Teak wood main door options

karthik.nitw

Teak wood main door options

Post by karthik.nitw »

Hi All,

I am looking for teak wood main doors. Exploring the options and need to finalize on main door frames with the following requirement:

- 4 Main door shutters (Frames were already done with 4' x 7' dimension). One among these needs to be carved. Preference: Burma Teak
- 1 Pooja door shutter (Frame size: 3' x 7'). Preference: Burma / Gana Teak

Kindly suggest me which is better option:

1) Readymade / custom made by the carpenter ? If readymade, are there some standard company doors?
2) What are advantages and disadvantages with both options?
3) What would be the current market rates of both options?
4) Carving charges for 1 door ? Is manual / CNC machine carving better ?

Thanks in advance,
Karthik
Yogavelraj

Re: Teak wood main door options

Post by Yogavelraj »

Main door without curvings will be good in terms of maintaining
msananthu

Post by msananthu »

Main door is a very personal choice of the family and there is no correct option for this.

1. Ready made main doors are charged premium prices
2. You could first decide on the door design and then engage your carpenter / carving people accordingly.
3. Charges for CNC carving depends on complexity & design. I feel manual carving gives the best result. I can refer one person who did this for me.

Regards
Anantha
karthik.nitw

Post by karthik.nitw »

Thanks for prompt reply!

H Anantha,

My contractor says ready made burma teak wood doors are less priced than buying wood plus carpentry labor charges (As per him, Ready made can be purchased @ Rs 26K and custom made can incur Rs 12K additional amount). Is this true ? How do I assure the quality of the wood when I go for ready-made? Any reputed companies for teak wood ready made doors?
For carving I must go for manual made doors only ..right? Would you please PM me the contact details of your reference for carving work (karthik.nitw@gmail.com).

Thanks,
Karthik
ausraja

Post by ausraja »

This is why every details has to be documented in an agreement. It always better to get everything handmade.
Purusoth Ariputhiri

Post by Purusoth Ariputhiri »

Dear Karthik,
We had used ready made teak door from NR doors (well known door Manufacturer) in our last project, it costed only 12000 for 3'6"x7'0". which is pre- polished & without harware, you can able to place the order through e-commerce website like buldkar. you can save lot of money. custom made doors always expensive. and the quality of workmanship depends on the carpenter and the painter.

regards
Purusoth Ariputhiri
swamy_blr

Post by swamy_blr »

Hi Karthik,

Regarding Teak Wood Main Door, there are many types of Woods ranges from 6500 (Burma Teak 1st Grade), 3500 - 4500 (Burma Border), 2500 (Ghana Teak). Considering the Budget you can Opt for the type of Teak wood. If you want uniform wood then you need to Purchase Wood Log (Cost is more + waste during cutting).
For Teak door of 3.6" x 7.0" Size (Section 5x4)
Frame : 3.05 CFT @6000 per cft = 18300/-
Door Shutter : ~4.5 CFT @ 6000 per cft = 27000/-
Labour: 28 SQFT @ 200 per Sqft = 5600
If any additional carvings add 2000 - 3000 , So Finally one Teak door will cost you 50000/- approximately.

If you are looking for Read made Teak Doors then cost vary from 20000/- to 35000/- depending on Designs and type of Teak wood considered.

check out Aryabhangy Website, you will get idea of Doors & Cost per door if you contact them.

rgds
Swamy
riturajmnit

Post by riturajmnit »

would suggest use a good ply and put teak beading on both sides for polish and strength, i have done same and it costed me 23-25k including polish.

Return to “Civil Construction”