Painting Quotation for new house

newbie81

Painting Quotation for new house

Post by newbie81 »

Hi

we are in phase of Painting the house .I have received a Quotation .
Want to see if its worth or Over priced

Interior carpet area - 3500 SQFT
Exterior - NOT sure ,how to calculate.Its in 30*50 site with three floors

Quotation - rs 275,000

Includes
Material
Labour for painting ,Windows Grills and Vaskal Varnish/Polish (have 15 Vaskal and One teak door)

Regards
Divya
sahu.mgse

Re: Painting Quotation for new house

Post by sahu.mgse »

Can you provide cost breakup and paint type for inside and outside surface. My carpet area is similar to your, for same reason need detail for my work.

sahu
Nivas

Post by Nivas »

Its economical if you pay the painter piecewise labour and procure the material yourself of your choice. I did so for my building, This painter did a good job and very reasonable after comparing lot of quotes. The attitude is very good , he does work without countering my opinion.
Lalu Paswan : 9945040415

Labour quote
Interior walls : 2 Coats Putty + 1 coat finishing putty+ Primer + 2 Coats of Paint (of your choice except Royale Play ) : Psft : 15 Rs.
Exterior Walls : Primer + 2 Coats of Paint of your choice : Psft 12
Repainting : 1 coat of paint : Psft 5
Enamel for Grills , Painting Wood doors and windows : Psft 7
Royale play textured paint : Rs 40 Psft
Wood \ Door Polishing : PU : 80 Rs Sqft (Windows) , Only the surface area of wood is considered. , For door shutter is charged at 80Rs if the design is simple , The door frames are calculated at 50 Rs per RFT.

He also does Material contract, You can contact him directly if interested.
pribaaji

Post by pribaaji »

hi divya,

The quotation looks fine for complete material contract for the sqft you have mentioned.But check the type of paint they r using. If they r using just the basic one, then in my opinion you can negotiate for better material.Also check his previous work and get feedbck from the owners.We completed painting with labour contract for a similar size house.Exterior was apex and interior 1floor royal with pattern walls,stencild and the remaining 2 floors tractor.Then the other grill paint,door and window paint.Totally it came around 2.25Lakhs including labour.This is just for your reference.

Regards,
Priya.
ashokgeorge

Post by ashokgeorge »

Dear All

Better beware of these rogue painters from Bihar/ UP. They cheat without mercy and use spurious materials sourced from City Market. I have been a victim of this. Better source materials from a big dealer without intimating them where you bought the materials from. This will effectively prevent additional commission being padded onto your cost.
newbie81

Post by newbie81 »

Thank you all for the inputs .
I will foresee the material in site
And final quote is 250000 + 20000 as performance bonus if completed in time and satisfied quality
sahu.mgse

Post by sahu.mgse »

Dear all;
I am making G+3 floors in 30x40 sites. Ground floor 400sft 1BHK and remaining is parking.
The painter has quote total labour charge lumsum 2.10 lakhs that includes

Interior walls : 2 Coats Putty + 2 Primer + 2 Coats of Paint (no restriction on paint type )
Exterior Walls : Primer + 2 Coats of Paint of your choice
Repainting : 1 coat of paint (neighbor's adjacent side total wall)
Enamel for Grills , Painting Wood doors and windows
Royale play textured paint : as per your wish
Four Teak Wood Doors Polishing.
Sump painting.

How is the quote? any comment. What is reasonable labor charge for painting ?

Sahu
pribaaji

Post by pribaaji »

hi sahu,

if its just labour, then its high as per my opinion. I had given my building, exactly same as yours, 30×40, GF 1bhk, FF,SF and Terrace floor room on labour for 1 lakh lumpsum.It included all that you have mentioned, except for the Teak door polishing.

Regards,
Priya Balaji.
sahu.mgse

Post by sahu.mgse »

thanks.
My site is in old airport road and i have one more floor as part of duplex floor. can you share the contact no. of your painter.
Are you satisfied with his work?
pribaaji

Post by pribaaji »

Return to “Civil Construction”