Labour cost for commercial building construction

Chetanl

Labour cost for commercial building construction

Post by Chetanl »

Hello,

I am planning to construct commercial building/space in an area of 90 * 40 with Basement+G+1st floor, so totally 3600*3 = 10800 sqft. In future there would be 3 more floors added. The basement is for parking and the rest of the two floors will be for rent. So the building will have three sides wall and shutters/glass on the front.

After some reading, I find that the current labour cost for home construction is around 27k to 30k for 100sqft. But I could not find labour cost for a commercial building construction as I feel there is less work compared to a house construction.

Can someone please share the current labour cost for commercial building construction?

Regards,
Chetan
thankulns

Re: Labour cost for commercial building construction

Post by thankulns »

Hi..Mr.chethan
Labour rate for commercial building with basement will be seperate for basement which will be more when compared to upper floors.The rate depends on things like Column size,Floor height,kind of structural system you have finalised,sunken slab,width of staircase,no. of floors as you go up rate will vary.Since there wont be many walls only for raising the columns/pouring slab it will cost you about 20K - 22K per 100sft.

regards
lakshminarayanaswamy
Chetanl

Post by Chetanl »

thankulns wrote:Hi..Mr.chethan
Labour rate for commercial building with basement will be seperate for basement which will be more when compared to upper floors.The rate depends on things like Column size,Floor height,kind of structural system you have finalised,sunken slab,width of staircase,no. of floors as you go up rate will vary.Since there wont be many walls only for raising the columns/pouring slab it will cost you about 20K - 22K per 100sft.

regards
lakshminarayanaswamy
Hi Sir,
Thanks for the reply. I was thinking that the floor height will be 10' just like homes, but in my office the floors are almost 12' to 14' high. Also the columns are 2' * 2' unlike in my home.

So it looks like the structural system should be finalized before talking to a contractor to finalize his labour charges. I will be contacting an architect soon and will share the details of the structural design here to get some feedback.

Thanks and Regards,
Chetan
daybud

Post by daybud »

thankulns wrote:Hi..Mr.chethan

regards
lakshminarayanaswamy
Hi,

Could you please explain what all is included in that labour cost of 20k-22k. If I opt for manual concrete mixing at the site, is the charge for concrete gang men extra or is it included in the rate slab? also does it include cost of shuttering and bar bending?

is the rate same for basement with retaining wall?
daybud

Post by daybud »

Chetanl wrote:
Hi Sir,
Thanks for the reply. I was thinking that the floor height will be 10' just like homes, but in my office the floors are almost 12' to 14' high. Also the columns are 2' * 2' unlike in my home.

So it looks like the structural system should be finalized before talking to a contractor to finalize his labour charges. I will be contacting an architect soon and will share the details of the structural design here to get some feedback.

Thanks and Regards,
Chetan
Hi Chetan,

Could you please tell me what is the architect charging and what services are included in it? Does it include structural engineering and site visits? Kindly share details
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi,
Commercial building construction cost will be cheaper if the floor plates are bigger and internal partitions are less.
Basement with RCC retaining walls cost will be 1.5 times expensive than above ground floor.
Commercial building steel consumption is 1.25 to 1.5 times more than residential building.
Civil Labour cost for commercial will be less by 30-40 per sft only incase of its simple structure, just in case you opt for flat slabs to attain higher spans between columns the cost of labour will be same as residential building.
Commercial building always have additional cost that you need to consider while total estimation
1. Bescom power loads will be high
2. Sanction fee will vary for commercial buildings
3. Bwssb connection will be under commercial use
4. Lift
Current market cost of commercial construction will start at 1700/- per sft ( including labour and material)

Regards,
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
www.ardesarchitects.com
https://www.facebook.com/ardesarchitectsblr

Return to “Civil Construction”