Going to start construction

sudheerkeshav

Re: Going to start construction

Post by sudheerkeshav »

Hi Mr Sharma ,
I am using the Korean profile (xinli - Yujing India) from Greenwood industry in my new house. http://yujingindia.com/upvc-profiles/
Already one of my relative used the same in their house , and I was satisfied with the profile thickness, and the pricing, and quality of the fittings.

You can call me for more details on 9986759464.

Regards,
Sudheer
senapathigopi

Post by senapathigopi »

@SreeRama: BBMP contact person is Ramanna 9448433439, i approached him for khatha transfer and extract.

Plan approval going thru agent who quoted me less unofficial charges (12k + 8k)than BBMP contact(30k)

@Sharma: thanks for the quotes not yet got any prices for myself and i'm thinking about uPVC windows and wood doors
Regards
Gopinath
ssharma

Post by ssharma »

Paid 15k to my electrician contact today for a temp BESCOM connection.

The breakup is for a 3KW connection:
Deposit 10170
Meter 750
Agreement 240
Form fee 50
Supplies 4000

He suggested single phase, 3HP motor would be installed so a 3KW is enough. He will charge 300 rupees extra for doing meter reading work.

We also discussed about solar power, I wanted to know if there will be a discount if we have a 1KW solar panel installed, to which he said no, which is surprising because I read somewhere that they give some discounts on electricity bill.

Interestingly, he said if we install a 2KW solar plant, we can install a inverter which can put power back into grid and BESCOM would pay 2000/month if we do it.
satyagupta1603

Post by satyagupta1603 »

@Senapathigopi : Thanks for your response. I also approached Ramanna 2 weeks back for Khata extract up to date . It seems new folks came @ Horamavu office at top positions and so far no progress on khata extract :( . Can you please share contact details of agent through whom you got plan approval done .If you are fine please share your details (either by email/IM) .I will come and meet you this weekend and take some suggestions regarding before construction start works.
ssharma

Post by ssharma »

Bought 500 6 inches cement blocks to make a shed for mason at 31 rupee/block.

Also bought a truck of grade A M-sand at 950/tonne
senapathigopi

Post by senapathigopi »

satyagupta1603 wrote:@Senapathigopi : Thanks for your response. I also approached Ramanna 2 weeks back for Khata extract up to date . It seems new folks came @ Horamavu office at top positions and so far no progress on khata extract :( . Can you please share contact details of agent through whom you got plan approval done .If you are fine please share your details (either by email/IM) .I will come and meet you this weekend and take some suggestions regarding before construction start works.
Gopinath 855 302 1974, senapathigopi@gmail.com

Plan sanction agent: Chandra 9448314320
Regards
Gopinath
ssharma

Post by ssharma »

Asked for cement and steel prices from a reputable dealer near my place, he is recommended to me by a friend.

Tirumala 500 - 46000
Indus 550 - 49500
JSW NEO 500 - 49000
Meenakshi - 47000

Cement
Birla super 53 grade - 400
Zuari 53 - 380
Ultra tech PPC - 390
The cement dealer said we should use PPC cement for construction as the weather is hot these days. Can anyone please comment on this please?
swamy_blr

Post by swamy_blr »

Hi Sharma,

No problem in using PPC Cement for Brick Masonry, you can go ahead for PPC (Bharthi/Ultratech brand). Ensure you should do proper curing.
If you are not urgent please wait till next week, the prices might come down for Cement.

PPC Cement can be used for Brick work, Plastering, Wall tiling/Flooring. Birla Super for Pillars/RCC slab/Footings or any concrete work.

Please check other dealers on Steel prices, it should be 47000- 48000 and can't be more than that.

rgds
Swamy
ssharma

Post by ssharma »

@swamy, thanks a lot once again for your inputs, Can you share your dealer contact, I'll talk to him and see if he can deliver to my place. For cement i'm not in a hurry, I just asked prices because we might need some bags to construct sump. But then once we start sump construction, we would like to stick to the same dealer. In fact, another dealer in the area was saying the same thing about cement prices coming down in a week. I dunno why would that be though.
ssharma

Post by ssharma »

So we got the marking and excavation done. Not getting a cheaper steel dealer in my plot vicinity.

Ordered a truck of 40mm jelly, one truck of andhra riversand, one truck of M sand so far. waiting for a temp BESCOM connection and a reliable quote on borewell pump.

Gonna buy a vibrator tomorrow as renting would be expensive and cumbersome.

Our architect suggested that we build a RCC sump so now we need to have pump+ electricity even more urgently.

Return to “Civil Construction”