Who should approve building plan - BDA or BBMP?

devsathish

Who should approve building plan - BDA or BBMP?

Post by devsathish »

Hello Experts,
I just booked a plot in a BDA approved layout (Green Vista Phase 1, Sarjapur Road). Now going through home loan process with SBI.
Corporate Leisures (Builder) also constructed few villas in the same layout. Their marketing guys told that they got building plan (sanction plan) approved by BDA.
But their engineer said the villa plans approved by BBMP.

I am now confused, Can someone tell me how to find who is the approving authority?
I read through the Revised Master Plan 2015 (RMP 2015), but its in BBMP website [1]. Are the rules same for BDA as well?
Any inputs will be useful. Thanks in advance.

Location of the BBMP RMP 2015.
[1] http://bbmp.gov.in/documents/10180/5049 ... 8db7096ebd
rkodal

Re: Who should approve building plan - BDA or BBMP?

Post by rkodal »

Even me & friends on same dilemma, we were looking for to buy 40x60 plot & construct 4 floors in Gavipuram society, Nagadevanalli ...last Saturday we had been to BDA office, in Vijyanagar., to enquire regarding the plan approval. Here is the answer got from the office, If the property is still in BDA control & not yet handed over to BBMP officially, so BDA has to right to approve the building plan only one Kitchen in the zone offices, anything more than one kitchen have to get the approval BDA head office it seems & no control over BBMP.

experts & architects/engineers,..please add more information information about the plan approval.
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

Whichever area has come under BBMP Limit, their transaction related approval now handled by BBMP.
Even though the layout is developed or approved by BDA earlier.

Also there is a proposal with State Govt to make Only BBMP can give Building plan approval in the coming days.
Sandeep S.P

Post by Sandeep S.P »

anything more than one kitchen have to get the approval BDA head office it seems?

What is the process to get the extra kitchen in BDA approval plan? Do we need to approach BDA head office?
devsathish

Post by devsathish »

msn1270 wrote:Also there is a proposal with State Govt to make Only BBMP can give Building plan approval in the coming days.
My lawyer confirmed the same. He also said this proposal may take another year to become practical.
kumarraja

Post by kumarraja »

Both BDA and BBMP hire services of Director of Town and Country planning for approving plans BBMP have divided the city into 3 rings. Inner ring ( center of city) is allowed to have few higher floors.
Both BDA and BBMP have similar setback rules. Over a period of time BDA layouts become BBMP.

In a few years time both BDA and BBMP will merged.

Return to “Civil Construction”