Building our dream house

catchmesachin

Re: Building our dream house

Post by catchmesachin »

Anyone using Roff cement for fixing bathroom tiles??? Which model of Roff cement to use keeping in mind its a new construction???
sureshkn

Post by sureshkn »

Thanks riturajmnit & RashmiL for your answers. Still I have more doubts. I want to clarify as much as possible before talking to the Contractor.

- In the street, only my site is vacant. So, not much free space to put materials or do work outside of the site. That is why I was thinking about ReadyMix concerete. Same way as ReadyMix, can the steel column structure also made outside and just installed in the excavated pits ?

- Since we don't have place to put the excavated mud, some are suggesting first to do the RCC column in left side and then do next in right side. Is it advisable ? I am thinking to put the excavated mud somewhere else and do all RCC columns in one go and then bring the mud and fill. It is going to be expensive, but is it advisable ?

- Borewell : Iam thinking to do in April or May. Is it advisable to do during the peak summer or should I wait till rain starts ?

- Plinth Beam : In my hometown we put hard rocks + cement below the plinth beam mainly for strength & to prevent rats making hole, but I don't see it here in Bangalore. Should we do it or not ?

- Door frame (Vasakkaal) : Should I make the door frame's ready before construction ? I am also thinking to buy wood and ask carpenter to make them ready. Should I keep them ready before construction starts ?

- Chicken mesh : Anyone used Chicken mesh around the RCC beam and near the windows, or door frame ? Is it required ?

- Sump : I am not sure how much will be the borewell yield. Also Kaveri water is not enough, so have to get tanker. So, instead of having separate sump for borewell & Kaveri, I am thinking to connect all of them to a single sump, so managing will be easy. So, RO will sometimes get pure tanker water. Is single sump design advisable ? Or should I go with two sumps (future proof) ?

- Vent pipe : Any idea what is Vent pipe ? I see in Youtube that it is running adjacent to main pipe, not sure how it is connected.

- Sunken or Regular Bathroom : I am planning to go for Regular bathroom only. Ceiling height will be 9.5 ft. So, a 0.5ft ht to bathroom should not be a problem, I think. Is it fine or should I go with sunken ?

- Electrical Pipe - From Floor or Roof : I see that in newer apartments the electrical pipes are laid in the floor, not from roof. Is it advisable for residential building ?

- Window Grill fitting : It is the most unsecure I have seen. Sometimes there is a frame and frame is screwed to side wall and window grill is just welded against it. Or sometime they just put a small rod each on all sides and grill is welded against it. None of them seem to be safe. What is the best & secure way to fit the Window Grill ? My plan is to have Window grill inside and UPVC window outside.

- Roof top 1 BHK : Later point of time, I want to construct a 1 BHK at the top, but don't want to put RCC roof to keep cost low, just roof sandwich panel with false ceiling. Is it advisable ? Since overhead watertank also will be in the same level, will using pressure pump will provide enough pressure for bathroom & toilet there ?

Please share your ideas and experience and guide me.

Thanks,
Suresh.
sharathkumargv

Post by sharathkumargv »

Hi All, Am looking for red soil for foundation filling, pls let me know if any one has or leads.

Also I can give soil if any one needs, it's mix of red and white soil.

Regards,
Sharath
deepakss83

Post by deepakss83 »

Hi,

I have very good red soil at my construction site from foundation digging. If any one on need of soil let me know.
Its near sambhram college, M.S Palya. Its near to vidyaranyapura or yelhanka
deepakss83

Post by deepakss83 »

Hello Friends,

Anyone recently opted for upvc windows, any input regarding which is economical upvc or wood windows and some genuine contacts for upvc would be helpful.
RashmiL

Post by RashmiL »

sureshkn wrote:
March 3rd, 2022, 12:37 pm
Thanks riturajmnit & RashmiL for your answers. Still I have more doubts. I want to clarify as much as possible before talking to the Contractor.

