What are the architect charges for house construction?

hanamantagoud

What are the architect charges for house construction?

Post by hanamantagoud »

Hi ,

I am planning to construct house for which i am talking to couple of architects.

How much do they charge ? How do they charge ?
kumarraja

Re: What are the architect charges for house construction?

Post by kumarraja »

Plan, elevation, structure design together should cost you 1 to 2% of construction cost.
Main drawings are structure drawings( design). Your building strength depends on structure engineer.
sun

Post by sun »

My architect charged 3% of overall construction cost and he also gave me interior plan at no extra cost. This was an year ago.
Goodhome

Post by Goodhome »

hi, how will you know construction cost? I assume its based estimated cost know...3% sounds to be a lot. Does the plan include plumbing , electrical, solar lines, gas piping. could you please explain. thank you
sun

Post by sun »

In my case we mutually agreed to pay the construction value that signed with the contractor ( it was material contract). For example - If construction contract with contractor was 45L on stamp paper, I will have to pay 1.35L to architect. My architect took care of Plumbing, Electrical, Solar lines, Gas piping ( it was very straight forward and simple being single unit of 3 floors, only one kitchen), along with interior outlining. #Goodhome
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi,
Architects fee is relative to design and dwgs you ask for .It can range from 2-16% of total cost of the project .But don't compare a 2% fee services with 16% fee services
In design industry fee is not just according to quantity of work but also design style and design quality .
Fee structure should always be compared on following factors
1.Design quality
2.Detail drawings (Grill details, flooring patterns, electrical , toilet tile patterns, plumbing, staircase railings, skylights etc )
3. Long term commitment till the end of the project .Less the commitment less the fee
4. Site visits
5. Contractor co-ordination
6. Estimation & cost control ( not reducing the cost by reducing the specs but efficiently using funds )
7. PMC (project management consultancy ) - deals with daily followup works and timelines .

Sturcural engineer never work on % but per sft rate .You can also fix up the fee to lumpsum but need to be very specific about services you need .
Bottom line is that services are always quality & quantity related ,you cannot evaluate them as product cost.

All the best for your construction .

Regards
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/ardes.architects
http://www.ardesarchitects.com
Chida_gs

Post by Chida_gs »

Hi,

My friend is planning to construct a House, His relative is contractor and taking care of Complete Construction (Material Contract).
Friend needs the complete set of Drawings for his house, the detail requirement expected is as mentioned below

Site Size is 1458 Sq.ft (40.5 X 36) - South West Corner Site.

1) Working plan & Approval Plan - Drawings
2) Structural drawings
3) Electrical & Plumbing Drawings
4) House elevation

We need the Architect cost for the above without any Supervision - Just Drawings for house
Could some body provide the inputs + any reference is welcome
Kiran Kumar K

Post by Kiran Kumar K »

Hi, as per your requirement except Approval plan drawing cost you around Rs 80/sft concept + working drawings like.,
• Floor Plans
• One 3D View
• 2D Interior Layout
• Civil Drawings
• Electrical Drawings
• Plumbing Drawings
• Architectural Drawings
• Structural Drawings
Note : Along with the concept plans all workings drawings like Architectural and Structural drawings will be provided as per Finalized concept plans without any Supervision.
simplybharath

Post by simplybharath »

Hi Chida_gs

you can contact my wife Deepti , her email ID is xxxxxxxxxxx, she can help you with the plans

Regards
Bharath

Edited by admin
Hi bharath,
We would like her to share her knowledge here in the forum before you can offer her proffesional services .This forum runs on "Give and Take" policy

ADMIN
navhe

Post by navhe »

my architect is charging 2.5% of overall cost (as per construction agreement or architects estimation - whichever is lower).
Cost of my G+Duplex of 3200sqft builtup area is coming around 1.25 lakhs- includes floor plan, structural, supervision, elevation and plumbing/electrical and other major working drawings.
my construction is half way through and so far it is been good experience with him. He is located in Kanakapura road and if you are interested, pl mail me. I'll share his contact number.

Return to “Civil Construction”