House Construction - Experience

swamy_blr

Re: House Construction - Experience

Post by swamy_blr »

Hi SVK,

I am yet to decide on Plumbing requirement, So currently finishing my Structural activities.

Composite Pipes are very good and durable, multi layer pipes, but cost wise is highly expensive as per my understanding.
Don't find much buyers on this products. Check with Vectus brand (They have factory in Tumkur and regional office).

I don't think I will go with composite pipes :mrgreen: (I will look out for Ashirvad, Astral, Supreme majorly)

rgds
Swamy
kartheek

Post by kartheek »

Hi Swamy, et al

I’m in the process of negotiating a labor contractor (i.e. mastri) out 3 options I have. Their quote is ranging from 26K to 29K per chadra for pillar construction. Mine is a duplex house (1st and 2nd floor) approx. 20 chadra & ground floor is full parking (in future might extend to have 1BHK). So need your help in understanding the inclusions and exclusions (particularly) while finalizing the labor contract.

Since my ground floor is empty (only pillar and slab, no walls and plastering), what should be cost treatment in labor contract?

Included or Excluded?
1. Foundation grid mud work
2. Water sump
3. Staircase (both duplex house internal and external)
4. Sajja
5. Sajja level Lintel
6. Balconies?
7. Compound walls
8. Last floor parapet walls
9. Sunken bathroom plate
10. Overhead water tank
11. Anything else

Appreciate your inputs.

Thanks,
Kartheek
swamy_blr

Post by swamy_blr »

Hi Kartheek,

In the Labour Contract usually all the below works are included

1) Footings, Plinth, Foundation , Pillars construction
2) Water sump
3) Staircase (both duplex house internal and external)
4) Sajja & Lintel
5) Wall construction + Doors & Windows Fixing (Vascal only)
6) Balconies
7) Compound walls
8) Last floor parapet walls
9) Sunken bathroom plate (Part of RCC)
10 ) Overhead water tank
11) Elevation (Simple designs)
12) Complete Centering, Bar bending, Manual Concrete Mixing (RCC), If RMC is used - Motor pump charges will be borne by Labour Contractor

Excluded works in Labour Contract

1) Excavation work (Mud work - Removing & Earth Filling for Footings, Foundation, Underground Sump, RWH)
2) Electrical & Plumbing
3) Tiles Fixing & Flooring
4) Painting
5) Complex Elevation designs

If the GF is full parking without any Wall construction then Labour Charges should be around 60% to 70 % cost of Per Chadra.
The Calculation of Duplex House will be Roof to Roof.

Where are you constructing your House - Which area ? If you need any contract reference you can PM me.

rgds
Swamy
mprraykar

Post by mprraykar »

Hi Swamy,

Thank you for detailed information!!!

I would like to know what is complete construction cost projected for you. I am planning for G+2 floor in (45*30)1350 SQFT plot

Regards
Raj
swamy_blr

Post by swamy_blr »

Hi Raj,

It is difficult to arrive the construction cost, there is always + 10% to 15% increase depending on materials we use (Especially the Interiors)
We projected for my house (40.5 x 36) approximately around 75 - 80 Lakhs with Labour Contract (Including Interiors)

For structural part, I can mention the cost would not cross more than 35 Lakhs for the G + 2 (40 - 42 Chadras).
So the approximate Materials usage considering my House is as below.

1) Steel - JSW Steel = 11.5 tons @ Avg 47000/- per ton
2) Cement - Birla Super (53 grade) & Ultratech PPC (43 grade) = 1100 Bags @ Avg 370/- per Bag
3) Bricks - Wire Cut Clay bricks = 35000 nos @ Rs 7.00 per Brick
4) Sand - M sand for Footings, Pillars, Roof Slab = 150 Tons @ 800 - 850 Per ton
5) River Sand - For Sump, Wall construction & Plastering across = 100 Tons @ 2200 ~ 2500 Per ton

Labour Contract will be 27000 - 33000 per chadra , Electrical Labour would be 2200 Per chadra, Plumbing Labour would be 10000 Per bathroom

The other costs like Wood, Electrical items , Plumbing items, Flooring, Grills, Glass, Railings, Interiors will be depend on the Materials you choose like Medium or Premium materials, Totally it depends on your capacity and luxury you look for your house.

rgds
Swamy
humayun0205

Post by humayun0205 »

Hi Swamy,

Thanks a lot for sharing your experiences.Your posts are really helping people like me who doesn't have any knowledge on the overall construction process.

