Went Bathroom shopping Day 1

isap63

Went Bathroom shopping Day 1

Post by isap63 »

Day 1
I am hoping this will help new folks who are in the similar stage of construction.

Finally we have reached the plumbing stage and after in depth research we have finalized our list for 4+1 bathrooms.
Yesterday we went shopping only for WC, Sink vessel and sink taps. We looked at Roka, Duravit, Toto, Kohler (even though Jaguar was on our list, some reason the WC felt clumsy). Toilets are something permanent and cannot be changed , so we went with what we liked and here's my opinion on each brand. Our criteria in selecting WC is , rimless, very powerful flush and built in bidet.

Roka - quality is not what I expected. This is being made by parryware, infact I found parry ware quality much better. Now, how did I even check the quality ? look very closely under bright light for each ceramic. If you see a gazilion tiny dots and tiny dents, just reject it. This is where Roka lost me. But there are plenty of nice deals the dealers are giving away on Roka

Duravit - Nice functionality, they have rimless WC but no bidet spray.quality is also nice.

Kohler - there is one amazing model in Kohler WC with rimless, it also comes with built in bidet spray. But the bidet spray did't look strong enough. They offered around 20% discount flat out. I guess they can go more. I am planning to get kohler for guest room and powder room if they offer more discount.

Toto - Toto has a bidet seat which can be purchased at additional cost and does not need electricity. I was happy with the Toto ceramic wc bowl quality. It passed my sharp eye and light test :), and went ahead and purchased 3 Toto WC with rimless and ecowasher, one toto sink vessel and toto sink tap. Dealer straight away offered 30% discount, you can stretch a little bit more.

Toto picture attached as per the request :)

Today I am going out for shower fittings shopping. Will update in next post.

Day 2

Today I went shopping for shower fittings for 4 bath rooms. I saw grohe, hans grohe, kohler, toto and delta. Grohe had many shower packages displayed for around 17K per bathroom. I was not happy with the basic grohe built. The basic category is assembled locally - thats what the sales told me. The nicer grohe and hansgrohe were beyond my reach. I just skipped them. Then went to Delta dealer - I selected rain shower without jets for MB and basic shower for other 3 bath rooms. I was happy with the built and went ahead and placed order for 4 bath rooms. On dealer offered 22.5% off, other one offered 30% off. I went with the better deal.
Attachments
toto.jpeg
toto.jpeg (79.03 KiB) Viewed 9523 times
Last edited by isap63 on September 28th, 2018, 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Naveen
ramki067

Re: Went Bathroom shopping Day 1

Post by ramki067 »

Please post pics of your purchases. It would be helpful for me and others.
Thanks
isap63

Post by isap63 »

ramki067 wrote:Please post pics of your purchases. It would be helpful for me and others.
Thanks
There's the picture for you Sir.
Naveen
ramki067

Post by ramki067 »

Thank you sir, although I didn't meant showing only boxes :D
Please also provide pricing of these products you purchased along with address of the store.
Thanks
isap63

Post by isap63 »

I was able to get following discounts off MRP
1. TOTO - 30% to 31%
2. Gebrit - 25% , I found one guy who said he will get 30% off. Planning to buy 2 gebrit alpha from him.
3. Delta - 30%. I think you can get more with Delta faucets.
Naveen
y1em216

Post by y1em216 »

Hi,

Can you please tell us the showroom details?

Thanks
pri

Post by pri »

I too am starting my bathroom shopping tomorrow. This is the preliminary list i have

1. WC : TOTO rimless with the tornado flush system
or Kohler Modern Life Rimless
2. Concealed tank: Geberit Omega concealed cistern 82cms. Wanted a short one so this is the only option i found.
3. Washbasin : Kohler Forefront Undercounter basin
4. Shower Diverter: Going for a Thermostatic Control. Undecided which one to go for. So far i have seen Kholer, Jaguar and Toto.
I am a little confused on this ... has anyone used Thermostatic diverter and which one would you recommend for two way diverter.
5. Rain shower : Havent seen yet
isap63

Post by isap63 »

One big problem I noticed is , Price is not at all transparent even within the same brand and different stores. I really wish we as consumers dont have to bargain like beggars, only if the prices are fixed for every brand.

if you go with toto , consider eco wash bidet. There's so many shower fittings options with so many brands. Drives crazy.
Kohler modern life is a great option. Let me know how much kohler discount you can pull off. They offered me 20%
pri wrote:I too am starting my bathroom shopping tomorrow. This is the preliminary list i have

1. WC : TOTO rimless with the tornado flush system
or Kohler Modern Life Rimless
2. Concealed tank: Geberit Omega concealed cistern 82cms. Wanted a short one so this is the only option i found.
3. Washbasin : Kohler Forefront Undercounter basin
4. Shower Diverter: Going for a Thermostatic Control. Undecided which one to go for. So far i have seen Kholer, Jaguar and Toto.
I am a little confused on this ... has anyone used Thermostatic diverter and which one would you recommend for two way diverter.
5. Rain shower : Havent seen yet
Naveen
pri

Post by pri »

Kohler offered me 21% on their WC
sc_new

Post by sc_new »

Anybody has reviews of the brand Huida brand of WC . Exclusive showroom is in Banashankari next to MP ceramics

Return to “Civil Construction”