Building our dream house

Visualizer

Re: Building our dream house

Post by Visualizer »

Strength of completed wall with plaster is much more than unfinished wall so don't worry much about vibration on hammering.

Also for 4 inch wall the cement sand ratio for masonry joints should be 1:4

If suppose 4 inch wall serves the purpose of internal partition there is no point of 8 inch. In case you are using 4 inch wall for bathrooms use full steel frame for wall mounting WC and construct wall around it that way load of WC seat will be on frame and concealed cistern/ Flush valve can be inside frame and you can avoid ledge wall.
Steel frame of good brand costs juat 1.5K to 2K.

If the 4 inch wall is towards exterior do mesh plaster after applying 2 coats of fosrock Brushboand or BASF Masterseal 551 ( cross to each other)
RashmiL

Post by RashmiL »

I want to add a point here, tracking steel prices are challenge. I generally check the steel prices as quoted in below link of Indus steel as reference with steel we buy (jsw in our case ) and track the prices. The link is

https://industmt.com/pricing
rjblr

Post by rjblr »

Wow. 70000 for Indus. It is scary.
What is the price difference between Indus and JSW?
Have you come across any online source where we can see a trend of steel price over last 6 months?
RashmiL

Post by RashmiL »

Jsw was 72k. Just 2k difference. We brought it from Bhima steels in nagarbhavi. I can easily recommend that shop to anyone considering the prices,weight checking and professionalism based on our experience.steel prices especially tmt bars would be almost impossible to get it online. You can never know the trend. So we keep this website price as reference price and calculate our cost.

Also one more thing, I would recommend people to stay away from Indus. Try to get it from primary producer like Tata,vizag, jsw or sail. Kausalesh steel in hebbal also sell vizag steel when enquired.
rjblr

Post by rjblr »

Thank you RashmiL. appreciate that. I plan to use JSW.
Visualizer

Post by Visualizer »

JSW is costlier than Indus ?
I hope you are buying from dealer listed as authorized on JSW website and not any reseller.
When I was buying steel JSW always worked cheaper than Tata, Indus etc due to lower transport costs from Bellary.
RashmiL

Post by RashmiL »

Visualizer wrote:
June 10th, 2021, 10:19 am
JSW is costlier than Indus ?
I hope you are buying from dealer listed as authorized on JSW website and not any reseller.
When I was buying steel JSW always worked cheaper than Tata, Indus etc due to lower transport costs from Bellary.
Probably you are right. I did not observe. 70 is today's price of Indus. It had gone up to 73k when we went to buy jsw. I had totally forgotten it. Thanks for correcting me.

And yes bhima steel is a authorized steel dealer listed in jsw website.
rjblr

Post by rjblr »

Even I heard that JSW turns out to be expensive than Indus. I did mention that being nearer to Bangalore transportation cost is lower. However I was told that it is still expensive comapred to Indus.
RashmiL

Post by RashmiL »

Cook top vs Hob in kitchen.

Our neighbours had recently installed Hob removing cook top. It looked aesthetically great, but they complained about its cleaning problems. Cook top can be cleaned easily by ladies but Hob requires experts to clean especially the milk spill overs or others. I checked few videos of Hob and it did look like Hob is cumbersome to maintain.

First video explaining differences of hob and cook top

https://youtu.be/ZuBLUWpm_Ws

Second video explaining the servicing of HoB

https://youtu.be/lVVL5MCNTMc

It does like cook top although less aesthetic would be convinent in longer run for ladies who almost spend some part of life on it. Additionally cook top with hardened glass with black colour isn't that bad with looks either. So do consider these aspects before making a choice.

Another video which best available cook tops and other stuffs about it

https://youtu.be/-JGTdUcFKnc
ragalax

Post by ragalax »

rjblr wrote:
June 10th, 2021, 1:56 pm
Even I heard that JSW turns out to be expensive than Indus. I did mention that being nearer to Bangalore transportation cost is lower. However I was told that it is still expensive comapred to Indus.
according to me JSW is better than Indus. you can compare JSW with Tata or Vizag
(it is just my opinion) Indus is not that great when compared to other lower cost brands like Primegold, tirumala, kamadhenu,kamachi etc.

Return to “Civil Construction”