Current cost of construction psf

rpalas

Current cost of construction psf

Post by rpalas »

Dear friends,

This is my first post, i hope to get some good responses.

I am planning to construct apartments for residential purpose, about 10 apartments of 900 sqft each in bangalore south, i would be selling few to raise the construction cost.

I was wondering whether i should go for material contract or labor contract. Being from a middle class background it is obvious for me to think about savings.

To all those experienced members of the group, i seek advice about how much would it cost in psf to construct ( basic apartment) apartments if i go about doing it myself without giving any turnkey contract to others.

Appreciate your response.

Thanking you
rpalas
Naveenraj123

Re: Current cost of construction psf

Post by Naveenraj123 »

If you have the time to spare, do this and you can thank me later

1. Hire an architect , this person would provide you with all structural working electrical plumbing interior drawings
2. Have the architect sub hire a Mason, it's important as if you hire a Mason separately the architect and mason will never be on same page and you have to break your head in between, so when you hire architect you include masonry work in his contract , typically labour contract per square (chadra) you get for 26-28k including plastering, parapet, lintels, block work, columns erection, compound wall, and other misc works , note - archiects charge you anywhere between 60-100 psf for their entire services
3. You have to invest in foundation work labour (columns space digging, moving soil in and out, etc
4. You provide all materials, do not at any cost leave this responsibility to either architect or mason, take their advice on what type of materials hut u should be the one to pay, do due diligence before selecting materials,
5. Sand cement and steel is life of your building , for slab casting and columns use Birla super 53 grade , for blockwork and plastering you can use zuari 43 grade, use thriveni or tavara m sand only, don't go for local m sand or robo m sand, for plastering use slag sand no need of river sand, steel you can go for A one gold or Prime gold, reasonable and top quality.
6. Once you do all these you will atleast see 20-25% reduction in your overall construction cost as against outsourcing it as material contract to a contractor who will end up putting low grade material and eat profits

If you have any query, contact me
tvsh

Post by tvsh »

Have you constructed small buildings before? If not, I suggest go for materials contract. You might save some money on labor contract, but it is quite challenging to construct an apartment complex of 10 units, if you have no prior experience of construction.
prasadproperties.123

Post by prasadproperties.123 »

Naveenraj123 wrote:If you have the time to spare, do this and you can thank me later

1. Hire an architect , this person would provide you with all structural working electrical plumbing interior drawings
2. Have the architect sub hire a Mason, it's important as if you hire a Mason separately the architect and mason will never be on same page and you have to break your head in between, so when you hire architect you include masonry work in his contract , typically labour contract per square (chadra) you get for 26-28k including plastering, parapet, lintels, block work, columns erection, compound wall, and other misc works , note - archiects charge you anywhere between 60-100 psf for their entire services
3. You have to invest in foundation work labour (columns space digging, moving soil in and out, etc
4. You provide all materials, do not at any cost leave this responsibility to either architect or mason, take their advice on what type of materials hut u should be the one to pay, do due diligence before selecting materials,
5. Sand cement and steel is life of your building , for slab casting and columns use Birla super 53 grade , for blockwork and plastering you can use zuari 43 grade, use thriveni or tavara m sand only, don't go for local m sand or robo m sand, for plastering use slag sand no need of river sand, steel you can go for A one gold or Prime gold, reasonable and top quality.
6. Once you do all these you will atleast see 20-25% reduction in your overall construction cost as against outsourcing it as material contract to a contractor who will end up putting low grade material and eat profits

If you have any query, contact me

Plz suggest a good labour contractor. I’m going for construction in few weeks.
Naveenraj123

Post by Naveenraj123 »

Contact Pandu 9611888333
Prashanth_BS

Post by Prashanth_BS »

If you are staying in North Bangalore, You can contact Venkatesh 9741013927.

Return to “Civil Construction”