Help required regarding Borewell issue

msn1270

Re: Help required regarding Borewell issue

Post by msn1270 »

Further lowering the Pump level will not help you in anyway as the yield is low.
Same way decreasing the pipe dia/pump capacity is also of no use, as you are able
to draw only the available water. Same qty you may extract at longer time.
The only option left out is to make use of the Rainwater harvesting and its the right time
to start recharging you ground water level.

Changing the pipe size or Pump capacity makes no harm to your pump,
unless the water dries out.
Last edited by msn1270 on June 20th, 2017, 10:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
nharish

Post by nharish »

Hi tvsh, sorry exactly it is at 14 AMP and reduces to 10 AMP and 8.9 KW for initial 45 mins and 5.5 KW after 45 mins. I am not sure about the rating of the motor what you are looking however specification is 7.5 HP, 75 stage, 1305 head Range, Three phase. After pulling out the water in full force for 45 mins we did the camera scanning while motor was running after 45 mins (3000 litters) of water extact and water level was exactly above motor. Water was 0.5 inch of water flowing out with lesser forece and for 45 mins it was extracting only 1000 litters of water. I hope there will no affect on motor as water level is above motor. Please suggest.
nharish

Post by nharish »

msn1270 wrote:Further lowering the Pump level will not help you in anyway and the yield is low.
Same way decreasing the pipe dia/pump capacity is also of now use, as you are able
to draw only the available water. Same qty you may extract at longer time.
The only option left out is to make use of the Rainwater harvesting and its the right time
to start recharging you ground water level.

Changing the pile size or Pump capacity makes no no harm to your pump,
unless the water dries out.
Thanks MSN1270, Once my apartment is fully constructed I will implement rainwater harvesting method to recharge my bore.
tvsh

Post by tvsh »

The hydraulic performance of Taro 7.5 hp 7 stage pumps is 2520 liters at 1227 feet. So you should expect about 2500 liters in an hour. You are saying that you are getting 3000 liters in 45 minutes. Did you measure the amount of water pumped or is it a guess? Secondly, if the borewell runs out of water, then you will get some water, then only air for a few seconds and then some water again. You will not get continuous flow of water (.5) inch as you mentioned. If there is always water above the motor, then the issue is not the borewell. You will have to check with the submersible pump vendor as to why the water gets reduced after 45 minutes, even though there is water in the borewell.
nharish

Post by nharish »

3000 Liters of water was a guess. ok to clarify while I was purchasing the vendor told me the pump belongs to Texmo not sister company Taro and to check on your point today I called vendor he said regarding the Starter board which controls the power supply as per the load. I have purchased L&T GU 10 model Starter. I have updated the camera scanning video in below link please check and let me know your opinion and also is it possible starter can control the power supply to pump? somehow I am having some doubt what vendor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LuNI4klimc
tvsh

Post by tvsh »

The L&T starter is fine.
From the video, Here are my observations,
1. you did get good water while drilling. I think it is about 1.5 inch of water.
2. You got 2 good streams early on in the video. Why did you drill for 1270 feet? If you get good water at shallow depths and then you drill very deep, there are chances that some of the water will flow into gaps that are hollow and will not be available to you.
3. I think I saw three sources of water in your borewell.
4. The water is not above the motor. If you see the video from 34:21 to 34:38, you can see that the water is submerging only a part of the pump. So you can try lowering the pump by another 20-30 feet.
nharish

Post by nharish »

Thanks tvsh, will lower the pump by another 20-30 feet and get back to with the result.

Return to “Civil Construction”