Plan review

Stars

Plan review

Post by Stars »

Dear all,

Please give me your suggestions on the attached plan.

Thanks
Attachments
Taranum Revised 23 Aug'17.pdf
(95.84 KiB) Downloaded 608 times
pri

Re: Plan review

Post by pri »

Nice plan but I dont think two toilets are necessary in the ground floor.
Stars

Post by Stars »

Your right. We will retain one of the bathroom and make the room bigger.

Please lemme know any other way in which I can improvise the plan.

My key points of concern are

1. The kitchen is not exactly in the south east corner , but in the south east quadrant. I donno if it's ok from the vastu point of view.

2. In dilemma to have one more balcony in the dinning or if that one balcony (shown in plan) is sufficient.

3.toilet will be right in front of main door. I don't know if this will be awkward or fine.

Humble request to members to please write in ur views.
pri

Post by pri »

Stars wrote:
3.toilet will be right in front of main door. I don't know if this will be awkward or fine.
You can switch the location of the bathroom and bedroom so that when you open the main door you see the bedroom door. And washbasin will be closer to the dining area so might be more convenient.
Stars

Post by Stars »

Switching rear side bedroom and bath will affect the ventilation of bedroom. So it may not be feasible.

Another quick question to fellow members.

We are planning to have a balcony in the dinning area.

Do you ppl think it's a good idea to have two balconies( one shown in the existing plan in bedroom and other in the dining) given the small dimensions of site?
muralism

Post by muralism »

Dear All

do we need to take planning approval from BBMP if you want construct additional floor
like second? same procedure to be followed.

after construction and then can it be regularised?

Thanks
murali
Stars

Post by Stars »

Dear fellow members,

We finally started the construction work on the site. It almost took half a year to finalize the plan. I still donno how many mistakes would have gone unseen in the plan. But There was no scope for any further delay, so we sticked on to the attached plan and started.

We have given it for full Contract to one uncle near our house who has constructed a few houses near our area. Although not a very knowledgeable person but seems to be a honest man ( however, let's wait and watch!!!).

The following work is done on the site as of now.

1. Marking of site.

2. Started exacavation. However, we had to halt the work as there was a lot of water in the trenches. It was ozing out from the ground.
We were really scared . We had never seen such a scene earlier. However we asked a couple of ppl , they told it's normal. I donno if there will be any impact because of this in future.

As of now, contractor is using the same water for all purposes like curing , mixing etc.

3. Out of 11 pillars, 7 were dug at a time and contractor got the rmc and got it filled in one day. The remaining 5 were attached to the neighbors, (so called) weak foundation. Neighbors who are abroad called up and requested to take extra precaution, So slowly one by one we are getting each pillar dug and doing footing of them.

4. Simultaneously, where ever possible , the Mason is getting the foundation of 3 course done.

Will keep you posted on the construction work.
Stars

Post by Stars »

Quick update on our construction .

The ssm work is completed and yesterday the Mason's put the plinth concrete and sump concrete.

While we visited the site yesterday, the realised that they have forgotten to put the ssm and plinth for the kitchen partition wall.

I was really upset with the contractor and the Masons (although didn't tell him much). How can they be so unattentive. He consoled me saying it's not a major issue and will do it now.

I wonder how many such bugs are going unseen from our eyes too. Let's wait n watch.

Btw, attaching some pics.
Attachments
IMG-20171114-WA0018.jpg
IMG-20171114-WA0018.jpg (112.48 KiB) Viewed 7219 times
IMG-20171114-WA0017.jpg
IMG-20171114-WA0017.jpg (126.92 KiB) Viewed 7219 times
IMG-20171114-WA0013.jpg
IMG-20171114-WA0013.jpg (119.72 KiB) Viewed 7219 times
Stars

Post by Stars »

Hello again,

Plinth is completed now. Contractor was waiting for good mud to fill the plinth and today I saw he has got this mud for filling. The depth is around 2 ft which must be filled.

I thought the quality of the mud is not good. But before telling the contractor wanted to confirm if it is really bad or it's ok.

For me these things are totally new so wanted to get the advice asap to talk to contractor.

PS: I felt that red soil he has got is to superficially show us.
Attachments
IMG-20171120-WA0013.jpg
IMG-20171120-WA0013.jpg (74.6 KiB) Viewed 7058 times
IMG-20171120-WA0010.jpg
IMG-20171120-WA0010.jpg (200.32 KiB) Viewed 7058 times
milangadakari

Post by milangadakari »

Could you please confirm if yours is load bearing walls or column structure.

Return to “Civil Construction”