Duplex house plan for review (East facing 30x50 site)

ramuramaiah

Duplex house plan for review (East facing 30x50 site)

Post by ramuramaiah »

Dear Members,
Please review my duplex house plan (including basic vaastu). It is an east facing site with 30x50 dimension.
Is the car parking space sufficient to part bigger cars?

Regards,
Ramu
Attachments
First Floor
First Floor
FF.jpg (86.8 KiB) Viewed 13048 times
Ground Floor
Ground Floor
GF.jpg (121.15 KiB) Viewed 13048 times
ausraja

Re: Duplex house plan for review (East facing 30x50 site)

Post by ausraja »

1)You need 16 feet for parking a big car
2)There is no common toilet in ground floor.I beleive instead of having the attached toilet and dress next to the staircase he can move it to the study area and have a common toilet in the same location(next to stairs).This will also make way for a larger living space.
3)Pooja can be moved to the front of the house by realigning store , pooja and kitchen together.

FF looks okay.
ramuramaiah

Post by ramuramaiah »

Thanks ausraja for reviewing the plan.

1. Yes, I will ask my Architect to provide 17 and 1/2 feet for the parking space.
2. I agree there is no common toilet in the ground floor. One option is to change the attached toilet in the GF to be a common toilet and replace the store room behind to be a attached toilet. But doing this will have a wall sharing between attached toilet and pooja.
3. We had much confusion on the placement of the pooja room. Many are of the view, it should be either facing east or north as per vaastu. Due to this reason, we had to plan it where is exists today. But I have seen many villa plans which have pooja room next to the kitchen which will be facing west. I am still confused.

Is the calculation of the total built area correct in both GF and FF? My initial plan is to limit it to 2000 sq feet in total but it has come to 2340 sq feet now.
My architect says, reducing the sq feet area will compromise on the dimensions of the existing rooms and it will not look good.
ausraja

Post by ausraja »

Sir ,

As per vastu the person worshipping must face towards East/North and not the deity so according to that what u have done is opposite to vastu.

Placing the pooja next to kitchen will solve all this problem (both puja and common toilet).It looks like teh engineer doing this plan doesnt know vastu properly else he must have picked it up easily.

As far as built up area is consider in the GF he has considered even utility as part of built up area.In the first floor he has consider even the balcony into built up area.
sk1976

Post by sk1976 »

Regarding pooja room orientation: I have heard many people saying the pooja room door should be facing east/north like any other room door including main door!. Following this comes at the cost of poor layout of other rooms. I have also seen many house plans and in completed houses too the pooja room door faces west and many temples deities do face west including Lord Muruga in Palani and you can find many such temples in google search... So God will be happy with the dedicated west facing real estate space that too in Bangalore :-)

I faced similar situation during my house planning and I went with the option that was suitable for maximizing space and ventilation. My pooja room door faces west and we keep the deities facing West and North.

All the best with your house construction!.

Regards,
Selva
ausraja

Post by ausraja »

Selva ,

I agree with what you said and when i started in construction by inclining towards making the house the modern way rather than following vastu but i faced a lot of challanges.

1 ) My wife totally disagreed about me on not following vastu and stopped talking and taking interest.
2 ) My consulting Engineer inspite of telling was implementing vastu and was feeling as if he is commiting
a murder by not following vastu.
3 ) My building contractor passed a lot of negative comments on my plan saying agni moola , kuber moola etc etc
4 ) My father in law and Mother in law started bothering me on my wifes behalf.
5 ) My labours started arguing as soon as they started understanding the plan that its not vastu.
5 ) Finally my guests at my house warming ceramony had a mouthful to talk about vastu violations.
6 ) Finally Everyday you sleep in the house and for everything that happens you start beleiving(if u dont others will make u beleive) that it happened due to your foolish decision of not following vastu.

We live in a society where we wont be allowed to live our own ways and dont u think ist easy to follow (as much as possible)instead of suffering for the rest of life.I dont know if god will be happy or not but people wont be ...
ramuramaiah

Post by ramuramaiah »

So, I will leave this base plan as it is without much modifications. As per the existing plan, the pooja room is facing east and it has good ventilations.
sk1976

Post by sk1976 »

ausraja: I do not mean to suggest to violate Vaastu . In Vaastu, we won't find single rule book, but there are lot of interpretations on the vaastu rules. I have also followed vaastu in positioning the Main door, Living room, kitchen, master bedroom, staircase, balcony and even bath rooms according to vaastu as following many of the vaastu principles don't pose issues in building layout. But trying to follow vaastu in all the aspects is really difficult as there is no certified/approved vaastu rule book to follow!

In case of pooja room door direction, the suggestion says one should pray facing East or North. If pooja room faces East, I don't understand how can one can pray facing East?. And many suggest that it should be in North East corner of the house. How can one build in North east corner of the building with pooja room facing east/north as building will have external walls on north/east side?.
These are my personal opinions and to what degree one wants to conform to Vaastu is a personal decision of individuals.

Cheers!

-Selva
kaukix

Post by kaukix »

Hi ramuramaiah,

Agree with sk1976. Usually when doing pooja, its done facing East. So east facing pooja is not very useful! :-).

At the end of the day its your decision, but as you had asked for opinion, if you change orientation of pooja, you may be able to reorganize the floor plan to liberate more space.
sanchitnis

Post by sanchitnis »

Rules of vaastu change from place to place. While south facing main door is strictly no no in Karnataka, I heard it is OK in Tamilnaadu. So you can always find a place which gives rules of vaastu that will align with your design.
Here is an extract from Web from an 'expert' in Vaastu:

The people who live in this direction (South facing houses), generally have firm determination in their goals somehow. They will be ready to follow all the methods without hesitation for their victory. They will readily sacrifice smaller things to reap bigger benefits. The houses in this direction are best suitable for merchants and for ladies establishments. Ladies have domination in these houses. The occupants (South facing house) can earn riches very easily as they are flexible to the business transactions.They will be selfish in their dealings. They won’t allow others to dominate them. Hence, they may develop enemies in their life or business. If this direction is afflicted, this will lead to arrogance of female in the houses. The property will become women’s property by suppressing the male domination. The underground structures like septic tanks, water tanks should not be constructed in this direction. There should not be any pit or well in this direction. These will cause very bad results to the occupants. If we properly utilize this direction, more wealth, fame are assured. Some one opinion is that South side house is not good for achievement, but its totally wrong idea. South directional house is very good for money matters, but we have take care all the precautions before selecting the plot and constructing the house as per vaastu shastra, then victory, money, health, wealth will be the address of that house. Any how contact one good experienced vaastu consultant before selecting or constructing or buying plot/house. If South side is having mountains or sky scrappers or apartments then residents may live like Kubera.
-----

So, if you are women, then you must choose south facing as per this :-)

I stay in an apartment where half the number of main doors are facing south. And I do not see any health of otherwise issue with the families staying there. IN rest of the world, they do not follow our Vaastu rules and they are still doing quite OK.

PS: I am following vaastu for my house as I may sell the house in future and thus do not want to reduce customers, just because it is not following vaastu.

Return to “Civil Construction”