Building our dream house

syedk75

Re: Building our dream house

Post by syedk75 »

Hello Rashmi

Thanks for all the details you have been providing on this thread, and appreciate your effort in doing so.

I am in the process of planning the construction of a farm house, and have been doing research from past few days. As most of the folks on this forum, I also like to know things before I use/get them.

Relating to the windows, I have decide to go with UPVC windows. But is not sure, If I need to have a grill with it or not. Was thinking if 2 layer toughen glass can provide the needed security. Can you please share your thoughts on the Grill usage and its placement. I do see there are UPVC windows which come with an inbuilt grill as well. But knowing the way rates are put/charged, having an external grill may turn out cheaper. Also, with the grill there may be that view obstruction or the look. But cant compromise on the safety, right.

One more thing, is the locking mechanism that is provided along with the UPVC windows good enough for the security.

Appreciate if others also provide their valuable inputs/thoughts.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Syed Khaleelulla
venuraju555

Post by venuraju555 »

Hi Rashmi,

I have started construction of my house in Rajajinagar and need your inputs to decide the bricks. I want to go for red bricks and now I am stuck. Please suggest if I should go for normal red bricks (chamber) or wire cut bricks. Few are suggesting go for normal as it would absorb more water and result in better curing and few are suggesting wire cut. I’m confused now. Please help/advise. Thanks

Would you be able to help here ?
Last edited by venuraju555 on January 2nd, 2022, 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
sharathkumargv

Post by sharathkumargv »

Hello Rashmi,
Recently started reading your posts, they are really helpful and you mention things in a detail way which helps others. I am in the process of starting with my house( finalized the plan).
Had one query on the lift room dimensions?
My architect has left 5X5, received a feed back from one of my fnd that 5.6x5.6 would give you lot of options while choosing the lift ( Standard size and less customization).
What's your dimension?
RashmiL wrote:
December 9th, 2021, 12:42 pm
Yes we finalized on EON elevators. Reasons for going for it was

1) Good reviews in Google (looked like coming from real clients who even have added the identities)
2) Decent price - below 10 lakh
3) Decent technology - hydraulic unit from Italian company GMV and imported sliding doors from German company (forgot it's name )
4) good designs aesthetically - one of the best at good price.
And finally this company is kundapura based company. Our own kannadiga based company. ಎಲ್ಲ ಚೆನ್ನಾಗಿದ್ದು ನಮ್ಮ ಕನ್ನಡವರಿಗೆ ಅವಕಾಶ ಕೊಡದೆ ಇದ್ದರೆ ಹೇಗೆ. ಹಾಗಾಗಿ.
RashmiL

Post by RashmiL »

1)At least as what I saw, UPVC with grills are useless.
2) wire cut bricks are good. Nothing wrong in them. Why do red bricks need to be cured ? It's the cement joints which needs to be cured.
3) 5×5 lift space excluding walls can give you space of 110 x 100 cm internal space excluding lift wall doors. Which should be good enough for a home lift. However if you want more space you can opt for 5.6 x 5.6 lift excluding walls. Even 5x5 without Walls is good enough. Note walls or no walls matter.you need 5x5 internal space without walls.
sbhat

Post by sbhat »

RashmiL wrote:
December 9th, 2021, 12:42 pm
Yes we finalized on EON elevators. Reasons for going for it was

1) Good reviews in Google (looked like coming from real clients who even have added the identities)
2) Decent price - below 10 lakh
3) Decent technology - hydraulic unit from Italian company GMV and imported sliding doors from German company (forgot it's name )
4) good designs aesthetically - one of the best at good price.
And finally this company is kundapura based company. Our own kannadiga based company. ಎಲ್ಲ ಚೆನ್ನಾಗಿದ್ದು ನಮ್ಮ ಕನ್ನಡವರಿಗೆ ಅವಕಾಶ ಕೊಡದೆ ಇದ್ದರೆ ಹೇಗೆ. ಹಾಗಾಗಿ.
Good information.
Can you share the contact number of the sales person of the EON Elevators ?. If it is not allowed to give in this forum send me via PM. In which area your house being constructed.
sbhat
ppm123

Post by ppm123 »

Rashmil your experience sharing I loved reading it. I had started construction but had stopped because of falling sick and other reasons. Kindly share your plumber' number and my building is Stilt plus three floors and may be one more floor
RashmiL

Post by RashmiL »

Eon contact no
Nelson 9591570083

We haven't finalized on plumber yet
venuraju555

Post by venuraju555 »

Thanks for the reply Rashmi… I am considering both options wire cut and chamber brick (red) and will decide either of them.

Please send me the contact number for red brick dealers

Thanks
RashmiL

Post by RashmiL »

We haven't brought any red bricks.so I don't have any number.
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

venuraju555 wrote:
December 30th, 2021, 9:20 am
Hi Rashmi,

I have started construction of my house in Rajajinagar and need your inputs to decide the bricks. I want to go for red bricks and now I am stuck. Please suggest if I should go for normal red bricks (chamber) or wire cut bricks. Few are suggesting go for normal as it would absorb more water and result in better curing and few are suggesting wire cut. I’m confused now. Please help/advise. Thanks

Would you be able to help here ?
You haven't mentioned, whether you are planning to go for a Plastered wall or a brick exposed wall. if you are going for a plastered wall, then no need for Wire Cut Bricks. Wire cut bricks are mainly used for Exposed walls where the fine finishing of the factory made wire cut brick edges gives superb look.

Return to “Civil Construction”