- In the street, only my site is vacant. So, not much free space to put materials or do work outside of the site. That is why I was thinking about ReadyMix concerete. Same way as ReadyMix, can the steel column structure also made outside and just installed in the excavated pits ?

Ready mix is unnecessarily costly and quality seems ok ok only. I think it's ok to block road for one day and finish slab work.

- Since we don't have place to put the excavated mud, some are suggesting first to do the RCC column in left side and then do next in right side. Is it advisable ? I am thinking to put the excavated mud somewhere else and do all RCC columns in one go and then bring the mud and fill. It is going to be expensive, but is it advisable ?

Go with one go.

- Borewell : Iam thinking to do in April or May. Is it advisable to do during the peak summer or should I wait till rain starts ?

Do it in now only. Rains artificially pump more water which elevates water level artificially. Summer should show real water depths.

- Plinth Beam : In my hometown we put hard rocks + cement below the plinth beam mainly for strength & to prevent rats making hole, but I don't see it here in Bangalore. Should we do it or not ?

It's called Paya and it's must.what you said is followed by dishonest contractors

- Door frame (Vasakkaal) : Should I make the door frame's ready before construction ? I am also thinking to buy wood and ask carpenter to make them ready. Should I keep them ready before construction starts ?

Depends, we built structure and later put doors. Choice is yours. Both way is possible and both have it's own advantages and disadvantages.

- Chicken mesh : Anyone used Chicken mesh around the RCC beam and near the windows, or door frame ? Is it required ?

Not required.

- Sump : I am not sure how much will be the borewell yield. Also Kaveri water is not enough, so have to get tanker. So, instead of having separate sump for borewell & Kaveri, I am thinking to connect all of them to a single sump, so managing will be easy. So, RO will sometimes get pure tanker water. Is single sump design advisable ? Or should I go with two sumps (future proof) ?

Two sumps means two motors, two switches, extra wiring and extra pipes. Keep construction simple and save yourself additional headache.

- Vent pipe : Any idea what is Vent pipe ? I see in Youtube that it is running adjacent to main pipe, not sure how it is connected.

- Sunken or Regular Bathroom : I am planning to go for Regular bathroom only. Ceiling height will be 9.5 ft. So, a 0.5ft ht to bathroom should not be a problem, I think. Is it fine or should I go with sunken ?

It's fine.bathroom don't need high ceilings.

- Electrical Pipe - From Floor or Roof : I see that in newer apartments the electrical pipes are laid in the floor, not from roof. Is it advisable for residential building ?

No.

- Window Grill fitting : It is the most unsecure I have seen. Sometimes there is a frame and frame is screwed to side wall and window grill is just welded against it. Or sometime they just put a small rod each on all sides and grill is welded against it. None of them seem to be safe. What is the best & secure way to fit the Window Grill ? My plan is to have Window grill inside and UPVC window outside.

Frame should be welded to takas which are put on walls

- Roof top 1 BHK : Later point of time, I want to construct a 1 BHK at the top, but don't want to put RCC roof to keep cost low, just roof sandwich panel with false ceiling. Is it advisable ? Since overhead watertank also will be in the same level, will using pressure pump will provide enough pressure for bathroom & toilet there ?
No idea

Please share your ideas and experience and guide me.

Thanks,
Suresh.
deepakss83

Post by deepakss83 »

Hello Friends,

Urgently looking for any contacts of cement blocks in budget range with decent quality. I am looking for rented house construction purpose.
Thanks in Advance.
rjblr

Post by rjblr »

@RashmiL- How is it going with your house?
sunil18vns

Post by sunil18vns »

Cement blocks at Rs 36 for hydraulic pressed 6 in
Babu +91 96060 50907
sunil18vns

Post by sunil18vns »

deepakss83 wrote:
March 25th, 2022, 11:26 am
Hello Friends,

Anyone recently opted for upvc windows, any input regarding which is economical upvc or wood windows and some genuine contacts for upvc would be helpful.
Go for Lesso brand from Eiti...economical rate at around 350 psft...

Return to “Civil Construction”