Floor plan for review and setbacks

rajeevanand

Floor plan for review and setbacks

Post by rajeevanand »

Dear Friends

Am attaching my final draft of floor plan (North facing road, G+1). I'm going for SMB masonry style of construction (wall on wall using stabilized mud blocks).

Will be happy to receive your feedback.

Also please let me know if the setbacks are ok to get automatic approval . If not, how much deviation is it amounting to. Any trouble from BBMP that I can anticipate ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards
Rajeev
Attachments
Proposed Plan.pdf
(277.74 KiB) Downloaded 645 times
Solar / Water / Organic gardening
yogeshhere

Re: Floor plan for review and setbacks

Post by yogeshhere »

Hi rajeev,

Plan looks good, considering you'd have understood your requirements and architect's brain as well.

I am building my own house in hennur with smb and similar load bearing structure.

So I have a few doubt. So many bedrooms, so less space of toilets, dining area. These are depends upon how many peoples gonna reside in this house.

You can not do modifications later in load bearing structure.
Plan your plumbing properly.

Is it gonna be exposed masonry? Or plastered?

It needs special understanding and caring from planning levels.

Setback's not okay as per the rule book.

Last, smb construction is not cheaper alternative. Do it if you love earth construction with right experienced people.

Yogesh
bloremanager

Post by bloremanager »

Bedrooms are 10x10 on the first floor? You would be hard pressed to fit in a Queen bed without hitting the sides constantly.
rajeevanand

Post by rajeevanand »

Thank you yogesh and bloremanager.. 10x10 is excluding wardrobes
bloremanager

Post by bloremanager »

Ground Floor - not good to have bathroom and toilet facing Puja room. Why do not you shift the bedroom towards the living room area and move the bathroom, toilet as attached to it. The layout is not good from my opinion.
Since directions are not specified, do not know what to specify. Toilets (throne sitting area) are generally installed in North-South direction. See if you can get Windows in the kitchen facing East direction. Kitchen is ideally to be located in South-East preferably or north-west if you have no choice. While cooking, the gas stove should be facing East. Have atleast 3 panel windows in your kitchen for maximum airflow. No toilets are to be installed in North-East direction (devru moole) and stairs to be avoided as well.
In the first floor - toilet should abut the bedroom, not the bathroom as during the night you need the barest minimum number of steps to go to toilet.
Please also have 1 toilet for the other bedroom, you seem to have enough space to install a small WC.
chandraklc

Post by chandraklc »

pooja room facing towards west is not good i believe, change it to facing towards kitchen (south). Kitchen location is perfect as per vaasthu (south-east in your case). first floor 3 rooms is too much. you can go for 2 rooms with attached toilet which is required. you cannot shift bath room to the end south - west conrner which is kubera moole.
rajeevanand

Post by rajeevanand »

Dear chandraklc

Thanks for your comments. We are 7 people, 3 elders, 2 growing up children, myself and spouse and I need a room for my work (planning to use the 1st floor south-east for this purpose).

Puja room - we considered the person performing puja sitting facing east also accessible to people from living room (on festivals and special occassions).
simplybharath

Post by simplybharath »

Hi Rajeev , Yogesh

can you let me know the economics of SMB construction , are you going for full material contract or just labour , because i plan to construct with SMB exposed brick construction at Yelahanka soon

Regards
Bharath
rajeevanand

Post by rajeevanand »

It's material contract. I'm not aware of anyone going for labor contract in SMB. I have submitted my plan for estimation. Yet to hear back. Cost wise, it may not be significantly lower to RCC construction because of higher labor cost in SMB construction. It would nearly be the same. I have seen many houses and hence liked this type of construction. The feel and overall environment inside the house is very appealing.
simplybharath

Post by simplybharath »

Hi Rajeev

My wife is an architect herself and we planned to do SMB for our house for its sustainable quality and aesthetics but we dont have experience in SMB construction practically till now . could you share your contractor information if its ok ?

Regards
Bharath

Return to “Civil Construction”