Pile foundation information

gkna1820

Pile foundation information

Post by gkna1820 »

Hi,
Based on my soil testing report my architect is suggesting to go for pile foundation. Has Anyone known about this? how much it costs?
thanks,
Kishore
Santhi

Re: Pile foundation information

Post by Santhi »

It will be add to the cost. What is the type and dia , , depth of the pile recommended. There are different type of pile. Can you upload soil test report. What is the height and area of the building. Which area your building located.
gkna1820

Post by gkna1820 »

Santhi wrote:It will be add to the cost. What is the type and dia , , depth of the pile recommended. There are different type of pile. Can you upload soil test report. What is the height and area of the building. Which area your building located.
Thanks Santhi. Pile foundation details yet to receive from the architect. My building is located in electronic city, it is 60X40 and G+5 Floors. Reports are attached.
Attachments
soil_report2.jpg
soil_report2.jpg (71.1 KiB) Viewed 7765 times
soil_report1.jpg
soil_report1.jpg (48.02 KiB) Viewed 7765 times
Santhi

Post by Santhi »

In this report there will be recommendation of foundation by the geologist. What is recommendation.Also find Safe bearing capacity of soil in that report.
Santhi

Post by Santhi »

Are you planning for basement . Then you can plan for raft foundation which will be costlier than pile foundation . But economical as you are getting space as basement.

The piling around your site you should have space do piling
gkna1820

Post by gkna1820 »

Santhi wrote:Are you planning for basement . Then you can plan for raft foundation which will be costlier than pile foundation . But economical as you are getting space as basement.

No Basement and we have enough space on 3 sides, one corner there is an existing house(diagnal to my site). Do you have an idea on approximate cost
for doing piling? Any references.

Once again thanks a lot Shanthi for spending your time on my queries.
Attachments
report5.jpg
report5.jpg (91.78 KiB) Viewed 7737 times
report4.jpg
report4.jpg (58.56 KiB) Viewed 7737 times
report3.jpg
report3.jpg (69.75 KiB) Viewed 7737 times
gkna1820

Post by gkna1820 »

Santhi wrote:Are you planning for basement . Then you can plan for raft foundation which will be costlier than pile foundation . But economical as you are getting space as basement.

Dia of pile is going to be 18".
Santhi

Post by Santhi »

the cost will be around Rs.7 to 10 lacs. however your soiltest report shows isolation/ combined footings footings .cussion with geologist the n why piling. you have to dis
Santhi

Post by Santhi »

tehre will be group pilling under each coloumn . my estimates you will have around 30 to 45 h arcitects structpile . ie around 16 to 18 columns. check witral engineer
Santhi

Post by Santhi »

Return to “Civil Construction”