House Construction - Experience

kumarorion

Re: House Construction - Experience

Post by kumarorion »

For query on 2 sumps. U need not have 2 sumps. One sump only for cauvery water is good enough. You can pump borewater directly to the over head tank and use it . You need to have two separate over head tank one for cauvery and other for borewell and connect them accordingly where ever you want them .

Reg

Kumar
swamy_blr

Post by swamy_blr »

Hi Friends,

I am in process of Electrical Switches for my House, Please suggest which one looks elegant and good Quality from the below one

1) Legrand - Aertor
2) Panasonic Vision
3) Schnieder Electric - Zencelo
4) Havells Crabtree

The Rate difference is +/- 20/-, I am inclined towards Crabtree/Legrand.

Let me know experts opinion on this.

rgds
Swamy
ravikumar124

Post by ravikumar124 »

Harshit ,

I would like to share my feedback as i half way done with my house construction around 4000 sqft ...
few quick observations .. architect costing 7 lacks for design support and who is busy .. is not a good deal at all
because when u start building . what info u got on paper will for sure change over a period time ..so keep it simple and open for change get the drawings and have architect who is close by and accessible when needed

just get the basic drawings like complete floor drawings , elevation , Elec , plumping .. furniture layout

and with regards to 2300 per sqft is more on higher side but can be explainable only if you know each components costing and if you someone say's 1400 per sqft then you know need find again what materials not only major but each and every components ..

i was thing its hard to do calc but if you spend 3-4 weekends with basic drawings u will know approximate cost for the materials what you selected and have 15 % buffer due to variation in cost and other GST taxes etc .. my idea is around 40% costing for structure job

please don't go by cost because it can be wide range and one last tip try to get the contractor whom you already know or you seen some of the jobs done by him for your close buddies and true feedback ...

goodluck for your project .

regards
Kumar
swamy_blr

Post by swamy_blr »

swamy_blr wrote:Hi Friends,

I am in process of Electrical Switches for my House, Please suggest which one looks elegant and good Quality from the below one

1) Legrand - Arteor
2) Panasonic Vision
4) Havells Crabtree

rgds
Swamy
Any updates on this, please provide the inputs as I am purchasing on Tomorrow.
senapathigopi

Post by senapathigopi »

I would go with Crabtree...,
I've seen Havells in my friend's house recently constructed, and he is into large scale Electrical & Refrigeration service sector.
He said its one on of best in India & availability is very good
swamy_blr wrote:
swamy_blr wrote:Hi Friends,

1) Legrand - Arteor
2) Panasonic Vision
4) Havells Crabtree

rgds
Swamy
Any updates on this, please provide the inputs as I am purchasing on Tomorrow.
Regards
Gopinath
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi,All
Architectural services are not just about giving design in paper and drawings. Every building design is new and unique with different experiments. Design with difference means there will be always some experiment and some risk , but it all depends on the architects confidence and his technical knowledge to resolve with best solutions.
When you hire any architect for full services it is means you are paying for design (2+ months) and post design services (15 + months), coordination with contractor, multiple agencies, site visits, material selections, estimates and re estimates, contract drafting and many more. So the fee part should be gauged based on the services you opt for.
Hiring an architect doesn't mean that every thing will be taken care by him/ her. Its like doctor services where he/she will be guiding and patient need to follow and every patient case in different though its the same human body analogy :)

Regarding the costing of the construction, in the current market rates (GST has not impact ) for a decent and stylish finishes you will end up with min 2000/- per sft. comparing with costing of 1600/- per sft is like comparing oranges with apples.
Its true that material specifications should be read in detail and most important thing is to read in between lines :). Finalizing the contractor is the most crucial part and the contract agreement should be as elobrate possible leaving no scope for assumptions .

All the best for your construction .

Regards
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior Designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
www.ardesarchitects.com
https://www.facebook.com/ardes.architects
suchith

Post by suchith »

Guys,
Can any one connect me with Nivas, badly looking for his suggestions. I am in very bad need. Really appreciate if any one can msg me his number on 9901887303
hnayak

Post by hnayak »

Need help with structural engineer services, any references from the forum?
goutam_d

Post by goutam_d »

Hi Experts,
I need some suggestion regarding Bathroom flooring.
Is it okay to use Granite in the Bathroom?

I am planning to have a dry area and wet area separation. So can I go ahead with granite in the bathroom?
Will there be any issue regarding slippery etc?

Regards,
Gout
swamy_blr

Post by swamy_blr »

Hi Gautam,

Yes you can go with Granite for Bathroom Flooring. I just done it at my house.

But don't go with Sadarahalli Granite, these will absorb the water and doesn't get dried quickly.

Always go with Hard Stone Granites (Tan Brown/Hassan Green/Silk Grey/Jet Black) with Rough area one side (Lapatra).
You can Put the Border with Polished Granite (Contrast Color) with 4 Inch/5 inch across which will look nice (Labour charges will increase).

The Cost of these Granites is range from 90 - 200 Per Sqft.

rgds
Swamy

Return to “Civil Construction”