House Construction - Experience

swamy_blr

Re: House Construction - Experience

Post by swamy_blr »

Hi Friends,

Some updates on our House Construction, We have completed the Electrical conduits fixing of Pipes, Metal boxes, Junction boxes on the Wall.
Ensured the conduits are aligned as per the drawing and according to the Interior plans.

Wall Plastering is started for the Ground Floor (Rented) and it is completed. We used Bharthi Cement (PPC) for the plastering (Cost is 340/- Per bag)
Water Curing is done 3 times a day after Wall plastering continuously for 1 Week.

For Duplex House we will start the Plastering from Monday.

Parapet Wall on the Terrace is in progress on backside wall Clay bricks (4 inch only).
Columns extension is done only upto 4 Feet and aligned with Parapet wall.

Plumbing will start once the Rough Plastering is completed for all Floors Bath room/Kitchen/Utility.

Any points at this stage to be taken care, Kindly suggest.

rgds
Swamy
Vishu

Post by Vishu »

Hello Swamy,

Good to know about your house construction progress.
Our home construction is also on same stage. Plastering is in progress.

Have you decided on pipes for plumbing? cPVC or Composite or GI?
I am thinking to go with Composite pipes considering their temperature resistance / longetivity / ease of use etc
Any thoughts or home work done by you in this regard.

@Others,
Request to share your opinions and experience with respect to composite pipes usage for plumbing

Thanks
Jagadeesh Patil
swamy_blr

Post by swamy_blr »

Hi,

I will go with CPVC only for my House and didn't even checked the Composite pipes.
Moreover Composite pipes are available in some dealers and ready availability is also problem if we need urgently.

We can go with CPVC Ashirvad SDR 11 Pipes for all the areas which can withstand the Hot temperature without any issue.

Comp Pipes Advantages are there, but at present I am not looking at it.
Could you please update the cost differences compared to CPVC pipes.

rgds
Swamy
Vishu

Post by Vishu »

Hello Swamy,

I think, It will be around 25% more compared to cPVC considering the fittings and less labour.
Yes, there are only limited places and dealers for the comp pipes. But considering its life, i guess we should give it a thought before we decide on cPVC , which is readily available and quite popular choice.

Apprecaite if others can share their inputs on this topic

Thanks
Jagadeesh patil
rajarajangs

Post by rajarajangs »

Swamy, how was your experience with the concrete mixing labor? Today I have done the footing work, the group which was mixing up the concrete very often had a wrong mix, our mason asked to have 2:5:6 (Cement : Msand : Jelly). We stood most of the time to make sure that they get to the right combination, but for few footings the concrete poured had more water, thus looks to me not a consistent work overall. They usually have no ears for anyone, looks like this is how it happens. How about getting RMCs? I do not want to repeat this episode in next concrete work.

Thanks, Rajan.
ravikumar124

Post by ravikumar124 »

Rajan ,

i totally agree with you .. even with me same experience while we were doing footing work .. Mason told same but those guys has no ears .. if u closely check then they will 2-3 mix as per your request and the minute u look away they will do their own combination ... and every time they say we know what we are doing .. this is our day to day job .. don't worry .. its perfect .. but i didn't like the way they done the job ...

i think i seen some topic here only live RMC vs manual mixing .. if u got big plot then it seems good choice for RMC but in my case 1200 sqft is small .. and with RMC concreting mix will be done quickly ... u need to hurry /fast to spread the mix evenly for roof activity .. which need to be considered .

Regards
Kumar
swamy_blr

Post by swamy_blr »

@ Rajan/Ravi - Actually Manual concrete mixing process is not always consistent, usually the Gang men are illiterate and they do routine work.
But when compared to RMC , I still prefer Manual mixing as we can able to see the what materials we are using in concrete. We can't check the same in RMC concrete as it done at factory itself.

Usually during the the manual mixing (Footing & RCC) - We 2 Persons monitored the complete activity.
One person near the Mixing machine where Gang men will pour the Jelly, Cement, Sand and insisted right quantity they need to put in machine to get right Mixture without missing any combination.
Other person was at the Concrete Pouring area and checked the mixture in right proposition and Structural engineer was also present in our case.

Always start the work in early morning, so that RCC will be completed before Lunch time and Gang men are active in the morning and listen to our words. As the time delayed they get fatigued and want to complete the process in hurry. Hence don't delay the morning session.

Right Mixture is 1:1.5:3 (Cement, Sand, Jelly) - Ensure the Gang men should not put more Sand unnecessarily above the suggested one.

rgds
Swamy
Yogavelraj

Post by Yogavelraj »

Dear Swamy

We can check in RMC also.the mix
Yogavelraj

Post by Yogavelraj »

Always 1:2:4 is sufficient for RCC work. As the variation of work manship is there the professionals suggest for 1:1:5:3, if you go with RMC still you can 1:2:4 saves some budget
ravikumar124

Post by ravikumar124 »

Yogavelraj /Swamy,

i am thinking to consider RMC , but i feel 1200 sqft is small portion to use RMC ..
if i go for RMC for Roof Concrete can you share pros and con on this

thanks in advance

Regards
kumar

Return to “Civil Construction”