Guidance or inputs to construct new house

deepakss83

Guidance or inputs to construct new house

Post by deepakss83 »

Hello Everyone,

This is my first post here.
I have a plot in Bangalore near JP nagar 9th phase measuring 40*30. Planning to construct house in next 6 months.
So looking for some guidance or inputs and your experience about construction of house from beigning to end or even any links or information would also help.
Looking for information from scratch and each stages.
Planning to end.

You could also share details on my mail id - deepaksshimpi@yahoo.com

Thanks for everyone.
Sree0909

Re: Guidance or inputs to construct new house

Post by Sree0909 »

Dear Deepak,
Wish you all the best for a successful and ontime completion of the construction project. Your question is very broad so unable to answer comprehensively. However, yes you need to treat house construction as a project and the answers depend on how you wanna execute it - outsource it to a contractor/go in only for a labour contract with you driving the materials purchase/go for a contractor but hire an expert to monitor it every day and so on...also it depends on budget, time frame within which you wanna complete...
Thanks,
Sree0909.
deepakss83

Post by deepakss83 »

Thanks Sree for your short but considerable point. Yes I know my question is general and broad.
Basically I am looking for any kind of information about construction would be helpful because I have zero knowledge on it.
arunthl

Post by arunthl »

Hello Deepak, I'm on the same boat as you but may be little ahead because, just completed the borewell drilling (last week) & plot is in uttarahalli.. There are various posts here in this site by Mr. Swamy (detailed & step by step) & others. you may want to browse through this site and spend time on this (I am spending time on this)
deepakss83

Post by deepakss83 »

Thanks Arunthi.
Definitely i will i have look.
deepakss83

Post by deepakss83 »

arunthl wrote:
October 5th, 2020, 6:43 pm
Hello Deepak, I'm on the same boat as you but may be little ahead because, just completed the borewell drilling (last week) & plot is in uttarahalli.. There are various posts here in this site by Mr. Swamy (detailed & step by step) & others. you may want to browse through this site and spend time on this (I am spending time on this)
Hello Arun,

I hope your house construction is going well or almost finished. I am planning to start construction of house on 30x40 site. So wanted to know any tips on the initial work and how to find the good contractor,architects etc.

I heard from many that now due to covid construction cost has reduced little bit , but i am not sue though.

Could you also help me to find the important threads or information here on this portal and also Mr.Swamy thread as you had mentioned in previous message.
deepakss83

Need Inputs to construct new house

Post by deepakss83 »

Hello Everyone,

I am planning to start construction of house which has dimension of 30*40, WEST facing site.

My Initial requirement is some thing as mentioned below:-
1. Ground floor - Kitchen with Room (for single person)
2. 1st floor 2 BHK (Self occupied)
3. 2nd Floor Two houses of 1 BHK for RENT
4. 3rd Floor based on budget another Two houses of 1 BHK for RENT

And my queries are as below:-
1. I would like to know what is the allowed number of floors for 30x40 dimension site?
2. Steps or approvals required before start of the construction.
3. How to choose good contractor.whether to choose contract base or labour contract.(I will not be able to do
purchasing as i dont have knowledge and spend enough time on it)
4.Estimation or Quotation for the said plan( Please let me know if there are any better idea or plan ).
5. Any reliable contacts of contractors,Architects (does architect really required for constructing house for rents)

I know my queries are broad, but it would be great help if i get any guidance or inputs ,contacts in this regards would be much appreciable.

Thanks & Regards
Deepak
sunil18vns

Post by sunil18vns »

G plus 3 is contact Mamta for good designs, she charges around 15k only and is educated civil architect. Ph is +xxxxxxxxxxx

Edited by admin
Its not suggested to share contact number on public forums .
ashokkumarhj

Post by ashokkumarhj »

Approximately you will have 900 sqft on each floor and cost of construction you can use only websites for your reference only and there is always price escalation based on your requirement.if you are looking for unique design then hire an architect you will have flexibility on design based on requirements. Note all below responsibility will be included as part of architect responsibility

If you are looking for good planning, hire an engineer , 3d guys for your elevations,hire always a structural engineer for structure ,he will be accountable for your structure. For electrical and plumbing.labours can manage, make sure take photos of all conduiting .

You can go yourself to BDA for approval or you can find middle men to get it done ,you can find few in this forum itself.

If you can affordable enough time, you can go with material contract.or go with item rate contract where you will have clarity on each item and question him if there is variation.
But always keep doing regular visit. I would not recommend Mason dependency sometimes he will take a ride because you will not be SME.
All the best

Return to “Civil Construction”