Overhead tank kavery vs Syntex vs Ashirvad

Visualizer

Overhead tank kavery vs Syntex vs Ashirvad

Post by Visualizer »

Hi I am looking for buying 2000 liter overhead tank preferably in white color. Don't want black due to heat absorption and somehow bright yellow looks ugly to me.

Can anyone tell me why specifically lot of people go for yellow ?

Quotations I got were as follows
1. Local brands like Ganga are costing 6.5 Rs per liter ( double layer)
2. Kavery 9 rs (3 layers) there is 4 layer which was higher
3. Syntex higher than kaveri no actual number.

4. A plumbing supply shop near to my site told
Triple layer Ashirvad triple layer tank is priced at 7.5 rs per liter as it is newly launched. The leaflet ticks all right chckbox like LLDPE, roto , 10 year warranty, threaded lid, anti bacterial layer.

This is available in four colors black , white, yellow and blue.

1. Do these quotes look fair or can i get better rates for syntex and Kaveri ?
2. Does 4 layer has any advantages over 3
3. Colour choice is there any issue with white.
ragalax

Re: Overhead tank kavery vs Syntex vs Ashirvad

Post by ragalax »

If we have 10 years warranty we can go ahead with Ashirvad, you can reach out to them in case of any issues as they are established in other plumbing items if not in tanks. we are using a Kaveri 3 layer tanks for the last 7/8 years and it is still good shape. we can expect similarly quality from Ashirvad also.

3 Layer tanks are around 10 years old in the field, before that we had 2 layer tanks only and they are still in use. strength and durability wise nothing to worry but we need to choose a tank with food grade quality material.

find my comments below for your questions.
1. Do these quotes look fair or can i get better rates for syntex and Kaveri ?
But kavery (original triple layer ) when i last purchased 9 months back it was 5.90 rs. i am not sure if your talking about a differrent quality!

2. Does 4 layer has any advantages over 3
i don't see any advantage ( i feel it is as marketing point)

3. Colour choice is there any issue with white.
No issues, on Black or Yellow colour tanks dust won't appear but it will on white tanks,and people are used black tanks.

regards
Ragalax
ganeshncm

Post by ganeshncm »

Sintex is virgin plastic, it costs anywhere between 7.9rs to 8 rs per liter.. (2 Layer black) and about 10rs per liter (3 Layer white)

Others cost about 20% less because they are made of recycled plastic.. have seen with neighbours that Kaveri and other recycled plastic based tanks melt or deform in hot sun.. I have my 3 sintex tanks for the last one year (and a neighbor has it for 10 years+) and it is flawless...

my recommendation is not go for the local brands and choose virgin plastic based ones..
Visualizer

Post by Visualizer »

Purchased Ashirvad 3 layer tank finally at 6.65 rs per liter (white colour) from a shop near to home in Koramangala. Quote for yellow was 6.3 rs per liter.
Its LLDPE tank made by by roto mold process instead of HDPE plastic blow tank which are sold at cheaper prices.
ganeshncm

Post by ganeshncm »

That is 40% savings over Sintex.. thanks for sharing information
Visualizer wrote:
February 27th, 2021, 10:47 pm
Purchased Ashirvad 3 layer tank finally at 6.65 rs per liter (white colour) from a shop near to home in Koramangala. Quote for yellow was 6.3 rs per liter.
Its LLDPE tank made by by roto mold process instead of HDPE plastic blow tank which are sold at cheaper prices.
srinihome

Post by srinihome »

Thanks for sharing.
rajesha07

Post by rajesha07 »

Recently i brought 2, 2000 liters Ashirvad tanks. There are many brands which gives you 4.5rs per liter also. But for long term we can't say how many days those companies will survive. So better always go with brands. Few people are charging up to one 1rs extra per liter. People are charging 6.40 to 7.20 ps per liter for kaveri. Ganga is little less. I was happy with ashirvad with quality and weight. i got it for 6.75rs per liter. Initially one guy quote me 6rs per liter for ashirwad tank. But before that i want to see the tank personally. Since many people wont keep 2000 liters tank with them. Later one of my frnd told me about whole sale shop near guest line. I went there and enquired. But they were selling local made supreme at 4.50rs per litre and apl appolo for 6.5rs/liter. From guest line ashirvad factory was near by. So i went their and asked them directly about this. But they told me that i have to buy through dealers only. So i was standing near company and observed the tanks and came back. While going to home i enquired in few places and all are telling 6.80 to 7.50 per litre for ashirvad. So deiced to go my place and buy the 6rs one. Later i realized that 2 ashirvad companies are manufacturing tanks. Original ashirwad has embossed logo on body and the cheaper ashirvad has logo with black color. the guy who offered me a other variant. So i finalized a deal in chandapura with 6.75rs per liter. For bigger tanks no need to buy nearby shops since company deliver tanks directly from company. Overall i am happy with the ashirvad white tank. But they are claiming its virgin plastic. One of my frnd husband is working at ashirvad. Hw was saying that they use recyled plastic too..
Visualizer

Post by Visualizer »

Actual Ashirvad is spelled with v and not w and is from aliaxis the same company which sells pipes. As per the company they use LLDPE plastic and roto mold process.

Return to “Civil Construction”