My construction(G+2) is gonna start in fortnight.i have few questions which i wanted to put across.

1) Steel - I am planning to go either for TATA Tiscon or JSW Neo.What is the size of the steel you have used for the foundation like 14 mm or 16 mm?
can i get the dealer details from where you are sourcing the JSW Steel?
2) Bricks - Wire Cut Clay bricks - You are getting the brick for a very fare rate. Can i get the sourcing details for the same?
3) M- Sand - How to check the quality of the M- Sand? As of now i am sourcing it from a factory in Tekkel near Kolar.

I would really appreciate your response for the above questions. please PM me the contact details of the dealers if available.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Humayun
swamy_blr

Post by swamy_blr »

Hi Humayun,

1) Steel - I am planning to go either for TATA Tiscon or JSW Neo.What is the size of the steel you have used for the foundation like 14 mm or 16 mm?
can i get the dealer details from where you are sourcing the JSW Steel?

- I gone with JSW Neo (Current Price is 48000 per ton), It is one of best steel in the Industry, the rate is raising abnormally
We used 16mm, 12mm & 10mm for our Footing, It depends on your structural drawings and analysis done by your Engineer (Go as per suggestion)
I purchased from Sri Venkateshwara Enterprises near Kanaka Nagar(Hebbal), Ph No : 9071300941 (Shashi)

2) Bricks - Wire Cut Clay bricks - You are getting the brick for a very fare rate. Can i get the sourcing details for the same?

- Our Wire cut Clay bricks are very good (Solid strength), Purchased from Venkateshwara Bricks (VBT or SVV), they given me good price,
Now they are selling at 7.50/- per brick , I recommend anybody for this vendor , Contact Driver Rajneesh ( 8884389568), he will coordinate with Factory

3) M- Sand - How to check the quality of the M- Sand? As of now i am sourcing it from a factory in Tekkel near Kolar.

- To be frank, I gone with our Neighbour's advise and our Structural engineer checked it and found good.
I used M sand only for Footing, Pillars, Plinth beam, Roof Slab.
All the Rest of the activities (Wall Construction, Plastering) was done by River Sand (From Harihar Sand @ 60000 for 10 Wheeler load)

rgds
Swamy
ramki067

Post by ramki067 »

swamy_blr wrote: All the Rest of the activities (Wall Construction, Plastering) was done by River Sand (From Harihar Sand @ 60000 for 10 Wheeler load)

rgds
Swamy
Hi Swamy,

Can i get the details of river sand person. In need of the same urgently.

Thanks,
Ramki
swamy_blr

Post by swamy_blr »

Hi Friends,

Yesterday I bought some Electrical Items for our House.

1) Anchor Metal Boxes (2M, 3M, 4M, 6M, 8M, 12M) - Got 55% discount on MRP
2) Indo Asian Distribution Box - Final Price @ 930 Per Box

I am planning to go with Havell's brand for Wiring from Havells Galaxy Shop.
They are giving around 48% Discount for 90 mtrs and 51% for 180 Mtrs Wire length. Is it good discount or should I negotiate further on this.

Please advise on Switches - Legrand/Crabtree/Anchor Panasonic Vision which one looks better and has good quality.

rgds
Swamy
sudheerkeshav

Post by sudheerkeshav »

Hi Swamy ,
I have purchased Lapp Kabel wires, which are quite good. google for lapp kabel company. Also another advantage is that , for the same price , they are offering 100 mts , while finolex ,havells are all 90 mts. Let me know and I will be happy to connect you with the seller.

Regards,
Sudheer

Return to “Civil Construction”