What would be the built up area in a 40-50 site

gautham

What would be the built up area in a 40-50 site

Post by gautham »

Guys,
After a lot of search, I seemed to found a decent 40-50 property. The asking price is way higher than the market value though. I need to see how the negotiations go. I need to factor everything in in the total cost. (After COVID, seriously asking myself if its worth spending a lot)

I plan to construct a duplex. ( No rental floor). Ground floor hall, kitchen, 1 room, 1st floor 2 rooms. On the right side, big passage all the way till end for car parking. Planning to leave space on the backside too. ( Since we are a small family of 3, I dont need a big house). With this kind of design, can someone tell what the total built-up are would be? ( G and First floor put together)
ganeshncm

Re: What would be the built up area in a 40-50 site

Post by ganeshncm »

What you are asking is permissible FAR (Floor Area Ratio)

It depends on a lot of factors, including the road width in front of your home, closeness to metro etc. Check the permissible FAR for your place and you can easily get the number you are looking for
gautham

Post by gautham »

Thanks for the response. I am not asking about FAR. Road width is 30 feet.
I am asking about the total built-up area on a 40-50 site. ( With G+ first floor)
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

As per by-law, you need to leave minimum 1 mtr setback area on all sides. So with your Ground & First Floor construction, your expected total construction area will be between 12 to 15 squares based on the design criteria.

Max you can construct G+3 Floors .
gautham

Post by gautham »

thanks a lot ganeshncm and msn1270
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi, Gautham
Keeping FAR and byelaws a side i am only commenting on the approx built up area you need to accommodate your requirement.
Gf - 1400- 1600 sft ( including parking ) + FF 1400 sft approx is needed , you should be looking at 2500 - 3000 sft of total construction including parking, balcony, open to sky terrace ( if any ) .
Given construction sft is very much possible as per bye laws in general in most areas .

Regards,
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
www.ardesarchitects.com
https://www.instagram.com/ardesarchitects

Return to “Civil Construction”