Plan To Start Construction

AbhiRK

Re: Plan To Start Construction

Post by AbhiRK »

Hi Armchair,

Can you pls share your contact number, BOQ and contact of your civil engineer -- Rajesh. I am in the process of finalizing the contractor for construction . I have also sent you an email and appreciate your response . Thanks
Armchair_general

Post by Armchair_general »

Quick update after completing 2 years of construction.

1. Skylight needs annual sealing of silicon as they tend to crack due to harsh sunlight.
2. I had water leakage due to rains. Rain water started seeping in the balcony door due to strong winds. I had to spend a hefty amount to put up fabrication to protect the home from water seepage.
3. WFH has been a troublefree as there is a separate work area which has all the facilities to accommodate WFH.
4. Big sump has really helped. Kaveri water comes once a week but we can manage with large sump and large overhead tank.
rjblr

Post by rjblr »

Armchair_general wrote:
January 22nd, 2021, 12:43 pm
Quick update after completing 2 years of construction.

1. Skylight needs annual sealing of silicon as they tend to crack due to harsh sunlight.
2. I had water leakage due to rains. Rain water started seeping in the balcony door due to strong winds. I had to spend a hefty amount to put up fabrication to protect the home from water seepage.
3. WFH has been a troublefree as there is a separate work area which has all the facilities to accommodate WFH.
4. Big sump has really helped. Kaveri water comes once a week but we can manage with large sump and large overhead tank.
Sorry to hear that armchair_general. Good that you have been able to recover from the situation.
Did you have seepage through the balcony slab? Or water was sepping inside the house through the balcony doors?
Armchair_general

The sites adjacent to me on 3 sides are empty. Strong winds and heavy rains means the balcony door and walls are getting drenched. The design of the door was changed @ the last minute. Due to which the door opens on the inside.

The water accumulated on the threshold and started seeping inside the walls. Hence I had to get fabrication and sheeting done to cover the balcony door to terrace.

In December when it rained heavily there was no water collection and the door threshold was dry.

So the fix has worked.
ramki067

Post by ramki067 »

Hey armchair_general,
Whats the facing of your house? If its south facing, could you plz send me the plan of your house as i plan to start construction of our home.
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Ramki
RashmiL

Post by RashmiL »

ramki067 wrote:
March 10th, 2021, 8:49 pm
Hey armchair_general,
Whats the facing of your house? If its south facing, could you plz send me the plan of your house as i plan to start construction of our home.
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Ramki

Please start a thread for your house and start putting your requirements. We will all be able to provide feedbacks based on our experience.
ramki067

Post by ramki067 »

RashmiL wrote:
March 11th, 2021, 9:07 pm
ramki067 wrote:
March 10th, 2021, 8:49 pm
Hey armchair_general,
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Ramki

Please start a thread for your house and start putting your requirements. We will all be able to provide feedbacks based on our experience.
WIll definitely start once i start construction. Before that i need to finalize on plan and date which is ongoing.
Armchair_general

Hello Folks,

Cant believe it has been 2 years after home completion. We have really enjoyed working from home during these troubled times. The amount of planning has paid off.

Thanks to the design, myself and spouse had good privacy to WFH and daughter had no disturbances in attending online school.

I have not added anything to the house in terms of re-design or repairs as everything was planned down to the last nail.

attaching a few pics, taken recently.
Attachments
20200812_151230_edit.jpg
20200812_151219_edit.jpg
20200812_151219_edit.jpg (214.16 KiB) Viewed 12816 times
NaveenBlr

Post by NaveenBlr »

Nice to read your experience @armchair_general. Great looking house. All the hard work paid off.
rjblr

Post by rjblr »

Armchair_general wrote:
October 1st, 2021, 9:50 pm
Hello Folks,

Cant believe it has been 2 years after home completion. We have really enjoyed working from home during these troubled times. The amount of planning has paid off.

Thanks to the design, myself and spouse had good privacy to WFH and daughter had no disturbances in attending online school.

I have not added anything to the house in terms of re-design or repairs as everything was planned down to the last nail.

attaching a few pics, taken recently.
Looks pretty neat even after 2 years.
Love the textured surface on the top left structure? Is that some kind of paint or cladding?

Return to “Civil Construction”