Going to start construction

swamy_blr

Re: Going to start construction

Post by swamy_blr »

Hi Sharma,

For Cement & Steel you can check with Sri Venkateshwara Enterprises (Hebbal), Contact Shashi -9071300941 whether he can supply to Yelahanka.

I suggest you first get the Temporary Electricity and Borewell Pump to start any Construction work. Initial Curing is very much Important in first 1 or 2 days. Concentrate on this and close this.

rgds
Swamy
kartheek

Post by kartheek »

@Sharma - did you get chance to explore more on uPVC windows and doors? anything shortlisted?

@All - any suggestions on UPVC windows? I'm confused between wood v/s UPVC (I know there is another thread which talks about these ;) ).

Thanks,
Kartheek
ssharma

Post by ssharma »

Kartheek, nothing finalized yet. I got busy with electrical connection and borewell pump procurement. Just know that Fenesta is very expensive.
umeshguru

Post by umeshguru »

Second option is LG.
There is an other supplier who is near to JP Nagar. In my case. I have decided to go with UPVC window. So I can decide the vendor in the last stage.
https://www.indiamart.com/greenwindowin ... quiry.html
ssharma

Post by ssharma »

Ya I mailed Sunitha and got her portfolio details in mail. Yet to follow up with her. I already shared greenwindow prices in this thread.
ssharma

Post by ssharma »

Ok an update. Got the foundation work done. Foundation beam work is still in progress. On our architect suggestion, we are constructing our sump out of RCC so the process is a bit slow. Temp BESCOM connection is done and motor is installed in borewell.

finalized the bricks, going for MTB chamber bricks. Price quoted is 5.5-6 rupee/brick.

Had issue with sand quality, my mason ordered a truck w/o asking us. We got the sand checked by our architect and he rejected it. We went through another sand dealer this time and the quality is good.

Always, be in the negotiation channel whenever your mason want to procure something else chances of under the table dealing are very high.

Some price update:

Birla super 53 grade:405/bag
JSW steel: 49000/tonne
Sand: 35k for a 6 wheel truck

Wood prices:
Red sal: 1300/cft
Honne: 1900/cft
Teak: 6000/cft
Resmi

Post by Resmi »

Can anybody suggest a good architect for a house construction at east Bangalore?
senapathigopi

Post by senapathigopi »

Resmi wrote:Can anybody suggest a good architect for a house construction at east Bangalore?
For my house I've got a architect from kasturi nagar,
Chaitanya is good for us, @8494912000 currently doing designs for our home in NRI Layout
Regards
Gopinath
Resmi

Post by Resmi »

Thank you Gopinath.. Our plot is in Channasandra, near to NRI Layout. Also it would be great if you could email me to reshmi.nandana@gmail.com to know more about the architect and terms. Very confused at the begining stage..

Thanks in advance
ssharma

Post by ssharma »

Ok an update,

We went for a RCC sump instead of the usual one so it took a bit of time and money to complete that.

Plinth level work is finished and columns are being raised.

Got MTB bricks at 6/piece.

Bought Honne wood for vaskals, some red sal wood for bathroom vaskals(because they are more resistant to moisture/dampness) I thought about going with upvc but every dealer I spoke to was giving warranty for 15yrs, not beyond that. In addition to that, they were quoting 1.5x the price if you want a window in wood finish.
Another reason for moving away from upvc is security, for some reason they didn't feel very secure to me.(Personal opinion) That being said, I'm going to be installing upvc windows for all bathrooms(With exhaust fan panel and all) I've been quoted an average of 450/sqft including installation and taxes. This is considered entry level quality prices, if you want to go for middle quality then add 200 to this figure.

I'm not installing teak wood main doors for the heck of it, only for pooja door i'm buying teak.
Wood prices are mentioned below:
Red sal: 1350
Honne: 1900
Burma border teak: 4500
Please note that timber yards will charge anywhere between 80-180 as planing charges, they would quote you slightly less on wood but increase planing charges, so when you ask about wood, tell them to tell the entire cost including planing and designing. I paid 80 rupees/sqft for planing.

Spoke to a plumber who did work on our neighbour, work is good but he is an absconder. But since we are not getting any other contacts, we are going with him.
He quoted 8k/ bathroom, material will be provided by us. 2k extra for a bathroom if you wish to install a wall mounted kamod.

Coming to window grill design, this is an area where i'm unable to make up my mind. I wish to install a grill inside window vaskal with a fabricated design of my choice but then my carpenter said, a fabricator will charge min 100/running feet for a design so just for grills, the total would be more than a lac.

Can anyone provide positives and negatives of grill vs iron rods in a window please? It will help me decide.

Return to “Civil Construction”