House plan review

kk55340

House plan review

Post by kk55340 »

Hi all,

I need all experts help in reviving my plan, my site is 800 sqft and is sout facing, request you to validate and suggest I am worried about staircase patterns which occupies lot of space in living room can this be made as double flight such that TV can be mounted on wall and sink can be below staircase
Attachments
imgtopdf_generated_0611162249057.pdf
House plan
(310.25 KiB) Downloaded 671 times
navhe

Re: House plan review

Post by navhe »

Hi KK,

Overall plan looks good.

Couple of observations on FF (as FF is the most happening place )
1) Dining is compromised. This should be bigger (8x7 clear area)
2) Area below staircase ( after 2nd landing) may be used for pooja
3) Bathroom and toilet may be combined. anyway it is common and external to bedroom. It will add more space to room and you can have a wardrobe which is a must
4) I don't see any strong reason for keeping toilet and bathroom separate especially when there is space constraint in small sites. It is my personal opinion. Me too had lot of confusion over this and finally made the bathroom attached to bedroom and kept one Indian style toilet (only) for common purpose. (30x40 site)
5) GF - 3ft passage after compound wall may reduce to 2.5ft. This will be difficult to move furniture, home appliances etc. consider this while placing entry door at the backside. Are keeping this just to satisfy vaastu or you see any other practical benefit?

All the best !
kk55340

Post by kk55340 »

navhe, Many thanks for your response,

1) Dining is compromised. This should be bigger (8x7 clear area) -
We will use kitchen for this purpose we don't have plan for dining table as of now.
2) Area below staircase ( after 2nd landing) may be used for pooja
I thought of same, Wife wants pooja room to be in kitchen and doesn't want staircase above pooja room since we have to walk over pooja room
3) Bathroom and toilet may be combined. anyway it is common and external to bedroom. It will add more space to room and you can have a wardrobe which is a must - Good point but since parents don't like the attached ones.
4) I don't see any strong reason for keeping toilet and bathroom separate especially when there is space constraint in small sites. It is my personal opinion. Me too had lot of confusion over this and finally made the bathroom attached to bedroom and kept one Indian style toilet (only) for common purpose. (30x40 site) - you are right but we want these two things to be out of bedrooms so that viistiors can use them without going to bedrooms.
5) GF - 3ft passage after compound wall may reduce to 2.5ft. This will be difficult to move furniture, home appliances etc. consider this while placing entry door at the backside. Are keeping this just to satisfy vaastu or you see any other practical benefit?
good observation, I will ask my contractor to redesign this part :-) width is not enough. We wanted ground floor to satisfy vastu and tenatns look more for vastu parts then owners :-)

Thanks for this, but do you think the hall in firstfloor and bedrooms in second floor are having enough space provided smaller site or we can have little tweaks in design for making them spacious?
kk55340

Post by kk55340 »

My contractor is charging 1650 persqft, with main door and puja door teak wood, msand for construction river sand for plastering 4 course of basement, jaguar fittings in bath, hindware sanitary, RCC solid brick contruction, upvc frames on windows, 70% charge for open are where contruction is not done example :car parking. this includes staircase.

but he charges extra for sump and compound wall.
navhe

Post by navhe »

First regrd your contract:
1650/- is reasonable market price. It is difficult to find contractors below this rate.
Don't just go by base price or specifications in agreement. Most important thing about contractor is 'hist track record'. Can he finish on time with good quality ? please do a reference check with the owners who completed with this contractor. It is worth doing check even if it adds few more weeks delay to start. If you are not satisfied with track record, never sign agreement. Please try to find a more reliable contractor even if it costs 100/- more.
Be prepared with min 10% extra budget for civil work itself - in addition to the total amount in agreement.
Don't pay more money in advance.. keep paying as and when work is completed to your satisfaction.

regd the plan comments:
Yes. Hall and Room seems big enough given the available area.
2) pooja below staircase : steps or slab, we end up walking above pooja room. its my personal opinion..Don't mistake me for saying this.. i think these are kind of superstitions which we need to overcome to achieve good practical floor plan in modern days. :)
3 &4 ) entirely your choice. Please remember, wall partitions eat 6" area and reduce operating space. Bigger the better. Using modern techniques like proper ventilation, exhaust fan etc, bathroom with toilet can still be kept clean.
kk55340

Post by kk55340 »

Thanks you , contractor has constructed a house in my neighborhood, work and finish is good and owners are very happy with contractor performance. So far in multiple discussions contractor is very polite and owner from previous project has stated he ia pretty genuine and trustworthy and so far it looks true.
sinceresiva

Post by sinceresiva »

Hi, Could you please give me the contractor number? I am looking for a good reliable contractor. Please help...

Thanks,

Siva (9986032681)

Return to “Civil Construction”