Electrical Switches

sahu.mgse

Electrical Switches

Post by sahu.mgse »

Dear All

Which is the economical, decent and reliable electrical switch i can go for house and its price and dealer address. I have rental and own portion in building. I have shortlisted Anchor ROMA (viola), Legrand (mylinc), schneider etc.

Any points to be considered while purchasing these switches?

Sahu
Simran

Re: Electrical Switches

Post by Simran »

I have planned legrand for own duplex house and anchor roma for rental houses. But after using roma in my current home, I decided not to go for it. Couple of things I noticed in roma are;
- Some switches need a second push to turn on
- Plugging in and plugging out a power cable to a socket is not smooth.
- The whole unit itself shakes and tend to come out when a power cable is unplugged from a socket

I am not sure if this has to do something with the electrician's workmanship. Can experts please suggest some economical alternatives??
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi,
I agree with simran about anchor-roma switches quality depleting day by day .The sockets coming out when you pull plugs is nothing to do with the electrician workmanship but its a socket design issue.Many times plugs sit so tight in to the sockets that you need to use all your muscle strength to pull them.
Anchor roma quality has considerably reduced after merging with Panasonic, currently legrand brand is producing very sturdier switches and sockets in 3 segments .Price wise anchor roma would match to mid segment in Legrand with recent price revisions. Legrand top end aretor (basic white) series are almost 20-25% the expensive than Roma.

Regards
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior Designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
http://www.ardesarchitects.com
https://www.facebook.com/ardes.architects
rajeshkp

Post by rajeshkp »

Go for phillips it is very good.
Only issue is it's dealers are limited in number. You can buy it from major dealer in Chickpet
sahu.mgse

Post by sahu.mgse »

Simran wrote:I have planned legrand for own duplex house and anchor roma for rental houses. But after using roma in my current home, I decided not to go for it. Couple of things I noticed in roma are;
- Some switches need a second push to turn on
- Plugging in and plugging out a power cable to a socket is not smooth.
- The whole unit itself shakes and tend to come out when a power cable is unplugged from a socket

I am not sure if this has to do something with the electrician's workmanship. Can experts please suggest some economical alternatives??
Simran
Thanks for reply.
Which model of legrand you purchase for duplex. How much discount you got and supplier address.

sahu
Simran

Post by Simran »

Sahu,

I haven't purchased switches yet. I have fixed legrand boxes for duplex and anchor roma boxes for rental portions. Most likely I will go for legrand aretor model for duplex and mid level model for rental portions. Now the question is whether legrand can be fixed into roma boxes??

thanks,
girishkumarj

Post by girishkumarj »

Hi,

Anchor Roma is a good Model switches, but these cheap builders and buy Ancor roma plate only and put lowest verity of Anchor switches rider model verities. Make sure you have Roma switchs or Rider switches.

Regards
Girish.
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

dear sahu

always Price and reliability goes parallel.

if you look for economy, you need to compromise on the Quality and the reliability. Just b'cos you want to rent it out, don't go for very cheap items. Only if you have a budget constraint, then go for differential price and quality for yours and the renting part. Else, it always create headache and makes lot of issue in your relation with the tenants. Tenants will always blame the owner, you've used cheap quality items when it comes to damages and penalty claiming scenarios.

I see your short-listed makes in this order.

1) Roma -> Cheap(Both Price & Quality)

2) Schneider -> Above mid range. Also you can look at Crabtree, Philips, Wipro,

3) Legrand-> Superior Quality, but comes with a premium price. you can also look at Siemens in this range.

If you visit BVK Iyengar Road, you can get up to 45% rebate on the MRP.
sahu.mgse

Post by sahu.mgse »

thanks to all for reply.

Finally i went with legrand mylinc (rental) and legrand myrius (own use). I purchase it from meenakshi electrical , thippasandra . they gave 56% discount on both. Though, in chickpet and surrounding area i was offered 56-60% discount but due to fear of duplicity i went with reliable and nearby place.

Sahu
Simran

Post by Simran »

Sahu,

May I know which box you had fixed? Want to confirm whether legrand mylinc can be fixed on roma boxes.

Return to “Civil Construction”