Re: Building our dream house

Post by bsashwin »

Dear Rashmi

Can you share with me Contractor number , as I plan to work on labour contract
catchmesachin

Post by catchmesachin »

Marble buying experience

From last two weeks have roamed around all big marble dealers in Adugodi, Jigani and even made a visit to shoolagiri and have come to below conclusions -

1. Jigani and Bannerghatta road shops have the best selections and varieties. after my visit to shoolagiri yesterday i feel visiting so far is waste of time and money as the rates are almost same only and shoolagiri units like Fateh, JB Marmo, Agarwal marbles etc dont have much variesites on display. If ur budget is around 250-300 then definitely they(shoolagiri units) dont have much stocks. i hardly saw Dyna marble with shoolagiri. i feel its complete waste of time driving so far to shoolagiri. Shoolagiri is good only for good onyx and travertine stones at competitive prices.

2. Never take ur engineer/marble layer with you to any shops, as the shops will quote higher prices if u go with them as they have to give them commission for approving the purchase at their outlet.
sunil18vns

Post by sunil18vns »

Jigani has JB Marmo marbles shop and he quoted 300 but negotiated to 250 for marble...i would suggest to negotiate a lot before finalizing
catchmesachin

Post by catchmesachin »

Is there anyone who is looking for a marble purchase this week? We can club and buy in bulk and can negotiate more. My requirement is 1300 sqft.
catchmesachin

Post by catchmesachin »

plz share good painters number and also good tiles layer number.
sunil18vns

Post by sunil18vns »

Painter Sharavan +91 97417 22437
sureshkn

Post by sureshkn »

Hi RashmiL,
Your posts are eye-opener for people who are new to construction like me. I have few questions. When you find time, please provide details.

1. Did you go for ReadyMix concrete or not ? If yes, then which company. If no, then why ?
2. Did you do water proofing for all bathroom & toilets. And in roof ?
3. How many coats of wall putty & paint are you planning to do ?
4. What is the internal electric wiring & switches make are you planning to use ?
5. What is the CPVC pipe make that you are using ?
6. How you are planning for roof ? Waterproofing ? Cooling tiles or regular clay tiles ?
7. How many lines of water outlet you have ? I mean, is bathroom, kitchen outlet lines are separate or they are combined together. And toilet outlet line is separate ?
8. Finally when outlet lines connect to BWSSB line, are they joined together or still separate ? Do you have any internal inspection chamber ?
9. Are you planning for Rain Water Harvesting ? If so, how it will be used ? RWH water will be going in to common sump ? Or do you have separate sump for RWH water ?
10. In kitchen sink area how many water connections are there ? one for sink (borewell) and another for RO (Kaveri) ? And how about in utility area ?

Thank you,
Best Regards,
Suresh.
riturajmnit

Post by riturajmnit »

Sorry for jumping IN. Answering as per my experience, we are doing our second house now:

1. Did you go for ReadyMix concrete or not ? If yes, then which company. If no, then why ?
In both houses, all SLABs were RMC. Columns were Site mixed. Last house we used RMC from RMC company (Prism Cement). This time for super slabs we are using Ultratech - for other slabs Hella Infra.
Yes, please dont skip this
- 1 and 2
4. What is the internal electric wiring & switches make are you planning to use ?
- Anchor for Wire, panasonic Vision for switches
- Ashirwad
6. How you are planning for roof ? Waterproofing ? Cooling tiles or regular clay tiles ?
- Waterproofing is Must, tiling is mostly for aesthetics and comfort (They are not substitute of waterproofing)
7. How many lines of water outlet you have ? I mean, is bathroom, kitchen outlet lines are separate or they are combined together. And toilet outlet line is separate ?
I have 3 for bathrooms and Kitchen, RWH and Cold and Hot (Solar)

8. Finally when outlet lines connect to BWSSB line, are they joined together or still separate ? Do you have any internal inspection chamber ?
Have an IC chamber to drop everything and have a single line merging out
9. Are you planning for Rain Water Harvesting ? If so, how it will be used ? RWH water will be going in to common sump ? Or do you have separate sump for RWH water ?
Separate Sump with interconnection will help specially if you are using borewell or tanker
10. In kitchen sink area how many water connections are there ? one for sink (borewell) and another for RO (Kaveri) ? And how about in utility area ?
Sink - we have cold and Hot line
RO - we have only RWH line
Utility - only Cold line

Thanks
srikanthgrca

Post by srikanthgrca »

Hi All,
I was following this forum few weeks back and joined it last friday.
This thread has been definitely one of the most informative one I came across. Thanks RashmiL for putting the details.
RashmiL

Post by RashmiL »

Hi RashmiL,
Your posts are eye-opener for people who are new to construction like me. I have few questions. When you find time, please provide details.

No we did not go with ready mix for variety of reasons. Main being ours is just 30 40 site, so a normal gang men are good enough. Additionally you can control the quality of materials like sand and cement and jelly which goes into concrete mix. Additionally ready mix is expensive and they use chemicals to avoid cement hardening.

Not yet, but we have been approached by fosroc who have said they will apply fosrox brush bond solution. We can get materials and also get it done by our labourers for cheaper cost under their supervision..

Normal is 2. If you want you can go for 3.

Wires - finolex. Beware of duplicates.

Aashirwad.
6. How you are planning for roof ? Waterproofing ?Cooling tiles or regular clay tiles ?
Normal fosroc brush bond waterproofing before muddy.
Also mix muddy with fosroc sbr.

Still yet to do it.

We are yet to do it.

Actually engineer did suggest separate chambers. But we went with one chamber itself. However we will add carbon filters before connecting them to sump.

We don't use Boswell. It's all Kaveri

Thank you,
Best Regards,
Suresh.

I have answered all your questions inline.

Return to “Civil Construction”