Planning to start construction in North Bangalore

Sreejith

Re: Planning to start construction in North Bangalore

Post by Sreejith »

I got the building plan approved. The procedure was pretty easy.

I just walked in to the panchayat office, the person in charge there asked me how many floors I am constructing. I informed him that it is a g+2 and that the ground floor will be entirely for parking. He did not even look at the plan and staright away said that it will cost me 30k , 10k for each floor. They never looked into the technicality, just wanted the money.

We negotiated for some time, I told him that even BBMP does charge so much. Finally agreed for 8k.

They gave a receipt which had the site number with dimensions along with a seal and signature on the blue print.

I will be starting construction in the next few days, about to sign an agreement with the contractor.

I will need ur suggestions on the pump. I am planning to construct a sump which can hold 12k liters of water. It will be approximately 10 ft deep​, my contractor is giving me a 1hp pump. Willl this be powerful enough to pump water from the 10 ft deep sump to a tank which is g+2?
Regards,
Sreejith
sudheerkeshav

Post by sudheerkeshav »

You can consider 1.5 hp pump. 1 HP is ok for a distance of upto 20 mts.
Sreejith

Post by Sreejith »

sudheerkeshav wrote:You can consider 1.5 hp pump. 1 HP is ok for a distance of upto 20 mts.
Thank you.
Regards,
Sreejith
ssharma

Post by ssharma »

hiradhu wrote:What is the process for Plan approval by BBMP? Can you pls help us with that?
Go to a BBMP office, get hold of a middleman there. Bascially BBMP charges based on the total sqm construction and they take bribe based on how many kitchens you're planning to build.
To get approval, you would need:
1. A khata certificate of your land.
2. Tax paid receipts from past years.
3. Sale deed of the land.
4. Building construction plan if you have any(If not then ask the above mentioned guy, he will get you a generic plan)

The whole process takes about a month's time, after which, they will give you 5 copies of plan signed by BBMP guy. Now you can use this plan for obtaining loan from a nationalised bank.
hiradhu

Post by hiradhu »

Thanks ssharma. Will the process be different for BMRDA? Should the Architect designing the plan be registered?
ssharma

Post by ssharma »

hiradhu wrote:Thanks ssharma. Will the process be different for BMRDA? Should the Architect designing the plan be registered?
Sorry Hirandu, No idea about BMRDA. If you know, please share with us. Yes the architect who will be designing on behalf of BBMP will be registered, his license number will be mentioned in your plan.

Third party architects usually don''t get involved in BBMP plans and approval. But if yours is ready then he might charge even more.
Sreejith

Post by Sreejith »

The construction commenced last Sunday, we did a bhoomi Pooja and the they started digging. The site was filled with 4 feet of mud few years back.

There are 12 pillars and the depth for the footings will be 7 feet. There will be a soul testing done and if the soil is hard enough we will go ahead with the footings if not we will have to dig further.

The sump is approximately of 13500 liters. Will try to share images and update as and when work progresses .
Regards,
Sreejith
budhgavi

Post by budhgavi »

Can I have your mobile number Sir,

Will SMS you. No disturbing calls
Naveen kumar

Post by Naveen kumar »

one call does it all ,
Construct u Dream Homes @ just 1380/(inculding of material) per sqft ,no packages , No Hidden costs , Beautifully crafted Architect
Designed Homes , Priced Honestly ,u can reach us xxxxxxxxxxx

Note : planning free of cost .

This forum is not for marketing, you need to share your expertise and knowledge in construction honestly like your marketing posts says " priced honestly"

Edited by ADMIN
Sreejith

Post by Sreejith »

Sorry about the delay folks.

The construction started on 11th of July. We did a Bhoomi pooja & start digging for the pillars.

Mine is a West facing 30x40 site. But the is a little cross, normally the site should be 50' diagonal on both sides. We are losing about 2 feet (apart from the setback) in the front. The house will be constructed without the offset.

The site was filled with 4 feet mud a few years back. We had to dig down to 8 feet to get a solid base.

Pillars are constructed. We had plans for a complete parking on the ground floor, changed the plan & have a small room with attached bathroom in the ground floor.

Centering has been done for the first-floor roofing & should be completed sometime this week.

Luckily there was no price increase when GST was introduced. The agreement was not yet done but the contractor still stood by his words.

The loan was sanctioned just a few days back, there was a delay due to some legal documents which was cleared by the agent himself.
Attachments
3.jpg
3.jpg (175.66 KiB) Viewed 7941 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (199.47 KiB) Viewed 7941 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (241.69 KiB) Viewed 7941 times
Regards,
Sreejith

Return to “Civil Construction”