Starting Twin House Construction in BDA Layout

riturajmnit

Starting Twin House Construction in BDA Layout

Post by riturajmnit »

Hello All,

I had immensely benefitted from this forum during my last house construction where we moved in July 2016. Below is thread on same:

http://www.mybdasites.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=6827

Now we are planning to make aa bigger space (Twin identical house/Mirror House) on two plots in a BDA approved gated layout.

Plan and design is 99% finalized and I will be posting few renders for your feedback. Each house is approx 3500 sqft. We plan to finalize contractor by Feb Mid so that we can get rolling by Feb end. I am using services of same architect who did our previous house.

Can someone help me with below:
1. Trusted Soil testing Firm
2. BDA approval Pointers

Thanks
ganeshncm

Re: Starting Twin House Construction in BDA Layout

Post by ganeshncm »

Approval i think is BBMP and not BDA. That is the most demotivating and painful part of the construction. You need to get hold of a middleman.
riturajmnit

Post by riturajmnit »

Hello All,

So we are almost hitting the ground now. Contractor is finalised and work should commence in 10 days. Schedule timeline for Structural finish is Nov mid.

What is typical mobilisation amount for full contract ? He is asking for 15% which looks tad more to me.
Also attaching elevation which will go some churn at least on appearance as we move.
Elevation 3.jpeg
Elevation 2.jpeg
sunil18vns

Post by sunil18vns »

This guy did bda approval vinay 098456 04455
ashokkumarhj

Post by ashokkumarhj »

Yes usually contractor takes that as mobilisation money
and it also depends when is your next payment
riturajmnit

Post by riturajmnit »

We were able to start our construction on August 7 and currently footing is done and work is onset to plinth. We are using RMC (Ultratech) for all concrete work.

Can anyone suggest whats the typical cost for temporary connection and how this prepaid meter thing works ? We have been quoted 21000 for connection (with 8500 prepaid deposit). How much is typical bill for 2KW and how much the contractor charges commission for bill ?
RashmiL

Post by RashmiL »

We had paid 19k for 2kv temporary connection which comes with 8500 rs current.
RashmiL

Post by RashmiL »

Btw why 15%. What are all covered in 15%?. It's very high amount. Firstly for a building of 4 floors (3800 sq ft, ) bare building will cost only 30 lakhs. Assuming the cost of building is 1 crore it will come to 30%. So entire bare building structure will cost you 30% which is after several months. Contractors are easily able to ride on gullible customers.

Ask him why 15%. What if you don't get well with his work ? Your money is gone. So don't go above 5%. In fact I check with friends on work stages and payments before writing cheque.
riturajmnit

Post by riturajmnit »

RashmiL wrote:
September 20th, 2021, 6:25 pm
We had paid 19k for 2kv temporary connection which comes with 8500 rs current.
Thank you, how much he charges for paying bill and I am not sure if he works in sarjapur road area, if he does possible to share number
riturajmnit

Post by riturajmnit »

So we have snailed upto PCC completion on ground floor.
Can folks advise on Concrete Block vendors in Sarjapur road. Ours is column bearing structure, so dont see logic of spending too much with APCO and equivalent,

Any other good vendors ? We are considering AVS

Thanks

Return to “Civil Construction”