Krishi Honda (Water collection pit)

nagsbhat

Krishi Honda (Water collection pit)

Post by nagsbhat »

Dear All, need some expert suggestion. I am getting a krishi honda built of 70 ft by 70 ft and a depth of 10 feet. Bottom is 50 feet by 50 feet. i.e. 10 feet slope on all sides to avoid caving in. I have pit 6ft by 10 ft deep 6ft as a water collection point and water into the krishi honda is re-charged via long pipe to avoid water getting via the wall. The colour of the soil is wheatish clay and people around are saying that, it melts in water and caves in. I want to know: Is there some sort of grass or plants that I can plant now (by mid March) so that roots of the plant gets spread on the wall to avoid caving in in rainy season. This place gets heavy rains during monsoon. If you can answer or point me to an expert would be great help. By the way what is the geological name of this kind of soil. This is used as white paint for wall arts in villages.
Attachments
krishi-honda.jpeg
krishi-honda.jpeg (105.08 KiB) Viewed 5369 times
thankulns

Re: Krishi Honda (Water collection pit)

Post by thankulns »

Hi...
This is a good thing you are involved in building a krishi honda we must appreciate your efforts.
to avoid caving in best method is to cover the slopy area in Geotextile membrane which is basically used for this kind of tanks.there is availability of type of Geotextile membrane which is permeable and after sometime grass can also grow on top of it.

best regards
lakshminarayanaswamy
girishshk

Post by girishshk »

Don't worry, just leave it. Since it is slope and not an well, this might take years for cracks and slippage.
tvsh

Post by tvsh »

Are you collecting the water to be reused or for percolation? If the water is for reuse, then you can put a tank liner ( plastic sheet ) and collect water. If it is meant for percolation, you can spread some kind of net. You can stitch together vegetable bags ( tomato cheela) and use them.

Return to “Civil Construction”