House Construction - Experience

ravikumar124

Re: House Construction - Experience

Post by ravikumar124 »

hi Swamy ,

we done with foundation and Columns rise for 30*40 .. next step is wall construction till Lintel .. and then RCC ( manual ) .. can you please let me know approximate no of man days for this activity

i heard we need to use vibrator during column concreting but our guy is not using he says it is only for RCC ( manual )..

some one suggested to use river sand for RCC with M-sand (washed ) is this ok to mix ( personally i prefer to use one )

and also in general what all the precautions we need to take care during lintel and RCC activity .. one thing i understood from your earlier treads is to have electrical pipes to put during RCC . any other things to take care .. please note we are not putting any wood work here due to poor planning . please share u experience on this topic .

thanks in advance

Regards
kumar
rajarajangs

Post by rajarajangs »

@Swamy - Indeed very informative, thanks for your efforts putting this up in an open forum to help fellow members. Much appreciated. I was trying to source JSW or Tata TISCON, but looks like these are not fast moving in the market, may be most of the folks go for low price steel. When I booked TISCON 500D from an authorized dealer mentioned in the Tata tiscon website, he tried delivering me a stock which was in deep red mud color, only one bundle of 8mm looked new, I rejected it asking for a fresh stock. That dealer, like many other dealers of Tata doesn't have a stock in their warehouses, instead they pick TMTs from some warehouses due to low movement. Anyone in the forum have ideas how we can see and source good steel? That deep red color says the material was kept in storage for long time .. should we reject or that is acceptable?

Thanks, Rajan
swamy_blr

Post by swamy_blr »

Hi Rajan,

Yes, TATA TISCON is not moving fast in Bangalore, might be cost factor is playing here.

Regarding your query on red mud color over the Steel - Please note this is just Corrosive layer deposited on the Steel Rods due to Rain/water flow or Weather change in the mean time, My friend who is chemical engineer had informed me that Little Corrosiveness of any Steel rods is good for Concrete work (Pillar/Beams/RCC slab) as it blends good with Cement composition. Don't know the real facts about it. Experts can highlight here.

Usually dealers don't keep too long Steel rods at their yards as Steel prices are dynamically changing due to demand and supply.
Hence they sell it off the old stocks at less price to Customers if it is slow moving. Just check how old the stock, if it is too old don't buy it.

I suggest you go with JSW Neo due to its availability across the dealers, JSW Neo is one of the best Steel which ranges from 47K - 48K at present.
You can get fresh stock as well.

rgds
Swamy
REVA

Post by REVA »

Rajan, Not an answer from my own knowledge in the this area or expertise. But when I was in your situation; I found a document on Tata site which talks about red color and it comforted me.

See section 2.4.1 in the document at:
http://www.tatatiscon.co.in/product-bro ... con-HB.pdf

In case you need another dealer for a Tata Tiscon - try ramesh @ 998602934five

Since you mention about mud, see section"Checklist for steel reinforcement" at http://www.tatatiscon.co.in/home-builde ... -step.aspx
Last edited by REVA on March 21st, 2017, 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
swamy_blr

Post by swamy_blr »

Hi Ravikumar,

Regarding the man days for Wall construction - If it is Cement bricks it will be very fast, Clay bricks takes Extra time compared to Cement bricks.
If the 3 Labours (Gare) and 2 Helpers are there, they will construct in 3 - 4 days till Lintel for 1000 SQFT area.

Don't allow to put the Columns/Beams/RCC without Vibrator, as it packs the Cement Concrete well across the edges of the box and Pillars will come nicely else Steel rods will be visibly see and patch work to be done after box removal. If they don't have it ask them to get for Rent. But insist to get it.

M Sand is good for RCC and Pillar work as per my Structural engineer as it blends correctly with Cement & Jelly.
Now a days River sand is very scarce and we get the filter sand which is more worst, So go with M Sand only as it is better than filter sand.

Precautions

1) Ensure you should have Electrical Drawings and should be put after the Barbending (Steel) work is completed, Please ensure your availability during that Electrical work - you can able to check the Fan boxes, DP placement, Speakers placements, CCTV camera, Spot Lights in Corridor, Balcony, Foyers, Staircases etc.. these things electricians will miss and you can't do after RCC is over else you need to do on the wall which doesn't look good

2) You can put the Mat/Chappe on the Centering as it gives rough finish to ceiling, during Plastering it holds the cement mixture perfectly.
The Cost of Mat/Chappe would be 4.00 Rs per SQFT, Usually Barbending guys will do it during RCC time.

3) Roof Slab steel work should be verified by your Structural Engineer before Pouring the Concrete and he/she should approve it. Else don't go for RCC.

4) Don't worry about wood work now, you can place the Window/Door Frame after the Wall construction, It should be better if we put along with Wall construction as there is no need to break the Bricks afterwards (Very Hard after Curing)

Ensure the water Curing is done time to time. Monitor the work frequently.

rgds
Swamy
ravikumar124

Post by ravikumar124 »

Thanks a lot for the valuable information .. i will make sure i don't miss any of items you mentioned above .
Vishu

Post by Vishu »

Thanks for the info SVK63.
Appreciate if you can let me know rest of the details once you understood them
satyagupta1603

Post by satyagupta1603 »

Hello All,

Thanks to swamy and others for valuable suggestions .

Can any one point me Agent contact to plan approval ?? My site is located @ kasturi nagar (Rama murthy nagar side).

-Thanks
ravikumar124

Post by ravikumar124 »

Satya ,

i would like share my experience for RRnagar BBMP in case your actual plan is not matching with BBMP specifications ...
i visit office BBMP office directly .. discussed the deal with BBMP engineer itself .. he give local contact to get the drawings , i got those drawings paying 5000 rs and for Eng additional 5000 rs bribe .. rest all amount is paid in the form of DD to BBMP .. you can try this as well .

kumar
rajarajangs

Post by rajarajangs »

Thanks Swamy and Reva for the answers. I went to the warehouse run by the Tata distributors with the dealer, located in Kannamangala gate, after Kadugodi bridge and selected the bars. Its a open warehouse, I do not find much difference going there and picking up the steel myself, its a awful waste of time going there and wasting half a day. Better to go with a good dealer and get it done. If your requirements are more say, 10+ tonnes, you may want to go to the distributors office which is located in Jayanagar and see that gives you any cost advantage, not sure whether they entertain retail. The distributor is called GK Ispat.

Thanks, Rajan

Return to “Civil Construction”