Building our dream house

manomur

Re: Building our dream house

Post by manomur »

Hi Everyone,
I want to commence the construction of my dream home by the end of this year, as I said in my previous post I am planning for G + 2 in east facing 1500 sqft plot, where Ground floor is for 2bhk rental unit and remaining space is parking for at least 2 cars and then first and second is duplex for own use.
I went through so many duplex plans in the YouTube, architectural websites and even visited under construction houses in my layout and based on that and as per my ideas and requirements I have made 3d animation of my dream home with one of designing websites.
I thought of meeting an architect/engineer who can understand my requirements and bring best design out of it.
One of my friends is constructing house in electronic city has hired an engineer for the same and he is charging around 1.5% of project cost for design, structure including visiting & inspection.
I am thinking to consult the same engineer but sometimes I think I need to explore few more architects to get best design. So anyone here pls let me know what cost does architect charges for only basic house plan so that I can first take 2 or 3 designs from different architects and decide the best one and go with my friend's engineer for construction.
It would be very helpful if you share the architect contacts as well.
venuraju555

Post by venuraju555 »

Hi msn,

I am going for plastered wall, we get wire cut bricks now which are meant for plastered walls, they cannot be left as is without plastering and they are not of fine finish quality, nowadays many people are using them so thought of checking which is the best one. Please advise. Thanks
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

manomur wrote:
January 12th, 2022, 10:22 am
Hi Everyone,
I want to commence the construction of my dream home by the end of this year, as I said in my previous post I am planning for G + 2 in east facing 1500 sqft plot, where Ground floor is for 2bhk rental unit and remaining space is parking for at least 2 cars and then first and second is duplex for own use.

I went through so many duplex plans in the YouTube, architectural websites and even visited under construction houses in my layout and based on that and as per my ideas and requirements I have made 3d animation of my dream home with one of designing websites.

I thought of meeting an architect/engineer who can understand my requirements and bring best design out of it.
One of my friends is constructing house in electronic city has hired an engineer for the same and he is charging around 1.5% of project cost for design, structure including visiting & inspection.

I am thinking to consult the same engineer but sometimes I think I need to explore few more architects to get best design. So anyone here pls let me know what cost does architect charges for only basic house plan so that I can first take 2 or 3 designs from different architects and decide the best one and go with my friend's engineer for construction.
It would be very helpful if you share the architect contacts as well.
Consulting multiple architects only to get the design is not an ideal one. As there are different set of contributions necessary for a project from the architect in co-ordination with the building contractor like Civil Drawings, Floor Plans, 3D View, 2D Interior Layout, Electrical Drawings, Plumbing Drawings, Architectural Drawings, Structural Drawings,. Etc.

Instead you shortlist few architects from your known references. Have preliminary discussion with them about your requirement and ask for the references of their already completed projects. invest your time and visit them. Have a look at those projects from multiple points like Design, technical & aesthetic, Selection & quality of the materials used, time taken to execute the projects, Finishing & Perfection, importantly the owner's satisfaction/feedback....etc. Whichever project comes close to your ideas, prefer go with that architect.

Architect charges is not very straight forward. It depends on extent of their involvement in the project & the ownership of the work they've agreed. Visit this link for more details.
http://www.mybdasites.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=7815&hilit=architect+charges
manomur

Post by manomur »

msn1270 wrote:
January 12th, 2022, 6:39 pm
Consulting multiple architects only to get the design is not an ideal one. As there are different set of contributions necessary for a project from the architect in co-ordination with the building contractor like Civil Drawings, Floor Plans, 3D View, 2D Interior Layout, Electrical Drawings, Plumbing Drawings, Architectural Drawings, Structural Drawings,. Etc.

Instead you shortlist few architects from your known references. Have preliminary discussion with them about your requirement and ask for the references of their already completed projects. invest your time and visit them. Have a look at those projects from multiple points like Design, technical & aesthetic, Selection & quality of the materials used, time taken to execute the projects, Finishing & Perfection, importantly the owner's satisfaction/feedback....etc. Whichever project comes close to your ideas, prefer go with that architect.

Architect charges is not very straight forward. It depends on extent of their involvement in the project & the ownership of the work they've agreed. Visit this link for more details.
http://www.mybdasites.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=7815&hilit=architect+charges
Thanks msn for the reply, do you have any references of freelance architects ?
RashmiL

Post by RashmiL »

Based on our working I can recommend praveen of ardes architect. Price is reasonable and he has good command. Only problem is he takes times and is bit slow.you can search ardes architect in this forum to get his contact details. As he is also a member of this forum, you can directly contact him.
manomur

Post by manomur »

RashmiL wrote:
January 14th, 2022, 6:23 pm
Based on our working I can recommend praveen of ardes architect. Price is reasonable and he has good command. Only problem is he takes times and is bit slow.you can search ardes architect in this forum to get his contact details. As he is also a member of this forum, you can directly contact him.
ತುಂಬಾ ಧನ್ಯವಾದಗಳು ರಶ್ಮಿಯವರೇ
sunil18vns

Post by sunil18vns »

I have my design done for 15k from a free lancer. PM me to get contact
manomur

Post by manomur »

sunil18vns wrote:
January 15th, 2022, 6:47 pm
PM are remaining in outbox only, so posting here itself..
Is that design includes everything I mean, floor plan, structural, electrical and plumbing ?
In your case getting design from architect does really add's a value or it is that ok to directly get the plan from Engineer ?
Kiran Kumar K

Post by Kiran Kumar K »

manomur wrote:
January 17th, 2022, 9:06 am
sunil18vns wrote:
January 15th, 2022, 6:47 pm
PM are remaining in outbox only, so posting here itself..
Is that design includes everything I mean, floor plan, structural, electrical and plumbing ?
In your case getting design from architect does really add's a value or it is that ok to directly get the plan from Engineer ?
Hr̥dayapūrvaka namaskāram sir, please share the freelancer number...
RashmiL

Post by RashmiL »

Yes design includes floor plan,plumbing , electrical , centring , structural , steel drawings, door drawings , bathroom layout drawings, kitchen layout drawings and other interior related.

Return to “Civil Construction”