Building our dream house

RashmiL

Re: Building our dream house

Post by RashmiL »

rjblr wrote:
March 2nd, 2021, 8:26 am
Hi RashmiL,
Are you going for labour contract or full material contract?
If its full material contract then does the contractor give you such flexibility while the project is on?

Thanks,
RJ
We have gone with labour contract. Actually labour contract does not save any money. It only ensures better quality.
RashmiL

Post by RashmiL »

saran88 wrote:
March 2nd, 2021, 8:11 am
Double wash 10W - 1060, 6W - 1100 includes Transport, GST, Permit cost. You can negotiate with them on price and GST part.
RashmiL wrote:
March 2nd, 2021, 12:25 am
What's the price of stonasand per ton ?
If price is 1060 then my suggestion is go for besto(1100 rs) . Generally water washed sand will be ton or 2 heavier which adds up to your cost. Besto is air purified.
saran88

Post by saran88 »

As 10wheeler can't come in my street, I couldn't buy branded one. At present I'm purchasing from a trader in 6W. MSand Double wash costs 1100 and 20mm aggregate costs 800 per ton.
RashmiL wrote:
March 2nd, 2021, 11:09 am
saran88 wrote:
March 2nd, 2021, 8:11 am
Double wash 10W - 1060, 6W - 1100 includes Transport, GST, Permit cost. You can negotiate with them on price and GST part.
RashmiL wrote:
March 2nd, 2021, 12:25 am
What's the price of stonasand per ton ?
If price is 1060 then my suggestion is go for besto(1100 rs) . Generally water washed sand will be ton or 2 heavier which adds up to your cost. Besto is air purified.
RashmiL

Post by RashmiL »

Started with shed construction for our house. The shed is two rooms one for keeping cement and other materials and another for family to stay in. The family (husband and wife) will stay there look after materials and do 3 times curing in a day till house construction is completed. We have agreed to pay 4000 rs per month for the same.

For shed we have taken apco blocks only as we plan to reuse them for compound and paraphet in the end. So we rented 8 , 10 feet used sheets from our relative. Additionally we needed 2 doors with waskal. We could only get 1. Rest we checked with shops who keep used windows and doors. They quoted 3k per door. So still thinking to buy it or bring plain plywood sheet and put Patti and screw it. Attaching the picture of the shed still under construction.

Not able to upload picture as it's too big file(I changed camera settings for low resolution, still it's not working)
ramki067

Post by ramki067 »

RashmiL wrote:
March 4th, 2021, 1:19 pm
Started with shed construction for our house. The shed is two rooms one for keeping cement and other materials and another for family to stay in. The family (husband and wife) will stay there look after materials and do 3 times curing in a day till house construction is completed. We have agreed to pay 4000 rs per month for the same.

For shed we have taken apco blocks only as we plan to reuse them for compound and paraphet in the end. So we rented 8 , 10 feet used sheets from our relative. Additionally we needed 2 doors with waskal. We could only get 1. Rest we checked with shops who keep used windows and doors. They quoted 3k per door. So still thinking to buy it or bring plain plywood sheet and put Patti and screw it. Attaching the picture of the shed still under construction.

Not able to upload picture as it's too big file(I changed camera settings for low resolution, still it's not working)
You can use mspaint resize option to reduce the size of the file.
RashmiL

Post by RashmiL »

Thanks ramki. Had to resize the photo to attach it.
Attachments
IMG_20210304_144226.jpg
RashmiL

Post by RashmiL »

So for shed construction approx requirement was

1) 500 bricks (this varies from size of the shed and no of partitions.)
2) 5-6 cement bags (sheds are constructed with low cement content purposely to help it dismantle after completion of construction
3) 8 cement sheets (for mould) . 10 feet new sheet is 600 rs and used one is 400 rs. 8 feet new sheet is 500 rs and used one is 350 rs.we had asked our relatives to give us for our construction.a small penny saved.
4) 2 wascals(door frame ) with door. Used waskals cost up to 3 k. Alternative is use plywood sheet and screw with Patti for frame . Will post the photo as we do it.
5) 1 tractor load msand.
RashmiL

Post by RashmiL »

The temporary shed is over.Here are the Materials required and cost incurred.

Length : 20 feet length × 9 feet width × 7 feet height
Portions : 2 rooms ( 1 for material and 1 for labourers )
Cement : 7 bags 2.8k
Msand : 1.5 tractor load (875 per tonne 4k)
Days required : 4
Labourers : 1 mestri + 1 male and 1 female helpers
Labour cost : 1150 × 4 + 650 × 4 + 450 × 4 = 9k
Bricks : 450 6" Apco blocks 22.5k including transport
Doors : 2 doors ( market cost 4k)
Cement sheets : 10 feet 8 sheets (used one market cost 2.4k )
Sarve hagga : 1 bundle 500 rs (though shall be used throughout construction )
Misc cost 500 rs
2 iron rods for sheet support (rented from.relative )

Total cost 46-47k

We will reuse the blocks for compound. Hence opted for new one. You can also get old blocks for lower cost
Attachments
IMG_20210306_183134.jpg
RashmiL

Post by RashmiL »

Other important info

1) We have given labour contract for 28.5K per chadra which includes 15k RCC sump, bar bending and centring. Contractor was ready to do the project for 27k per chadra if it was 6" cement block but we insisted on 8" and hence we could not reduce it further.His explanation was to carry 8" bricks male labourers are required which would increase the cost. All other things such as compound, drainage and paraphet wall is calculated based on coolie. However after seeing shed construction we decided not to go for coolie.he had brought a female worker for shed construction who hardly worked.we will also bring other things under chadra calculations to avoid this.he has also agreed to this. However since compound and paraphet don't have slab we are planning to ask half chadra rate which is yet to be agreed upon.

2) Temporary electrical connection for 2kv for 28 days cycle was charged 19k. We have talked to electrician and he has quoted 2k per chadra cost which we feel is high. Other quoted 2.5k to 3k which is a ripp off in our opinion.we would probably settle to 1.7k per chadra.

3) Apco blocks is superb in quality. We are extremely impressed. A very important point is Apco blocks also sell cut blocks which avoids breaking of large bricks while fitting it into walls. Order at least 100 cut blocks . Believe me, you will appreciate it.

4) we have negotiated JCB work and are starting earth work for 7.5 rs per sq ft which includes digging using JCB, flattening (matta ) by labourers, carrying mud into tractor onto adjacent vacant site. You need to know JCB rates and negotiate hard. If possible try finding out JCB owners in near by place. There are lot of people who rent JCB and do work. They are generally costly.

5) Generally if you are building shed for labourers you also need to build a toilet. We somehow managed it from near construction site. But do note it will increase cost if you plan to build. We are giving 4k per month and labourers will do curing 3-4 times a day along with looking after materials and site.
ramki067

Post by ramki067 »

RashmiL wrote:
March 7th, 2021, 1:27 pm
Other important info

1) We have given labour contract for 28.5K per chadra which includes 15k RCC sump, bar bending and centring. Contractor was ready to do the project for 27k per chadra if it was 6" cement block but we insisted on 8" and hence we could not reduce it further.His explanation was to carry 8" bricks male labourers are required which would increase the cost. All other things such as compound, drainage and paraphet wall is calculated based on coolie.
Hi Rashmi,
If yours is a south facing plot, could you share the home plan via PM to me?
Also, plz share your contractor details via PM. I"m planning to start construction of my home.

Thanks,
Ramki

Return to “Civil Construction”