construction estimate review in 30*40 site

protect_nature

construction estimate review in 30*40 site

Post by protect_nature »

Hi,
The material contractor we chose to build G(1BHK)+FLOOR1&2(2BHK)+FLOOR3(1BHK) in a 30*40 site in bangalore has given a estimate of 80 lakhs for whole completion.
We were hoping to get a 2 BHK in floor 3 as well for this price but he says its not legal to construct 2bhk in floor3 which is fine by me, but in that case am expecting him to reduce total price but he says for the quality of construction and material he does(like granite flooring for all floors,solar panels etc) it would cost 80L.

As we personally know the builder , I am hoping he is reliable and dont want to contradict him much. But am not sure if its correct price and in dilemma about next step.

Guys with recent construction knowledge/experience , can you please suggest.

Thanks much
Vana
protect_nature

Re: construction estimate review in 30*40 site

Post by protect_nature »

appreciate if someone can respond, thanks
ragalax

Post by ragalax »

first of all you will get permission to construct G+3 permissions (stilt floor (parking), Ground floor, 1st and 2nd floors) there is no limitation that you can't have a 2BHK on the 3rd floor. you should able to get 4 kitchen permissions

And I think you will build around 4400 sft total (considering the 3rd floor as 2bhk) then 80 lakhs is around 1800 psft ( I hope including everything)
in this rate the building can be finished with above avg quality (after contractors profit).

few things that can change psft rate drastically are
what kind of sand (river sand or msand)?
how strong your ground working going to be (based on soil condition)?
which brand sand your going to use?
wood and/or which quality (brand) of upvc windows ?
which quality of concrete MS20/25 site mix or RMC ?
snelgi

Post by snelgi »

What's the total area of construction ?

Currently construction cost is between 1800 to 2000 per sqft.

Thanks,
Santosh
goutam_d

Post by goutam_d »

If you construct by Red bricks and good quality material like all granite etc, it will cost > Rs 1900/sqft.
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi project nature,
I think you are finalizing the contract at the face value of the contractor. In my personal opinion it's always better to ask for details to set your expectations clear. Since he is giving full quote why don't you go for finishing material selection first and get to know what all he would provide in that price and what range. No need to finalize the selection bit see what he is giving.
If he says why now we can do it later, pls re consider him unless he comes with detailed material specifications.
Even if he say he will give best material how do you know what a best material look like and it's not hard fasten rule that you always like best material .
Getting clarity about few items will always keep contractor and owner relation safe .
1. Basic prices for max number of items possible (hinges,handles,flooring,paints,electrical switch,wires,wood,taps,WC,baisins,railing,elavtion,sump,comp wall,gates,doors etc)
2. "Benchmarks" for workmanship , mentioning first class workmanship is very danger. Who will certify first class benchmark?
3.A very eloborate payment schedule with max 40% payment in structure time(till plastering) and 60% for finishes . This is must to make your construction project a successful and painless.

Current market price you can get a moderate finish home @2000/- per sft. To understand moderate you can consider it as 3x quality for a average builder apartment .

All the best for your construction.

Regards
Ar.praveen
Ardes architects and interior designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
www.ardesarchitects.com
girishshk

Post by girishshk »

Thats correct, even if he is your best friend/relative get the quote for all the materials in the estimation used and an proper legal agreement. So your budget won't deviate more and your money is safeguarded. Close monitoring is a factor for quality of building ,even if you believe or Not the labors.
Its very difficult to get good labors and contractors who have passion for their work rather they see only the money.
protect_nature

Post by protect_nature »

Thanks a lot all. Your inputs are very helpful.
Sathyan9

Post by Sathyan9 »

If material contractor - Rs.1600 - Rs.2500 is market rate depends on your flooring(tiles, granite and marble), wood(sal, teak, honne), size of sump, compound(excluding in 1600). It is best to negotiate with builders, take multiple quotation and compare them. See their previous projects before you decide. I think once you shortlist , look for middle ground in price so that you don't compromise on quality. Keep your plan and architect diagram(structural also) ready before construction and include this in agreement, so that any deviation will be responsible of builders.
jayesh_r

Post by jayesh_r »

The construction cost for a decent quality construction from Rs 1550 -2000 Rs/sqft for Bangalore. But get the complete specifications and materials that the contractor will use for your project. It would be better if you can compare work by work - I mean excavation & foundation, RCC super structure, Masonry and Plastering, flooring, painting, electrical, plumbing, doors and windows. For same parameters you should be able to compare the specifications for all quotations.
At xxxxxxx (https://www.xxxxxxxxxx) we are trying to make construction transparent and trustful through the online contract using which you can compare the contracts like mobile phones on any eCommerce website. Please also check the cost estimator on our website.
Disclaimer : I am a co-founder at xxxxxxx.

Any external website links with commercial interest are not allowed. Please share your knowledge in construction & realestate with fellow members .This is an open platform to share knowledge and we discourage any marketing .

Regards
ADMIN

Return to “Civil Construction”