualizer

Re: Building our dream house

Post by Visualizer »

Creating thread and posting pics is on card but not getting time.
Solar power is on the cards and will do in next phase.

Strange kind of lethargy and procrastination is set in me once we moved in to new place. All my emergies and spare time got diverted to developing garden and taking care of greenery.
As of now we haven't even put geysers and this month going for solar water heater with 2 plates and a heatpump
manomur

Post by manomur »

Visualizer wrote:
August 18th, 2022, 12:31 am
Sorry to hijack Rashmi's thread , I purchased tiles from many sources and would recommend following two.
1. Kajaria tiles for very large firmat premium tiles liek 4'x6' or even bigger and parking tilea. Everyone pits Kajaria board on shop but very few stock so try their experience centre at Lalbag road and get dealer contact.

2. Mytiles.com the showroom is in Kalkare for all sorts of imported and Indian tiles this is best source Visit them with ample time like a day or so.

3. Hexagonal tiles of 12"x12" and also terrace heat protection tiles.
HR Jhonson showroom is at raja rammohan roy road nesr Kanteerva stadium
However this is very old company with traditional designs reminding of childhood on 80s so wont recommend kitchen and bathroom tiles from them.

PS: I moved in the house in may thought of writing about experince but then its too much of effort I have penned by experience i posts on Rashmi and others thread so will continue like that.
Hi Visualizer,
Could you please share the pics of your complete home.
manomur

Post by manomur »

Hi Rashmil,
What's the progress with your dream house, seems you might be completed with construction or nearing to completion. It would be helpful if you share the updates wrt flooring, bathroom fittings, electricals, SS railings and painting...
Vinay_N

Post by Vinay_N »

Yes.. suggestions and advice on this will be really helpful..
Vinay_N

Post by Vinay_N »

Can anyone suggest on where to source sanitary ware , bathroom fittings, bathroom and kitchen tiles?
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

Vinay

It depends on multiple factors like your area of construction, volume of your items, dealer with wider options in terms of Brands, Price Range, Transportation distance, pricing etc.

If you go for a company run showrooms for Branded ones, you don't even have any choice to bargain other than what they quote.
Vinay_N

Post by Vinay_N »

I am using honne wood for frames and windows..should I get the exterior painted and the interior polished?
kk55340

Post by kk55340 »

Hi vinay,

One of contractor said wooden window vs upvc cost is same , is it true ? What is wooden window cost psqft
kk55340

Post by kk55340 »

Hi Rashmi

Could you please share electrical contractors number please
kk55340

Post by kk55340 »

HI Rashmi

can you pm me the electrical contractor number please

Return to “Civil Construction”