Full Contract

firsttimebuilder

Full Contract

Post by firsttimebuilder »

Hi All,
I am planning to construct basement/GF/FF. The Civil Engineer/Architect is suggesting his charges would be cost of the material + 10 %.

Can somebody suggest is it ok to agree for cost+10% agreement. Any valuable feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
ashok.chava

Re: Full Contract

Post by ashok.chava »

My Contractor is quoting 1850 per Sqft for G+2(G- 2 bed room for rental and 1 and 2 are duplex). The quote does not include compound wall and vitrified tiles (cost Rs. 60). I don't know if its too much. I am also looking for a feed back.
nagzzz

Post by nagzzz »

@firsttimebuilder- depends on what all work is being quoted. For the structure (includes everything except for Interior design) is about 5-6%. this will include all drawings, elevation, floor plans, electrical and plumbing plans, stairs design, house flooring designs, paint scheme.
If the architect is also doing all interiors, then 10% is decent. this would additionally include your wardrobes, kitchen, furnishing etc.

@ashok-1850 without flooring is too much. anyway, this is not the right away of take a quote. A Basic contract can start from Rs 1300/- going all the way till 2500/- and even beyond. first take a quote and check what Cement, sand, steel, flooring, paint, plumbing, fittings, tiles etc is being given in the quote. Don't fix up the price upfront. If you want, I can give you details about the contractor who did my house. cheers.
ashok.chava

Post by ashok.chava »

Hi Nag,

Can you please provide me your contractor details?

Ashok Chava
mgmprasad

Post by mgmprasad »

Hi Nag

Can you please send me the details too to my mail id mgmprasad@gmail.com.
Also your phone number if you dont mind.

Thanks
Prasad
rrprakash

Post by rrprakash »

Hi Nag,

I am also in look out for a good contractor who can take up job with item rate contract.

Kindly PM your contractor details.

Regards
girishd

Post by girishd »

mgmprasad, rrprakash,

You can speak to Gopal (7676277763). He is currently working on my project (6300 sft) which is pretty much done on structure portion and in finishing stage. I am reasonably happy with his work. If needed you can have a look at my site near Jambu Savari Dinne @J P Nagar 8th Phase. PM me for details.
sandeephc10

Post by sandeephc10 »

Hello Friends,

A Very good reliable Contractor Contact is known to me, i have seen his work and its really good.
You can contact this person- Subramani 9448088499
girishshk

Post by girishshk »

Can any one provide a reference for good labor contract, i understand that there will be atleast 10% margin for material contract.
karjagir

Post by karjagir »

Girish,

My contractor is pretty good and I have found him to be a very ethical person. Where is your site located ? I can check with him and provide details. He generally does not take more than 2 projects at a time due to monitoring challenges and he cannot travel very far so I will need to check with him first

Karthik

Return to “Civil Construction”