Alibaba direct import from china.

venkyn

Alibaba direct import from china.

Post by venkyn »

I happen to see that Alibaba express service is available for chinese products in india. They delivery directly to india. Did anyone try?
Nivas

Re: Alibaba direct import from china.

Post by Nivas »

No parcel can reach you in India without the additional import duty\ customs bill from customs or local carrier after it reaches via chinapost.
Customs will have their own evaluation of the product not just the bill amount, and will have lots of components like Basicduty,addl duty,spl addl duty ,addl cess,custom cess etc. import duty depends on products at times can cost you a bomb. for ex ceramic articles, 30% etc. wood may be less
Suggest buy locally.
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

Before buying anything from China market, please keep note of the below points(Aesthetically).

1) In Alibaba, Most of the items will be sold only in MOQ(Minimum Orderable Quantity) which varies from 50/100/1000 Pcs & in their multiples. Generally they don't entertain discrete quantities of 1 or 5 or 10 Pcs. For individuals MOQ quantity is not useful.

2) Price mentioned on the website in for X-place(xyz china province) before shipment. All their internal and the destination statutory charges(Shipment, customs, Excise, Cell, Clearance commission...etc) are all at actuals & extra. Hence an individual will not be able to know the actual final price until it comes to his hand after all clearance.

3) One of the main concern from china makers is the quality. In many cases, what you see online or at the time of your visit may be different and what you receive from them later is of lower quality(This is the practical experience as per our SP Road Electronic Component Dealers).

4) In case of any returns or replacement, all the shipment expenses will be at your hand and the time & effort involved is very high and for an ordinary person, its a herculean task.

5) Based on the mode of shipment, shipment period varies from weeks to months together.

6) Getting a suitable replacement or equivalent one in the future will be uncertain.
tech4pk

Post by tech4pk »

If you are buying from Aliexpress, then you can order single quantity also.
Suggest you to buy low value, smaller size products. I had bought quite a few LED lamps, sensors and home security items from Aliexpress and got them without any issue, but the deliver time would be around 30-40 days.
You can even try DX.com where I had bought some good bathroom fittings and their quality is also good.
sun244

Post by sun244 »

Techpk,

That is interesting. So you are saying that you just ordered the items and it got delivered without any customs headache? How do you know for which items you need to go through customs and which comes directly? Can you please share experience?

Thanks

Sun
tech4pk

Post by tech4pk »

for me, most of my items are small value. I believe that India Postal does not calculate if the package is simple packed and smaller ones. But, I had to pay some duty for zigbee controller, which was bit big size and I had to pay around 300/- as customs for a 90$ value item.
So, if you are buying smaller ones, then there will not be any duty but sometimes (but, they might catch few randomly).

Return to “Civil Construction”