Gauribidanur sand

ramuramaiah

Gauribidanur sand

Post by ramuramaiah »

Dear Members,
I am planning to start my house construction in couple of months in Horamavu area. I started doing some research and talking to contractors. One contractor says he will use M sand for construction and the other with Gauribidanur sand. I have heard about M sand but not about Gauribidanur sand. I came to know that Trichy or Karur sand from tamilnadu is of good quality but expensive with recent ban on sand from those areas. Is Gauribidanur sand directly from river basin or is it processed and what about the quality?

Thanks for any information you may have regarding this.

Regards,
Ramu
ashokbuildtech

Re: Gauribidanur sand

Post by ashokbuildtech »

Gouribidnur sand or from anywhere should use river sand instead of filter or mixed sand , since the clients are non technical they can say some good words and impress when come to reality its totally different story,

M sand cant be used for plastering as well as block work, it can be only used for concrete works, technically m sand behaves same as sand but practically for block work and plastering its not possible, binding strength and adhesiveness is poor compare to river sand , for concrete works gives good strength, with added admixture

ask them to submit a sample for river sand wherever from it is and forward it your architects or engineer let them take call, since you are paying them
they can easily make by some basic tests, you may have o take many suggestion for other materials too from your architects or engineers like wood, steel,cement,blocks or bricks , small home work help you increase the output and durability of building , since all above said materials available in degraded quality but looks alike

hope you helps
ramuramaiah

Re: Gauribidanur sand

Post by ramuramaiah »

Thanks Ashok.

I have checked with one other contractor, most probably I am going to finalize on him. He says, he will use M sand for foundation and use Trichy sand for plastering purposes.

Return to “Civil Construction”